An Old School Catholic Message Board

Countdown To My Sister's First Vows!

MissScripture

[quote name='MissScripture' timestamp='1342847623' post='2457482']
So, since my sister obviously doesn't get a maid of honor, like at a regular wedding, she asked me to be the honorary matron of honor. I am thinking I should write a little "speech" for her, and give it to her, even if I don't present it to anyone...but I don't know how to start...
[/quote]

:love: That sounds beautiful, and I am sure she would appreciate it...it might make your job easier gift-wise, with her vow of poverty you may (or may not) be struggling with whether or not to get her a gift. This would be a great gift for her on her special day!

Mary's Margaret

What a lovely idea. I don't know if this will help, but when I write something for someone I imagine talking with them and simply write what comes to my heart as it would in conversation. Then it can be tweeked, if necessary, to suit the situation. I know whatever you write will come from great love and will be a consolation and encouragement for your sister to read when the Life becomes challenging at times. God bless you both on this joyful day!

MissScripture

[quote name='emmaberry' timestamp='1342853538' post='2457493']
:love: That sounds beautiful, and I am sure she would appreciate it...it might make your job easier gift-wise, with her vow of poverty you may (or may not) be struggling with whether or not to get her a gift. This would be a great gift for her on her special day!
[/quote]
I had been struggling with a gift, but then DTA was amesome enough to take a medal to all the razzle dazzle Dominican places she went on her trip to Italy. My sister had told me to give her a spiritual bouquet, which I had sort of done for her graduation (she entered straight out of high school, so she didn't need anything for high school graduation). For that one, I did a 3x5 notecard for every day with a Saint's quote on one side and the prayer we would say for her on the other all that summer as a countdown to her entrance. That was a LOT of work, but she loved it. :love:

[quote name='MissScripture' timestamp='1342847623' post='2457482']
So, since my sister obviously doesn't get a maid of honor, like at a regular wedding, she asked me to be the honorary matron of honor. I am thinking I should write a little "speech" for her, and give it to her, even if I don't present it to anyone...but I don't know how to start...
[/quote]

When SAM professed vows last year-- all of her guests (minus SAM herself) went out to eat that evening and her twin sister got up and made a little speech.
It was nice; we had a private banquet room.

Have a great trip! We really enjoyed it last year--very special, for sure.

MissScripture
:bounce: Getting super excited! I'm mostly packed. I've been working on a speech, which I will most likely just write on some nice stationary and give to my sister. I think that is a win-win situation. :like:

Oh MissScripture, that's a beautiful idea!!!! It will be something she can treasure for many years to come, particularly re-reading it when she renews her vows and makes final vows, Lord willing!

MissScripture

I leave at noon tomorrow on the first leg of the trip! (Heading to my parents' house)
Please pray for all of us, for safety in travels and that my son doesn't teeth anymore on this trip! And please keep the novices in your prayers!

TheresaThoma

[quote name='Lisa' timestamp='1343247311' post='2458809']
Woohoo!!!! If you don't mind sharing, we'd love to see pictures of the wedding day!!!!!
[/quote]
I second this request! (If you don't mind of course)

MissScripture

I will do my best! We are part way to Nashville. So far the trip has gone well. My son did amesome for 10 hours in the car today. And we have 2 priests caravaning with us, so we had Mass at the hotel, today.