arfink Posted August 8, 2012 Posted August 8, 2012 On the advice of Brianthephysicist I have decided it would be super razzle dazzle to host some kind of PM hangout in Minnesota. I have no idea if anyone is actually interested or what dates to pick or anything, but right now I am thinking some time in the winter would be nice. I was going to say autumn, but everyone seems to get super busy that time of year.
ConfusedCatholicGuy Posted August 8, 2012 Posted August 8, 2012 I would be down and I know that I will be around.
Slappo Posted August 8, 2012 Posted August 8, 2012 Weekend of January 18th-20th would work best for me as I'll actually be in WI area and might be able to come. Would be 4hrs from twin cities. Otherwise i won't make it, but don't plan around me .
Spem in alium Posted August 8, 2012 Posted August 8, 2012 (edited) Why yes, that would be super, beyond amesome razzle dazzle! I'm going to be flying from Australia to Minnesota in exactly two weeks' time. If you were going to make it in autumn or winter, at this point I'm available every weekend between August 27 and December 23. Edited August 8, 2012 by Spem in alium
MIKolbe Posted August 8, 2012 Posted August 8, 2012 Winter in MN? Lol You just need people to shovel snow, doncha?
arfink Posted August 8, 2012 Author Posted August 8, 2012 [quote name='MIkolbe' timestamp='1344428936' post='2464451'] Winter in MN? Lol You just need people to shovel snow, doncha? [/quote] If this winter turns out like last years winter we won't have hardly any snow. Well, by our standards.
PhuturePriest Posted August 8, 2012 Posted August 8, 2012 [quote name='arfink' timestamp='1344434811' post='2464474'] If this winter turns out like last years winter we won't have hardly any snow. Well, by our standards. [/quote] Last winter it snowed once and we probably didn't even have half an inch. This is less than usual, but in most winters we usually only have snow "storms" like that. What is hardly any snow by your standards?
arfink Posted August 8, 2012 Author Posted August 8, 2012 [quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1344435249' post='2464477'] Last winter it snowed once and we probably didn't even have half an inch. This is less than usual, but in most winters we usually only have snow "storms" like that. What is hardly any snow by your standards? [/quote] Well, we had plenty of snowfalls under 5 inches, and then it'd all melt before we got more. We only had a serious foot on the ground just barely in time for Christmas, and that's all we got until late January. It stinks when you don't get more snow all the time, because then it just sits there on the side of the road and gets totally gross looking.
PhuturePriest Posted August 8, 2012 Posted August 8, 2012 [quote name='arfink' timestamp='1344435420' post='2464479'] Well, we had plenty of snowfalls under 5 inches, and then it'd all melt before we got more. We only had a serious foot on the ground just barely in time for Christmas, and that's all we got until late January. It stinks when you don't get more snow all the time, because then it just sits there on the side of the road and gets totally gross looking. [/quote] That's usually how it goes here. We have never had a lasting snow since I was born. It always snows once and then melts after a few days. I haven't even had the experience of a white Christmas before.
homeschoolmom Posted August 8, 2012 Posted August 8, 2012 [quote name='arfink' timestamp='1344434811' post='2464474'] If this winter turns out like last years winter we won't have hardly any snow. Well, by our standards. [/quote] Do you really think we are going to have another winter like last year? I think we are going to get snowfall for both winters. We're doomed.
brianthephysicist Posted August 8, 2012 Posted August 8, 2012 Which airports are closest to you? Or maybe I should ask, which airports would you be willing to pick people up from?
arfink Posted August 8, 2012 Author Posted August 8, 2012 [quote name='homeschoolmom' timestamp='1344436763' post='2464488'] Do you really think we are going to have another winter like last year? I think we are going to get snowfall for both winters. We're doomed. [/quote] You're probably right. But hey, what better way to spend the Snowpocalypse than with razzle dazzle imported Phatmass people? [quote name='brianthephysicist' timestamp='1344436813' post='2464490'] Which airports are closest to you? Or maybe I should ask, which airports would you be willing to pick people up from? [/quote] MSP is probably the best choice on both counts. [quote name='MIkolbe' timestamp='1344437436' post='2464493'] So... MN it is? [/quote] Sure. I don't know a date yet, but something tells me we might chose a time in December now.
PadrePioOfPietrelcino Posted August 8, 2012 Posted August 8, 2012 While it is too early for me to commit, I would LOVE to finally do a hangout. Where ever is fine with me.
arfink Posted August 8, 2012 Author Posted August 8, 2012 Aww, come on Lil Red, when it's cold outside you could wear this: [img]http://nyan-cat.com/images/adorable-nyan-cat-hat-large.jpg[/img]
Lil Red Posted August 8, 2012 Posted August 8, 2012 [quote name='arfink' timestamp='1344445303' post='2464541'] Aww, come on Lil Red, when it's cold outside you could wear this: [img]http://nyan-cat.com/images/adorable-nyan-cat-hat-large.jpg[/img][/quote] then i'd have to punch myself in the face for looking like a coppery posser
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now