An Old School Catholic Message Board

Im New Here

srmariam

i<3franciscans

Welcome to our little, crazy, amazing phamily. It is great to have you!

[size=1]Franciscans rule.[/size]

[quote name='srmariam' timestamp='1339008251' post='2441851']
That is very kind, but a peaceful end would be a kinder prayer - my mother is 94 so to pray for recovery is not realistic. She is called Catherine, my grandmother was Emily. Thank you.
[/quote]

"Your wish is my command" :pray: As a nurse for nearly 50 years, I most strongly feel that the quality of life, especially at the end, is something too often not given enough consideration.

Well my stay with you here has ended being shorter than I expected. My mother died suddenly but peacefully on Thursday. Her funeral will be on Wednesday and I will return to my Carmel in France the following Monday. I will be keeping you all in my prayers and will try to pop on again before I head back.

Strictlyinkblot

Eternal Rest grant unto her, Oh Lord and may Perpetual Light shine upon her and may she rest in peace. Amen

Your mother is in my prayers, may she rest in peace. I pray you have a safe journey back to your Carmel.

AccountDeleted

Sorry we won't get to meet, but prayers for you and your mother. I'm sure you will be glad to get home again.

Dear Sister,

Prayers for your and for your Mother.

From the way you spoke, this was God's gift to both of you -- and I am glad that she will not be suffering, and that you will be able to go home soon.

God's timing is always beautiful, but I wish we had been able to get to know you better.

Blessings and prayers from all of us....

Sr. Mariam, I don't think I ever welcomed you, and now it's time to say goodbye! Please keep us in your prayers, and be assured of ours. May the Lord grant your mother eternal rest and joy in the Kingdom of Heaven!

truthfinder

Prayers for the repose of the soul of your mother.

While your visit here was brief, it was good to have you!

Baruch Dayan Emet.

[Blessed be the Righteous Judge -- the tradtional Jewish response to hearing bad news]

I'm glad the end was peaceful, and that you could be with her.