xTrishaxLynnx Posted June 30, 2012 Posted June 30, 2012 [quote name='Laudate_Dominum' timestamp='1341084319' post='2450949'] I'm starting to like the current filter situation. Makes serious cat posts slightly amusing. [/quote] What is "serious cat?"
MIKolbe Posted June 30, 2012 Posted June 30, 2012 [img]http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/029/398/Iareseriouscat.jpg?1318992465[/img]
AnneLine Posted June 30, 2012 Posted June 30, 2012 Just figured this out (haven't been on as much and just thought I was tired.... or others were tired...) But it is TIRED when one is trying to talk about 'com-pas-sion' and gets comparseion.... Glad to know it is a phydleer bug... (yes, I typed that one myself!) Why should the filter have all the phun?
Innocent Posted July 1, 2012 Posted July 1, 2012 Please don't take this as a criticism of the moderation team or the administration of this website. I would not do that since I know that such is prohibited here, and I don't want a warning, and I realise that when I'm a guest in someone else's place, I have to follow his rules. Having said that, I would like to humbly state for the record that I fail to see the humour in the fiddlers implemented here. I can understand fiddlering out swear words, but purpose-less fiddlering of random words is irritating. Of course, if I had more control over my emotions, I wouldn't get irritated by such a trifle. Thus there is a problem on my side and I can't blame others. From this angle, I am thankful for the fiddlers since they provide me a means of self-mortification. That's all. I had to get that off my chest. Again, this is not a criticism of the mods or the admins.
cmotherofpirl Posted July 1, 2012 Posted July 1, 2012 I think the latest philter is ridiculous, I makes me feel like I had one drink too many when I haven't even started
qfnol31 Posted July 1, 2012 Author Posted July 1, 2012 [quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1341114417' post='2451061'] Once again, it is a software glitch!!! [/quote]That's just what dUSt wants you to think.
Jesus_lol Posted July 1, 2012 Posted July 1, 2012 [quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1341114417' post='2451061'] Once again, it is a software glitch!!! [/quote] should win an award for longest lived glitch it was here when i joined 6 years ago
ardillacid Posted July 1, 2012 Posted July 1, 2012 [quote name='ardillacid' timestamp='1340846490' post='2449743'] Why is everybody being such a crybabypeepants about the fiddler? [/quote] [quote name='Innocent' timestamp='1341114051' post='2451055'] Please don't take this as a criticism of the moderation team or the administration of this website. I would not do that since I know that such is prohibited here, and I don't want a warning, and I realise that when I'm a guest in someone else's place, I have to follow his rules. Having said that, I would like to humbly state for the record that I fail to see the humour in the fiddlers implemented here. I can understand fiddlering out swear words, but purpose-less fiddlering of random words is irritating. Of course, if I had more control over my emotions, I wouldn't get irritated by such a trifle. Thus there is a problem on my side and I can't blame others. From this angle, I am thankful for the fiddlers since they provide me a means of self-mortification. That's all. I had to get that off my chest. Again, this is not a criticism of the mods or the admins. [/quote]
IcePrincessKRS Posted July 1, 2012 Posted July 1, 2012 [quote name='Innocent' timestamp='1341114051' post='2451055'] Please don't take this as a criticism of the moderation team or the administration of this website. I would not do that since I know that such is prohibited here, and I don't want a warning, and I realise that when I'm a guest in someone else's place, I have to follow his rules. Having said that, I would like to humbly state for the record that I fail to see the humour in the fiddlers implemented here. I can understand fiddlering out swear words, but purpose-less fiddlering of random words is irritating. Of course, if I had more control over my emotions, I wouldn't get irritated by such a trifle. Thus there is a problem on my side and I can't blame others. From this angle, I am thankful for the fiddlers since they provide me a means of self-mortification. That's all. I had to get that off my chest. Again, this is not a criticism of the mods or the admins. [/quote] No one has added anything new to the fiddler. As has been stated[i] repeatedly. [/i] [quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1341114417' post='2451061'] Once again, it is a software glitch!!! [/quote] Some people