An Old School Catholic Message Board

Sheiscatholic From Youtube Entering Dsmme

emmaberry101

I wonder if she will enter with Lisa? I am not aware of Lisa's entrance date, but that would be so exciting!

Pax_et bonum

[quote name='IgnatiusofLoyola' timestamp='1344216010' post='2463224']
Because some of you are discerning with the DSMME's or have been to their retreats, I had a question about something I just ran across. The mention of the DSMME's made me look at their Web site. On the Community's National Expansion map, they have a yellow dot in Northern Indiana listed as "Interim housing for formation." Anyone know anything about this. I don't have an personal need for this info--just curious.
[/quote]

[url="http://www.todayscatholicnews.org/2012/03/st-felix-oratory-blessed-dominican-sisters-of-mary-welcomed/"]Here's an article[/url] in our diocesan paper about it. Our bishop is amesome and really knows the significance of having religious in our diocese.

“Our over-riding concern for our community, at this point in time, is moving forward with the building of a priory in Texas,” said Mother Assumpta. “Once the Texas priory is built, we will be able to move the sisters there.”
In the meantime, the St. Felix facility will be used for the formation of the sisters. Mother Assumpta noted she expects about 25 sisters will be locating to St. Felix in the fall.

[quote name='emmaberry' timestamp='1344219230' post='2463264']
I wonder if she will enter with Lisa? I am not aware of Lisa's entrance date, but that would be so exciting!
[/quote]

Yes, they have one big postulant entrance each year, so they will be entering together on August 28th if I'm not mistaken.

Edited by Pax_et bonum

IgnatiusofLoyola

Based on the article linked above (and copied again below), in the fall the DSMME's will be moving about 25 women to the St. Felix Oratory in Huntington, IN. According to Mother Assumpta, the women will be novices (and, I assume some more senior Sisters will be among the 25). Wouldn't it be ironic if SheISCatholic's younger sister ended up moving to Huntington when SheIsCatholic, as an aspirant/postulant lived in Ann Arbor?

Does anyone know the new religious name of SheIsCatholic's younger sister? I think her given name is Anna (someone correct me if I'm wrong). There are a couple of videos in which the two sisters both appear and it seems as if their personalities are very different. An excellent illustration that there isn't just one type of personality that is drawn to religious life.

In case anyone missed the link above to the article on the new location for roughly 25 DSMME novices, here it is. (Let's hope I get THIS link right.) :joecool:

[url="http://www.todayscatholicnews.org/2012/03/st-felix-oratory-blessed-dominican-sisters-of-mary-welcomed/"][color="#888888"]Here's the article[/color][/url]

[color=#222222][font=Helvetica Neue', Arial, Verdana, sans-serif][size=4][background=rgb(255, 255, 255)][quote name='Lisa' timestamp='1344301483' post='2463692']
SheIsCatholic's sister's new name is Sister Incarnata. Check out the SheIsCatholic facebook page for some pictures!!
[/quote]
I have never heard that name before..how beautiful. I cannot find the facebook page. What is the title of the page?[/background][/size][/font][/color]

[quote name='IgnatiusofLoyola' timestamp='1344300224' post='2463675']
..it seems as if their personalities are very different. An excellent illustration that there isn't just one type of personality that is drawn to religious life.
[/quote]
Good point! They obviously represents two sides of the coin, and both are drawn to the same community!

I have to admit, I am guilty of watching SheIsCatholic's videos and thinking, "I bet she has discerned religious life." Then I thought, "But she is so lively, she probably won't be a religious." Shows how much I know about sisters!! Understandably, I was so excited when she said she was entering the Dominicans!

Edited by emmaberry

ToJesusMyHeart

[quote name='emmaberry' timestamp='1344309104' post='2463789']

I have never heard that name before..how beautiful. I cannot find the facebook page. What is the title of the page?

[/quote]

[url="http://www.facebook.com/SheisCatholic"]http://www.facebook.com/SheisCatholic[/url] :)

Kylie Spinelli

How amesome would it be to enter there and be a sister with SheIsCatholic? She's like, one of the most famous CatholicVloggers I know! Haha
Just a thought.

My first thought when I saw this was "CALLED IT!" I had an inkling we'd hear she was gonna enter religious life someday. And how amesome that she and her sister will be in the same community!

[quote name='Kylie Spinelli' timestamp='1344430908' post='2464456']
How amesome would it be to enter there and be a sister with SheIsCatholic? She's like, one of the most famous CatholicVloggers I know! Haha
Just a thought.
[/quote]

All my future sisters are razzle dazzle :)

I do, but I'd rather not post them publicly until the Sisters do. It's obviously not secret, as the family and friends have already posted FB albums and such from vows, but even still, I wouldn't feel comfortable. I'll pm you!

• 2 weeks later...

Wanted to post this new video concerning vocation from SheIsCatholic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAnbrPkOSx4&feature=g-all-u

I do wish she hadn't chosen that song at the end, but she probably did not know its context or the tragic story of the Sister who sang it. Disclaimer over!