An Old School Catholic Message Board

Kathleen Sebelius To Speak At Georgetown

mantellata

mantellata

[size=4]Hi all,[/size]

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]I just wanted to pass on the opportunity to sign a petition begging [color=#333333]President DeGioia and Dean Montgomery [u]not[/u] to have Kathleen Sebelius speak at the graduation ceremony.[/color][/font][/size]

[size=4][color=#333333][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]It's an easy petition to sign, from the folks at [url="http://www.catholicvote.org"]www.catholicvote.org[/url][/font][/color][/size]

[size=4][color=#333333][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Just follow this link >[url="http://www.catholicsforunity.com"] www.catholicsforunity.com[/url][/font][/color][/size]

[size=4][color=#333333][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]-----[/font][/color][/size]

[size=4][color=#333333][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Your thoughts on the present state of affairs?[/font][/color][/size]

Ed Normile

Gee, ya think this will work any more than the attempt to keep Obama from speaking at Georgetown worked? Heck patty, they even covered up the symbol IHS, the name of Jesus, at Obama's request, to have a neautral background when he was filmed for TV. Georgetown seems to be in the same league with Notre Dame when it comes to their catholocity. I will sign it though.

ed

PadrePioOfPietrelcino

I was actually one of the few people who was Glad when the President appointed her to HHS...1) because he would appoint someone like her anyway...2) Thank God she's not in Kansas anymore.

I'm signing right away.

mantellata

Catholic Vote was able to pressure Pepsi-co recently to stop using fetal cell lines to flavor test their products. I think we have more power than we realize....

It's all about solidarity......

They are seriously inviting her? Why are all these "smart" university people so dumb?

[quote name='Mercy me' timestamp='1336448212' post='2428492']
They are seriously inviting her? Why are all these "smart" university people so dumb?
[/quote]
sin makes you stupid.

Groo the Wanderer

[quote name='CatherineM' timestamp='1336451034' post='2428529']
I signed yesterday. Are the Jesuits even Catholic anymore?
[/quote]

about half of them i think....

Basilisa Marie

Georgetown is only a Catholic university in name and pays lip service to the Jesuit educational tradition. One look through their website and it's quite obvious that they're interested in promoting a variety of faith traditions, but sadly at the expense of any solid Catholic identity.

I wouldn't be surprised if they asked her to speak for the publicity, because they're trying to be seen as some kind of intellectually superior school that doesn't let some dogmatic obsession cloud their minds. It makes me sick.

LaPetiteSoeur

Just a question: who would you all like the university to invite?

[quote name='Basilisa Marie' timestamp='1336481715' post='2428586']
Georgetown is only a Catholic university in name and pays lip service to the Jesuit educational tradition. One look through their website and it's quite obvious that they're interested in promoting a variety of faith traditions, but sadly at the expense of any solid Catholic identity.

I wouldn't be surprised if they asked her to speak for the publicity, because they're trying to be seen as some kind of intellectually superior school that doesn't let some dogmatic obsession cloud their minds. It makes me sick.
[/quote]

I wish they were interested in promoting Catholics traditions.

[quote name='LaPetiteSoeur' timestamp='1336484707' post='2428600']
Just a question: who would you all like the university to invite?
[/quote]

Dr. Gerard M. Nadal