An Old School Catholic Message Board

Modesty And Swimwear...

Annie12

PhuturePriest

[quote name='USAirwaysIHS' timestamp='1338417296' post='2438149']
Blame the Puritans instead.
[/quote]

Gr... Puritans... They gave us sucky beer, terrible work hours and they over-sexualized everything... Again: Why does America base everything from the Salem Witch Trial people?

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1338423537' post='2438233']
Gr... Puritans... They gave us sucky beer, terrible work hours and they over-sexualized everything... Again: Why does America base everything from the Salem Witch Trial people?
[/quote]
I've heard Puritan beer is actually quite good. And their sexuality's over-rated.

PhuturePriest

[quote name='Socrates' timestamp='1338425896' post='2438262']
I've heard Puritan beer is actually quite good. And their sexuality's over-rated.
[/quote]

No amount of beer makes eight hours of work with little breaks and few days off, nor is it worth ruining beautiful art.

I think it's ironic that the "Puritans" took the purity out of art.

Lilllabettt

I have this mental image of v8 all excited, opening up her huge photobucket file of crucifixion photos, thinking "now which shall I use to startle and provoke this time????"

I think if we didn't care about what Jesus wanted, we wouldn't be having this discussion. It is because we do care that we want to strike a good balance between what society sometimes tells us we want, and what Jesus wants.

I'm remembering the comments of Corrie ten Boom (the protestant evangelical whose sister died in the concentration camps in Germany) who commented on the insight that her sister had during one of the weekly 'inspections' in the concentration camp. She described how much they dreaded the weekly ordeal, when they had to stand around without their clothing... while the guards laughed and gawked at them. It made all the difference when her sister, Betsie, whispered to her, 'they took His clothes, too.' It helped her to realize Jesus understood what it was like to have that experience, and it helped her to focus on His love. I am sure that is what you are trying to get us to understand, too, Vee...

However.... I have actually known people who find it hard to look at a crucifix because of the exposed, uh, skin.

I do hope, Vee, you aren't asking Him to wear a T-shirt.

Edited by AnneLine

princessgianna

[quote name='AnneLine' timestamp='1338429995' post='2438315']
I'm remembering the comments of Corrie ten Boom (the protestant evangelical whose sister died in the concentration camps in Germany) who commented on the insight that her sister had during one of the weekly 'inspections' in the concentration camp. She described how much they dreaded the weekly ordeal, when they had to stand around without their clothing... while the guards laughed and gawked at them. It made all the difference when her sister, Betsie, whispered to her, 'they took His clothes, too.' It helped her to realize Jesus understood what it was like to have that experience, and it helped her to focus on His love. I am sure that is what you are trying to get us to understand, too, Vee...
[/quote]

It is comments of memoirs like these that put me to shame as I complain about the trials and tears of my life.
Without doubt comparing this to my life (currently speaking) , I feel like a 'real' princess.
:unsure: