An Old School Catholic Message Board

Modesty And Swimwear...

Annie12

Groo the Wanderer

painting the body seems rather dumb. if you actually went swimming, wouldn;t it come off? idgi

PhuturePriest

And to think I really wanted a subscription to Sports Illustrated Magazine when I was eight or so. I was naive enough to think it was actually about sports and not showing naked women.

Edited by FuturePriest387

[quote name='Groo the Wanderer' timestamp='1338523296' post='2439130']
painting the body seems rather dumb. if you actually went swimming, wouldn;t it come off? idgi
[/quote]
plus that would be AT LEAST a 5 gallon bucket of paint.

and stop calling me fat.

Winchester

[quote name='ardillacid' timestamp='1338501333' post='2438939']
I find it interesting that socalguy posting a bikini pic gets an edit and stern verbal warning, but winnie does it, its lol ok!

Of course its not like winnie's posting pics of an American sex symbol who got famous for being a silly sally.
[/quote]
I already apologized for not meeting you last time you were in town. Holding grudges is unhealthy.

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1338526215' post='2439162']
And to think I really wanted a subscription to Sports Illustrated Magazine when I was eight or so. I was naive enough to think it was actually about sports and not showing naked women.
[/quote]

It is. You can make a request and not get the swimsuit addition.

i<3franciscans

[quote name='kujo' timestamp='1338560761' post='2439309']
Let's talk about gay marriage
[/quote] :getaclue:

:P

What happened to llamas? lol

i<3franciscans

edited because the llama picture didn't load.

Edited by i<3franciscans

[quote name='Groo the Wanderer' timestamp='1338560972' post='2439315']
no such thing. per God. argue with Him.
[/quote]

God said gay people can't enter into a contract with each other on the steps of city hall or progressively-[color=#000000][background=rgb(248, 248, 248)]minded faith institutions?[/background][/color]

[color=#000000][background=rgb(248, 248, 248)]What page of the Bible are you reading?[/background][/color]

Groo the Wanderer

what orifice did you pull that out of? that's not at all what i said. nor what God said.

try again...this time with less obtuseness

[quote name='Groo the Wanderer' timestamp='1338562200' post='2439340']
what orifice did you pull that out of? that's not at all what i said. nor what God said.

try again...this time with less obtuseness
[/quote]

I'm simply making a distinction between the sacrament of marriage, which is beautiful and sacred and safe from federal and state intrusion, and that little piece of paper you sign at the end of this religious ceremony, which is nothing but a simple civil contract that contains and implies precisely [b]zero[/b] spiritual or theological significance whatsoever. I don't remember God saying anything that mentions the need to protect that little slip of paper from those darn gays. And even if I did, I wouldn't believe that His words ought to be translated to laws in a secular society, since there is, again, precisely [b]zero[/b] "common good" besmirched by gay marriage.

[quote name='kujo' timestamp='1338562051' post='2439337']

God said gay people can't enter into a contract with each other on the steps of city hall or progressively-[color=#000000][background=rgb(248, 248, 248)]minded faith institutions?[/background][/color]

[color=#000000][background=rgb(248, 248, 248)]What page of the Bible are you reading?[/background][/color]
[/quote]In Groo's defense here, even you don't normally equate what the government does to marriage. Many people here don't.

That means that Groo's point about gay marriage not existing a very valid point.