An Old School Catholic Message Board

Oooh, This Is Going To Be A Good Thing!

Lisa

[url="http://imaginesisters.org/comingsoon/"]http://imaginesisters.org/comingsoon/[/url]
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=x6sge19dMVw&noredirect=1"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=x6sge19dMVw&noredirect=1[/url]

Sister Marie

[quote name='Odin' timestamp='1338068358' post='2435219']
Now these are REAL religious. So great to see orders that still use the habit. Solid stuff.
[/quote]

All religious who have made public profession of vows are real religious according to the Church who accepts their vows and the constitutions/rules of their respective communities. To say otherwise is to go against the authority of the Church.

All who leave everything to follow where God is calling them and live that life to the hilt are soldiers in God's army.

(and that includes of us who are supportive of vocations but who aren't being called to live as religious, too -- God's home army!)

(Appropriate for Memorial Day weekend...!)

This is the description of the program, which is still in development.

[quote]

[color=#333333][indent=1]Imagine Sisters is a web and campus-based movement that aims to inspire the imaginations of young women to consider the beautiful call to consecrated life as a sister.[/color][/indent]
[color=#333333][indent=1]
[b]Mission[/b]The Church needs sisters, and we need saints to prove the very existence of God to a world that so desperately challenges the foundations of our Catholic faith. By living out a truly authentic life in service and love, sisters give testimony to the perfect love of Christ. There is something beautiful about meeting a young sister joyfully in love with Christ, and we think the world needs to know about it.

We'll be releasing our website, a short documentary, campus discernment tools, and a selection of free online resources in the coming months. We ask for your prayers as we continue to work with our team to develop resources that will truly ignite the discussion about the vocation of professed sisters.[/color][/indent]
[color=#333333][indent=1]
[b]Description[/b]
Imagine Sisters is a web and campus-based movement that aims to inspire the imaginations of young women to consider the beautiful call to consecrated life as a sister. With the guiding truth that one sister can change the world, Imagine Sisters strives to connect the world with sisters passionately embracing their call to serve the Lord.

[b][/b][/quote]

[size=4]I'm especially excited that they want to get Sisters on campuses to meet young people. A lot of people- myself included- who didn't go to a Catholic school (with or without Sisters) and overall have had very limited exposure. One talk, retreat, or interaction can plant the seed for a vocation.[/size]

[size=4]Maybe the same thing could be done for each vocation! Have a "Couples night" and have a married couple come and talk about the joys and challenges of married life, etc. Single life, priesthood, etc.[/size][/color][/indent]

I guess I meant those sisters who actively fight the moral teachings of the Church. Many of whom misrepresent the Church in theological courses in colleges (know from experience).

Strictlyinkblot

[quote name='Maximilianus' timestamp='1338074231' post='2435246']
Okay, I'll say it

[spoiler]WHERE'S THE IMAGINE BROTHERS MOVEMENT!?[/spoiler]
[/quote]

I'm sure its in the works. Maybe you should look into it.

BarbTherese

Some religious orders are not following what The Church teaches, and maintain a religious habit - others have abandoned the habit and these might be probably in the majority; however, there are religious who are in secular clothing who are dedicated in every way to The Church and adhere wholeheartedly to what The Church teaches. They are holy religious.

Judging a person, or forming an impression of any person, by what they wear is totally inacurate criteria and in any walk of life. It is a mentality of this world not of The Gospel. What a religious may wear is certainly not what religious life is all about - the criteria of religious life or what makes a person a religious sister, for example.

TheresaThoma

That is great! I know I really started thinking about religious life after spending time with some Sisters and Brothers.
I think there are similar things popping up in different places. I know in Spokane they are having a "Vocare" weekend. Vocation Directors from the different women's communities in Spokane will be there and sharing a bit about their communities.