An Old School Catholic Message Board

Oooh, This Is Going To Be A Good Thing!

Lisa

AveMariaPurissima

This movement sounds awe.some!!!! I recognize the DSMME, but what order is the other sister from?

Kayte Postle

This is so avvesome, the founders of this movement were at the DSMME retreat this weekend, they were very nice and you could tell they were super excited about this. The website just launched yesterday. Truely an exciting thing to see!

[quote name='the171' timestamp='1338183780' post='2436246']
Why must everything be at colleges??? ahaha
[/quote]

They founders mentioned that they will start offering kits to start you own group at your college, high school or Parish.

Edited by Kayte Postle

[quote name='AveMariaPurissima' timestamp='1338222781' post='2436388']
This movement sounds awe.some!!!! I recognize the DSMME, but what order is the other sister from?
[/quote]

Franciscans of the Eucharist in Chicago!

Thanks, Lisa! I could tell they were some flavor of Franciscan.... but.... lots of those out there!

Do you know if they always keep white veils, or if eventually they receive black ones?

[quote name='AnneLine' timestamp='1338243626' post='2436599']
Thanks, Lisa! I could tell they were some flavor of Franciscan.... but.... lots of those out there!

Do you know if they always keep white veils, or if eventually they receive black ones?
[/quote]

^Wondering this also!

I believe they are all novices at this point. I'm not sure if the professed veils will be black (but I kind of assumed they would be). It is a very new community!!

Once again Sr. Marie you have put everything into perspective and brought forth your wisdom and maturity into this site...and I might add, it's much needed. Having grown up in pre-Vatican II era, I have seen the flip side as it were of religious life and now see that it's somewhat going backward (not to mean in a negative way). To say, in general, that religious who do not wear the habit are not supporting the Catholic Church's teachings ( in so many words) is ludicrous. That's like saying that if I don't wear a suit and tie to Mass that I'm not a devout Catholic.

A little less JUDGEMENT and a LOT more open minded and Christian thinking might be in order here.

LaPetiteSoeur

[quote name='Lisa' timestamp='1338245967' post='2436649']
I believe they are all novices at this point. I'm not sure if the professed veils will be black (but I kind of assumed they would be). It is a very new community!!
[/quote]

I'm assuming they are; they should be professed soon. Sr. Stephanie was made a novice a few months ago.

[quote name='chasmi' timestamp='1338249348' post='2436717']
Once again Sr. Marie you have put everything into perspective and brought forth your wisdom and maturity into this site...and I might add, it's much needed. Having grown up in pre-Vatican II era, I have seen the flip side as it were of religious life and now see that it's somewhat going backward (not to mean in a negative way). To say, in general, that religious who do not wear the habit are not supporting the Catholic Church's teachings ( in so many words) is ludicrous. That's like saying that if I don't wear a suit and tie to Mass that I'm not a devout Catholic.

A little less JUDGEMENT and a LOT more open minded and Christian thinking might be in order here.
[/quote]

I don't think anyone on this thread has said that religious who don't wear the habit are not supporting the Magisterium. It has been stated that most religious who promote crazy stuff are wearing secular clothes. Just wanting to clear that up!

[quote name='emmaberry' timestamp='1338263975' post='2436932']

I don't think anyone on this thread has said that religious who don't wear the habit are not supporting the Magisterium. It has been stated that most religious who promote crazy stuff are wearing secular clothes. Just wanting to clear that up!
[/quote]

I have been trying to make that clear. God bless all of these women who uphold the teachings of the Church and provide an example for us all (both with and without the habit)