missionseeker Posted April 11, 2013 Posted April 11, 2013 I tried plopping this morning. Not sure how I feel about it...
Lil Red Posted April 11, 2013 Author Posted April 11, 2013 (edited) I tried plopping this morning. Not sure how I feel about it... hahaha me too! edit: pics. My hair is dry, but franny says that's because I should have used oil + light mousse on my wet head instead of spray leave-in conditioner, and then oil after I plopped. Edited April 11, 2013 by Lil Red
IcePrincessKRS Posted April 11, 2013 Posted April 11, 2013 I was going to but then I went on a walk with my kids and didn't get home till dinner time... :|
Guest Raz Posted April 11, 2013 Posted April 11, 2013 Seriously though, Cross CuT is right. Friction, sure, but surfactants, hardcore. also
IcePrincessKRS Posted April 11, 2013 Posted April 11, 2013 Seriously though, Cross CuT is right. Friction, sure, but surfactants, hardcore. :idontknow: I don't need to be told how soap works. I flooping make it.
MissScripture Posted April 11, 2013 Posted April 11, 2013 But why do we need to get everything off? Isn't part of what we wash away with shampoo the natural oils that are there to protect our hair? And don't we end up producing more oils to make up for those stripped away? And further, don't many people use products to imitate what the oils would naturally do if we didn't strip them away? (And for the record, I use shampoo)
MissScripture Posted April 11, 2013 Posted April 11, 2013 No one ever trusts the scientists :idontknow: Or, they have no issue with the science, but don't like what the result does to their hair. Or, they don't trust the company paying the scientists. :rolleyes:
missionseeker Posted April 11, 2013 Posted April 11, 2013 Or, they have no issue with the science, but don't like what the result does to their hair. Or, they don't trust the company paying the scientists. :rolleyes: You tell 'em! :| I just felt that was appropriate.
Guest Raz Posted April 11, 2013 Posted April 11, 2013 (edited) Or, they have no issue with the science, but don't like what the result does to their hair. Or, they don't trust the company paying the scientists. :rolleyes: I agree, pretty much all of the people I know who work on products like shampoo would definitely put harmful things in there if someone paid them to. Everyone has got their price, especially scientists. :idontknow: I don't need to be told how soap works. I flooping make it. O RLY? That's cool, do you make soap at the professional level, or on the at home for funsies level? Either way that's cool! Edited April 11, 2013 by Raz
Basilisa Marie Posted April 11, 2013 Posted April 11, 2013 Okay, I'm too lazy to google - what's plopping?
Lil Red Posted April 11, 2013 Author Posted April 11, 2013 Okay, I'm too lazy to google - what's plopping? I linked it on page 7 I think.
franciscanheart Posted April 11, 2013 Posted April 11, 2013 hahaha me too! edit: pics. My hair is dry, but franny says that's because I should have used oil + light mousse on my wet head instead of spray leave-in conditioner, and then oil after I plopped. Noooooooooo, I said oil + mousse on wet hair going into the plop. Nothing after. NO TOUCHY.
PhuturePriest Posted April 11, 2013 Posted April 11, 2013 Who wants to talk about failures? Here's a fun one: I was but a fourteen year old fetus during this photo. Uncombed, hadn't been washed for God knows how long, it's really just painful too look at, really. You can see the grease just looking at it:
franciscanheart Posted April 11, 2013 Posted April 11, 2013 I was but a fourteen year old fetus during this photo. Uncombed, hadn't been washed for God knows how long, it's really just painful too look at, really. You can see the grease just looking at it: Ha! (Killer shirt.) You have nice hair! I'm glad you wash it with some regularity. ;)
missionseeker Posted April 11, 2013 Posted April 11, 2013 My brother has hair like Harry Stiles.. My mother saw a pic of HS and thought it was my brother. :| Idek...
PhuturePriest Posted April 11, 2013 Posted April 11, 2013 Ha! (Killer shirt.) You have nice hair! I'm glad you wash it with some regularity. ;) Thanks! I really loved classic rock at the time. I still do, I just don't listen to it as much. I love the Saint Benedict cross right over it, though. :P And thanks! That's actually what the lady that cut my hair told me last time. It's really thick and fluffy, and it's super soft. I like it, but it sure is a pain in the Kansas wind. When I walk around town my hair is usually blowing straight back like I'm in an open cockpit of a plane. :hehe: Another hair failure from that general time period (I really liked AC/DC): I like how my hair curls to the center. :P
franciscanheart Posted April 11, 2013 Posted April 11, 2013 I should mention that in the pictures I posted of me with shorter hair, I used absolutely no product post-shower and was still using "typical" shampoo and conditioner. As you were.
missionseeker Posted April 11, 2013 Posted April 11, 2013 Thanks! I really loved classic rock at the time. I still do, I just don't listen to it as much. I love the Saint Benedict cross right over it, though. :P And thanks! That's actually what the lady that cut my hair told me last time. It's really thick and fluffy, and it's super soft. I like it, but it sure is a pain in the Kansas wind. When I walk around town my hair is usually blowing straight back like I'm in an open cockpit of a plane. :hehe: Another hair failure from that general time period (I really liked AC/DC): I like how my hair curls to the center. :P Real windblown hair is no where near as sexy as hollywood makes it seem. lol.
PhuturePriest Posted April 11, 2013 Posted April 11, 2013 Real windblown hair is no where near as sexy as hollywood makes it seem. lol. It's really not. :P Though I like to think of the Gangnam Style video and walk like that for fun. What's worse is as you can see I comb my hair to the side, so the wind sometimes blows it the other way.
PhuturePriest Posted April 11, 2013 Posted April 11, 2013 My brother has hair like Harry Stiles.. My mother saw a pic of HS and thought it was my brother. :| Idek... Harry Styles has nice looking hair, as it resembles mine, thank you very much! And hey, I have Eric Forman hair, so there's nothing to be sad about.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now