Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Recommended Posts

Posted

Im thinking of getting one like this

[img]http://www.futureshop.ca/multimedia/Products/250x250/101/10114/10114810.jpg[/img]


opinions?

Maximilianus
Posted

It looks sleek

Posted

It is the lazy and expensive option when I prefer this and this but am having a hard time finding the grinder

[img]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41NTJJ4MABL.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.cornerofthecafe.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/1314284616-french-press.jpg[/img]

Posted

don't do it...

your coffee expenses will go through the roof

dominicansoul
Posted

vee...did you win the lottery?

Maximilianus
Posted

[quote name='vee8' timestamp='1337370667' post='2432285']
It is the lazy and expensive option when I prefer this and this but am having a hard time finding the grinder

[img]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41NTJJ4MABL.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.cornerofthecafe.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/1314284616-french-press.jpg[/img]
[/quote]'


the above is the lazy option for people that roast thier own coffee

Posted

[quote name='Maximilianus' timestamp='1337371208' post='2432291']
'


the above is the lazy option for people that roast thier own coffee
[/quote]

rotfl

<_<

Posted

I've used that exact one and it always is mal-functioning. I have the basic Keurig for over a year and love it. No clock, programing, or water resevoir. You can buy an insert to fill with your own coffee which helps on the expense. If you make only a cup at a time, I think it works out cheap enough when you aren't wasting half a pot or trying to brew a small quantity and not getting a consistent brew strength.

IcePrincessKRS
Posted

[quote name='Anomaly' timestamp='1337371857' post='2432295']
I've used that exact one and it always is mal-functioning. I have the basic Keurig for over a year and love it. No clock, programing, or water resevoir. You can buy an insert to fill with your own coffee which helps on the expense. If you make only a cup at a time, I think it works out cheap enough when you aren't wasting half a pot or trying to brew a small quantity and not getting a consistent brew strength.
[/quote]

I'm not a coffee drinker but Anomaly made the exact point I was going to. Just get the adapter to use with whatever coffee you normally drink. Much cheaper than K cups. I have several friends who own Keurigs and they love it, but they all have also invested in the adapter and use the K cups more as a treat. You can also use it for making loose teas if you're so inclined.

Posted

Ill jsut take this vending machine, which grinds and brews your coffee while you watch the live camera

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55yP_KxG990

LaPetiteSoeur
Posted

I love my family's french press. We get the coffee ground a different way when we buy it (we don't grind our own), and it works perfectly. My family is from an area of the country that likes their coffee to "stand up and talk to them" and the french press works perfectly.

Posted

[quote name='LaPetiteSoeur' timestamp='1337372602' post='2432302']
I love my family's french press. We get the coffee ground a different way when we buy it (we don't grind our own), and it works perfectly. My family is from an area of the country that likes their coffee to "stand up and talk to them" and the french press works perfectly.
[/quote]

how much coffee do you have to have before it starts talking to you!?!? :|

Posted

Average ground coffee
$8.99 per pound, the cost of a cup brewed is 25 cents if you assume 42 cups per pound and an average of 15% left over coffee in the pot that is tossed.

Single use K-cups:
Packs of 48 cups for $24 after sales and free shipping or 50 cents per cup


How much will it cost over the course of a year of drinking 2 cups each day?
Answer: $182.50 for bagged ground coffee; $365.00 for K-Cups

LaPetiteSoeur
Posted

[quote name='vee8' timestamp='1337372682' post='2432304']
how much coffee do you have to have before it starts talking to you!?!? :|
[/quote]

We put in two scoops of community coffee with chicory! :)

It starts to yell if we put in anymore. :nun:

Posted

[quote name='MIkolbe' timestamp='1337372687' post='2432305']
Average ground coffee
$8.99 per pound, the cost of a cup brewed is 25 cents if you assume 42 cups per pound and an average of 15% left over coffee in the pot that is tossed.

Single use K-cups:
Packs of 48 cups for $24 after sales and free shipping or 50 cents per cup


How much will it cost over the course of a year of drinking 2 cups each day?
Answer: $182.50 for bagged ground coffee; $365.00 for K-Cups
[/quote]

It depends. I usually end up buying coffee in the morning. If I bring in k-cups to work bingo, I just saved somewhere between a dollar and like 4.

Maximilianus
Posted

What advantage do Keurigs have over regular coffee machines that would justify the expense if you are not using the cups?

Posted

[quote name='MIkolbe' timestamp='1337372687' post='2432305']
Average ground coffee
$8.99 per pound, the cost of a cup brewed is 25 cents if you assume 42 cups per pound and an average of 15% left over coffee in the pot that is tossed.

Single use K-cups:
Packs of 48 cups for $24 after sales and free shipping or 50 cents per cup


How much will it cost over the course of a year of drinking 2 cups each day?
Answer: $182.50 for bagged ground coffee; $365.00 for K-Cups
[/quote]
the price breakdown helps. I only drink one cup at home a day, the croutons at work doesnt count

Posted

Max ... a regular one cup machine would have almost the same effect. You're right. A one cup machine would be cheaper with just about the same amount of cleanup.

dominicansoul
Posted

[quote name='LaPetiteSoeur' timestamp='1337372602' post='2432302']
I love my family's french press. We get the coffee ground a different way when we buy it (we don't grind our own), and it works perfectly. My family is from an area of the country that likes their coffee to "stand up and talk to them" and the french press works perfectly.
[/quote]

do you add liquor to your coffee? :P

Maximilianus
Posted

I think my gandma still uses a pot and strainer.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...