Lisa Posted May 14, 2012 Posted May 14, 2012 Thanks, TT! So... [quote] "Obedience and her sister patience show whether the soul is in truth clothed in the wedding garment of charity." [i]Dialogue [/i]163. -Saint Catherine of Siena [/quote] I clearly have a lot to work on.
Deus te Amat Posted May 14, 2012 Author Posted May 14, 2012 Oh dear. Me too. How does it feel to be a college graduate?
Lisa Posted May 16, 2012 Posted May 16, 2012 Only 800ish more posts until I can change my title. Got to keep working at this.
TheresaThoma Posted May 16, 2012 Posted May 16, 2012 [quote name='Lisa' timestamp='1337206760' post='2431406'] Only 800ish more posts until I can change my title. Got to keep working at this. [/quote] So that means around 9 posts per day until you leave?
Lisa Posted May 16, 2012 Posted May 16, 2012 Right. Dominican quote: [quote] None but you, Lord [/quote] At the end of his life, St. Thomas Aquinas was asked what reward he desired. He simply answered, "none but you." Wow. There's a preaching friars reflection on that. http://www.preachingfriars.org
TheresaThoma Posted May 18, 2012 Posted May 18, 2012 Yay for preachingfriars.org. I know most of the brothers that do that! I used to go to their Vespers when I was in Saint Louis. By praying with them I learned and fell in love with Liturgy of the Hours.
Lisa Posted May 23, 2012 Posted May 23, 2012 One month till pre-aspirancy week, around 90ish days till entrance!!!! Praise the Lord!!!! [color=#000000][font=sans-serif][size=3]"The secret of happiness is to live moment by moment and to thank God for all that He, in His goodness, sends to us day after day." -St. Gianna Molla[/size][/font][/color]
AveMariaPurissima Posted May 23, 2012 Posted May 23, 2012 [quote name='Lisa' timestamp='1337780052' post='2433954'] One month till pre-aspirancy week, around 90ish days till entrance!!!! Praise the Lord!!!! [/quote] Yay!!!!!!!!! How many are in your group so far? Hey Lisa -- I was just wondering...why do all the pre-aspirants every year have to make their own outfit? I mean, what happens to all the aspirant outfits of the previous groups? Why can't they just be "recycled" for the incoming aspirants (provided, of course, that they fit)?
Lisa Posted May 23, 2012 Posted May 23, 2012 (edited) Ave- I'd rather not say, just to maintain the privacy of those entering/discerning whether this year is right. It does appear our group will be over similar size of the classes from the past few years. I've had a few people ask me about that, and I really don't know the exact answer, but (plus I'm super excited about making mine so no complaints here!) my best guess is that they just get worn out. The community is large and they have some industrial-sized washing machines. Obviously, these do serious wear-and-tear on any clothing. After a year's washing, there wouldn't likely be enough that are still in good shape to pass on to the next class; they also might not be the right sizes. Long-term, who knows? I think they do keep ones that are in good shape though, and if something happens to mine, my guess is that they use those as backups. This is just my understanding, so I'm definitely not speaking officially, here! Edited May 23, 2012 by Lisa
AveMariaPurissima Posted May 24, 2012 Posted May 24, 2012 Thanks for your reply. (It didn't occur to me that asking about the size of the group [i]was[/i] kind of nosy...sorry. )
MissScripture Posted May 29, 2012 Posted May 29, 2012 Are you sewing it all yourself, or do you have help?
MIKolbe Posted May 29, 2012 Posted May 29, 2012 [quote name='Lisa' timestamp='1338261115' post='2436890'] I bought 9 yards of blue polyester today. [/quote] you're laying the groundwork for a fat joke at my expense, aren't you?
Lisa Posted May 29, 2012 Posted May 29, 2012 [quote name='MIkolbe' timestamp='1338294923' post='2437028'] you're laying the groundwork for a fat joke at my expense, aren't you? [/quote] Well, since you brought it up, I'd like to point out that [i]I[/i] can make a couple outfits with 9 yards... MS: My mom's going to be helping me, but the patterns are pretty simple (elastic waistband skirt, no lining in the vest), so I think it won't be too bad.
dominicansoul Posted May 29, 2012 Posted May 29, 2012 [quote name='Lisa' timestamp='1338261115' post='2436890'] I bought 9 yards of blue polyester today. [/quote] wait til you get to the buying of comfortable "nunnish" shoes.... [quote name='Lisa' timestamp='1337209487' post='2431433'] Right. Dominican quote: At the end of his life, St. Thomas Aquinas was asked what reward he desired. He simply answered, "none but you." Wow. There's a preaching friars reflection on that. http://www.preachingfriars.org [/quote] i'm surprised he didn't ask for a Big Mac.. (sorry, i couldn't resist a St. Thomas fat joke...)
Lisa Posted May 29, 2012 Posted May 29, 2012 [quote] i'm surprised he didn't ask for a Big Mac.. (sorry, i couldn't resist a St. Thomas fat joke...) [/quote] [quote name='dominicansoul' timestamp='1338301852' post='2437067'] wait til you get to the buying of comfortable "nunnish" shoes.... [/quote] I have them! I went for "comfort and durability, not style."
MissScripture Posted May 29, 2012 Posted May 29, 2012 [quote name='Lisa' timestamp='1338295206' post='2437030'] Well, since you brought it up, I'd like to point out that [i]I[/i] can make a couple outfits with 9 yards... MS: My mom's going to be helping me, but the patterns are pretty simple (elastic waistband skirt, no lining in the vest), so I think it won't be too bad. [/quote] My mom and a friend of hers helped sew my sister's. My sister CAN sew, but she hates it. But she was shocked, when they had to sew their habits, to find out that many of the Sisters in her class had never touched a sewing machine before. I guess a few of them had hired people to sew their aprons for them, because they didn't know people who could sew.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now