An Old School Catholic Message Board

Chick-fil-a Issue Thing

Annie12

[quote name='beatitude' timestamp='1344012073' post='2462084']
I seriously don't understand the popularity of this chicken place. Back when I ate meat, I used to enjoy Wendy's spicy chicken burgers, but that was about it. Most fast-food chicken doesn't taste all that great unless you slather it in BBQ sauce or something. Am I really the only person round here who is immune to its lure?

/vegetarian gatecrash
[/quote] Yup. It's just you. :|

Just kidding, I'm definitely more of a beef kind of person. But chicken has it's moments, I guess.

franciscanheart

I don't like beef. Or pork. But chicken: :drool: I'll eat chicken. And turkey. And FISH. (Hush your mouths.)

I hope that girl got a huge bonus from Chick-fil-a for making their company look so darn good. With how viral that video went, if she blew up in his face she could have cost the company huge dollars from all the people seeing a bad employee at Chik-fil-a. Instead she won major major advertising points with sticking it and acting like a saint.

Also... she should sue for him posting a video of her without her permission. She even said in the video that she was uncomfortable with him recording her and he continued to do so. I'm pretty darn sure that's illegal.

[quote name='Slappo' timestamp='1344017425' post='2462189']
Also... she should sue for him posting a video of her without her permission. She even said in the video that she was uncomfortable with him recording her and he continued to do so. I'm pretty darn sure that's illegal.
[/quote]

Not necessarily. He was in his car, which was on their property, but he wasn't outside it, so it becomes a rather grey area (at least in my opinion). Plus it would depend if the state was a one or two party consent state; if it's a one party consent state then only one party has to consent to the recording of a conversation.

Now if it was against Chick Fil-A's corporate policy, they could ask him to leave, and if he refused, call the cops for trespassing. Wal-Mart has a policy against bringing camcorders into their store for instance and when people refuse to leave, that's exactly what happens. Ditto with people retail outlets ban from their store and fill out the proper paperwork with the police and local government.

Was he being a word the Philter would change? Absolutely.

fides' Jack

Wow - if I could and lived anywhere near Tucson, I'd go visit that store and give a big tip to the girl for acting with such grace and responding as politely as she did, ultimately in front of millions of viewers. She deserves a [i]big[/i] raise. God bless her!

[quote name='Amppax' timestamp='1344022682' post='2462269']
Anyone been there today? How's the counter-protest going?
[/quote]

Ours is closed, still, for summer, but I did read this in the morning:
[url="http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2012/08/chick-fil-a-kiss-hate-graffiti-vandalized.html"]Chick Fil-A 'Kiss Day' marred by "Tastes Like Hate" Grafitti[/url]

MissScripture

[quote name='IcePrincessKRS' timestamp='1344015358' post='2462158']
Hush your mouths. Chicken is juicy and delicious.
[/quote]
I didn't like chicken...and then I ate Chick-Fil-A. That stuff ain't just chicken! It's pure amesome in a sandwich! And the lemonade! How I miss the lemonade!

franciscanheart

[quote name='MissScripture' timestamp='1344025732' post='2462319']
I didn't like chicken...and then I ate Chick-Fil-A. That stuff ain't just chicken! It's pure amesome in a sandwich! And the lemonade! How I miss the lemonade!
[/quote]
Dude. Recipe:

2 cups water
1 pound sugar
2 fresh lemons

Bring water to a boil in large saucepan. Slowly mix in sugar until well dissolved. Squeeze in lemon juice.

TADA!

:|

[quote name='franciscanheart' timestamp='1344025673' post='2462317']
I forgot it was gay day at CFA! :o
[/quote]

I assure you that you're not half as shocked as my friend was when he, his wife, and his two young kids went to Disney and it was Gay Days. :|

MissScripture

[quote name='franciscanheart' timestamp='1344025828' post='2462324']
Dude. Recipe:

2 cups water
1 pound sugar
2 fresh lemons

Bring water to a boil in large saucepan. Slowly mix in sugar until well dissolved. Squeeze in lemon juice.

TADA!

:|
[/quote]
Lemons are really expensive, here. :|