An Old School Catholic Message Board

Kathleen Sebelius To Speak At Georgetown

mantellata

LaPetiteSoeur

[quote name='Papist' timestamp='1336485134' post='2428604']
I wish they were interested in promoting Catholics traditions.
[/quote]

That's why we have to pray for them. Also, we need to give them good suggestions as to who they should invite to speak. Or, we could just simply ask God to lead Georgetown back to his path.

[quote name='LaPetiteSoeur' timestamp='1336485262' post='2428606']
That's why we have to pray for them. Also, we need to give them good suggestions as to who they should invite to speak. Or, we could just simply ask God to lead Georgetown back to his path.
[/quote]

Yes, pray of course. But also need to stand up and take action.

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='LaPetiteSoeur' timestamp='1336485262' post='2428606']
[/quote]

No.
We have to work like it depends on us and pray because it depends on God. We have to do BOTH :)

dominicansoul

i wish they would remove the word Catholic from their university... and no longer be afilitated with the Church since they are not afiliated in their hearts to our faith and our teachings...

Groo the Wanderer

[quote name='LaPetiteSoeur' timestamp='1336484707' post='2428600']
Just a question: who would you all like the university to invite?
[/quote]

Raymond Cardinal Burke would be a good start

Maximilianus

Father Pacwa. [quote name='LaPetiteSoeur' timestamp='1336484707' post='2428600']
Just a question: who would you all like the university to invite?
[/quote]

Anyone that doesn't promote the culture of death and publicly goes against the Church. I'm sure Georgetown can find someone like that of distinction in whatever field.

[quote name='Groo the Wanderer' timestamp='1336501638' post='2428735']
Raymond Cardinal Burke would be a good start
[/quote]

How about Dolan? :)

The Cardinal Newman Society has quickly collected more than 14,000 signatures on a petition opposing the appearance of Kathleen Sebelius, the Secretary of Health and Human Services (HHS), as a commencement speaker at Georgetown University.

[size=4]If George Bush, a man who not only invaded a country on false pretenses, sparking a mass campaign of genocide and ethnic cleansing but also presided over an administration that actively and systematically perused a campaign of torture in said country, were invited to speak there would be hardly be a peep here. The same could be said of a member of the Reagan administration which actively backed and supported savage dictators in Latin America. All this culture of life talk within the religious right is "[font=arial, sans-serif]only a resounding [/font][i]gong[/i][font=arial, sans-serif] or a clanging cymbal"[/font]. It's earnest but unreflective. [/size]

I signed at the Cardinal Newman Society. [url="http://www.georgetownscandal.com/"]http://www.georgetownscandal.com/[/url]
For me, it's personal. My Dad was a Prof. there in the 1950's and then watched in horror
as its Catholic identity was trashed in the sixties.
I met a lady a couple of years ago who said her husband got his Master's at Georgetown and
didn't discover until after he left that it really was a Catholic school!
That says a lot.

S.

[quote name='Hasan' timestamp='1336544769' post='2429012']
[size=4]If George Bush, a man who not only invaded a country on false pretenses, sparking a mass campaign of genocide and ethnic cleansing but also presided over an administration that actively and systematically perused a campaign of torture in said country, were invited to speak there would be hardly be a peep here. The same could be said of a member of the Reagan administration which actively backed and supported savage dictators in Latin America. All this culture of life talk within the religious right is "[font=arial, sans-serif]only a resounding [/font][i]gong[/i][font=arial, sans-serif] or a clanging cymbal"[/font]. It's earnest but unreflective. [/size]
[/quote]
If you want to get into politics, president Obama on the other hand, was the only senator in Illinois to vote for a measure that would allow baby which had survived an abortion attempt and was born alive to be murdered! Infanticide!!!! We also see him try to push his agenda on to the American people via his Healthcare law. Deeply imbedded in that law are laws that half of Americans don't agree with. This present is not bi-partisan; he is partisan. And doesn't care about anyone but his fellow pro choice democrats! don't talk to me about bush and leave Obama out! It's a two sided coin!
People who are Pro life and religious really do believe that God breathed a soul into them at the time of conception. I don't like how you belittled people of faith. That was wrong. I don't want to have an argument about this but I just had to say something. :cry:

dominicansoul

[quote name='Slappo' timestamp='1336577930' post='2429118']
Wait... people here like Bush? :|
[/quote]

:hehe2: I was thinking the same thing!!!