Tally Marx Posted August 8, 2012 Posted August 8, 2012 (edited) [quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1344456779' post='2464639'] I'm actually almost sixteen, and yes I do drive. I said everyone should be going slow. But according to Arfink ice on the highways is not much of a problem since they usually put tons of salt on the highways. [/quote] Have you ever driven in the south in the summer? And salt on the road won't work once the temperature is under 17 degress, nor does it increase visibility, and most people going up there would be on the interstate, not a highway. And it certainly doesn't help airplanes. ....I am just having fun with you, you know. Edited August 8, 2012 by Tally Marx
xTrishaxLynnx Posted August 8, 2012 Posted August 8, 2012 [quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1344442077' post='2464523'] Minnesota in December? ugh, no thank you. [/quote] Come onnnn, pwease?
Slappo Posted August 8, 2012 Posted August 8, 2012 [quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1344455949' post='2464633'] generally everyone is going slow,. [/quote] [quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1344456779' post='2464639'] I said everyone should be going slow.[/quote] [img]http://freakoutnation.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Orly.jpg?5f37dd[/img]
IcePrincessKRS Posted August 8, 2012 Posted August 8, 2012 I'm not going anywhere north of the Mason-Dixon line in December. