An Old School Catholic Message Board

Difficult-to-find Items For Postulancy

OnlySunshine

Strictlyinkblot

In theory the stuff on my list should be easy to get. However, its stupidly difficult to find white, cotton, long sleeved blouses (permanent press if possible) at a decent price. And cotton half-slips.

If anyone is looking for knee length socks its hard to beat www.sockshop.co.uk and they ship worldwide.

First i want to thank you all for your help.I have found out that it is called cross tie and i have found this easy on E bay and order it on very good price.

When i think better it has been easier to just ask sisters but i have been to exited yesterday to think about this right.For me it is important that i have found it and order it.

I do not think that this is something important but It is listed on my postulate outfit and i intend to wear it.Rest of the outfit is is pretty easy to get it at lest here at my town.

I have buy few white simple shirts,some long black skirts and vest.Only what is left is shoes but i i hope so i will fix this soon also.

In theory the stuff on my list should be easy to get. However, its stupidly difficult to find white, cotton, long sleeved blouses (permanent press if possible) at a decent price. And cotton half-slips.

If anyone is looking for knee length socks its hard to beat www.sockshop.co.uk and they ship worldwide.

Though I am hardly active on this site, I couldn't help but notice that one of my old threads was bumped up.  Are you in the UK?  I'll do a target search and see what I can come up with.  Unfortunately, I can't spend much time on it these days, but I understand how difficult it can be to find something.

For cotton half-slips from the UK, try here:

http://www.suzannecharles.co.uk/slips/jd-collection-100-cotton-waist-slip.html

.Rest of the outfit is is pretty easy to get it at lest here at my town.

I have buy few white simple shirts,some long black skirts and vest.Only what is left is shoes but i i hope so i will fix this soon also.

You shop fast!  :like:

I'm finding how out-of-practice I am!  I haven't searched for stuff in a long time and it shows.  I did manage to find a few shirts, though, that ship to UK.

Wrinkle-Resistant Shirt

Wear Anywhere Chambray Shirt

L/S Stretch Rutched Front Blouse

L/S Herringbone Blouse

L/S Straight Collar Oxford Sportshirt

You shop fast!  :like:

It is combination of excaiment and desire to take care of this thinks as soon as possible :) . At least i can take care of this simple stuff like buying a shirts and skirts.Next idem to look for it is nightgown i have totaly forgot about it.

Thanks! I'm not sure if there are any UK candidates on Phatmass, but they are certainly welcome to add to the list. :)

I'll tell you what's crazily hard to find in the UK - long, full length, plain, sensible brown skirts. They seem to be an impossibility to find! 

And yes, I was in the UK, though I am now studying abroad since I decided to do a degree before entering fully into the convent. 

If you do get the list and find suppliers etc, please could you pm me so I could put it up on our website:

The Vocation Operation - http://vocationoperation.blogspot.com 

so that people can find what they need with more ease. Thank-you. 

God bless. x

I'll tell you what's crazily hard to find in the UK - long, full length, plain, sensible brown skirts. They seem to be an impossibility to find! 

And yes, I was in the UK, though I am now studying abroad since I decided to do a degree before entering fully into the convent. 

If you do get the list and find suppliers etc, please could you pm me so I could put it up on our website:

The Vocation Operation - http://vocationoperation.blogspot.com 

so that people can find what they need with more ease. Thank-you. 

God bless. x

You weren't kidding!  I've been looking for a solid hour and have come up with only one skirt and I'm not even sure it's an appropriate length.  I'm trying to find ankle-length but I keep coming up with calf-length which would be OK for shorter women, but not taller.  I'll keep looking.

http://www.bonmarche.co.uk/skirts/ponte-panel-detail-skirt/invt/10661311&bklist=icat,4,shop,shopbyproduct,skirts

For long skirts in the UK I'd recommend Per Una (in M&S). I've just done a cursory search on eBay for full-length Per Una skirts in brown and there seem to be several suitable-looking ones in various sizes. :)

Mater! Where is your list of hard to find items?? It was superb!! I miss seeing you on here as well! I like you, hardly visit here anymore!!