just like to add a rant without actually reading to see if there has been an explanation. [quote name='qfnol31' timestamp='1341115567' post='2451066'] That's just what dUSt wants you to think. [/quote] Except Red and I both have admin access and the ability to view the fiddlered word list. I can arseure everyone nothing new has been added to the fiddler. (Yes, I get that you were just joking around, but not everyone is as sharp as you are.) [quote name='IcePrincessKRS' timestamp='1340898307' post='2449975'] [b]Dust has looked into the problem and said that there was an upgrade that messed up the bad word filter and it won't be properly fixed until the next upgrade (he did not mention when that would be, but hopefully soon). [/b]I guess we'll all just have to be creative in our word choices if we want to get around arse and such. Or just find the hilarity in all of it. [/quote]
Innocent Posted July 2, 2012 Posted July 2, 2012 (edited) [quote name='IcePrincessKRS' timestamp='1341157005' post='2451158'] No one has added anything new to the fiddler. As has been stated[i] repeatedly. [/i] [/quote] I was not referring to the new additions to the fiddler. I merely used this context to state my impressions of the fiddlers that are present now and have been implemented here in the past: e.g, fiddler, razzle dazzle, coagulated milk, smells of elderberries, pantaloons etc., etc.. Anyway, please take it as something I mentioned in parseing. It's not a complaint that I want you to take seriously. I realise there's not much hope of anyone here turning off the fiddlers. Please forget I said anything. I will not bring up this topic hereafter. Edited July 2, 2012 by Innocent
MIKolbe Posted July 2, 2012 Posted July 2, 2012 [quote name='cmotherofpirl' timestamp='1341114337' post='2451059'] I think the latest philter is ridiculous, I makes me feel like I had one drink too many when I haven't even started [/quote] Story of my life, mee-maw.
IcePrincessKRS Posted July 2, 2012 Posted July 2, 2012 [quote name='Innocent' timestamp='1341189428' post='2451310'] I was not referring to the new additions to the fiddler. I merely used this context to state my impressions of the fiddlers that are present now and have been implemented here in the past: e.g, fiddler, razzle dazzle, coagulated milk, smells of elderberries, pantaloons etc., etc.. Anyway, please take it as something I mentioned in parseing. It's not a complaint that I want you to take seriously. I realise there's not much hope of anyone here turning off the fiddlers. Please forget I said anything. I will not bring up this topic hereafter. [/quote] Don't worry. I didn't take it seriously. Aside from bad words that may have slipped through the cracks adding and removing words to the filter isn't my (or any other mod's) job. That's strictly Dust's territory.
xTrishaxLynnx Posted July 2, 2012 Posted July 2, 2012 [quote name='IcePrincessKRS'] (he did not mention when that would be, but hopefully soon.) [/quote] He told me it's usually updated every few weeks or so
AnneLine Posted July 2, 2012 Posted July 2, 2012 (edited) Tis a pain, but nothing we can't live with, right? For now let's turn this into a spiritual project. (Might as well turn this into something useful.).. Perhaps ... everytime we see one of the mucked up philters, we could say a prayer for anyone who might be tempted to hack email accounts and webpages? That way, regardless of what is behind it, we get some value for our frustration. I like to make little devils fall on their uh. asses... [b][color=#008000]<-- [/color][/b][color=#FF0000]EDIT - go figure.. .NOW it won't change the word... [/color] Anybody up for this? Edited July 2, 2012 by AnneLine
PhuturePriest Posted July 2, 2012 Posted July 2, 2012 (edited) [quote name='AnneLine' timestamp='1341268792' post='2451653'] Tis a pain, but nothing we can't live with, right? For now let's turn this into a spiritual project. (Might as well turn this into something useful.).. Perhaps ... everytime we see one of the mucked up philters, we could say a prayer for anyone who might be tempted to hack email accounts and webpages? That way, regardless of what is behind it, we get some value for our frustration. I like to make little devils fall on their uh. asses... [b][color=#008000]<-- [/color][/b][color=#FF0000]EDIT - go figure.. .NOW it won't change the word... [/color] Anybody up for this? [/quote] Hm... Ass... Yep, it's inconsistent. Edited July 2, 2012 by FuturePriest387
Lil Red Posted July 2, 2012 Posted July 2, 2012 no- dUSt took ass out of the philter, because it seemed like it was doing most of the screwing up.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now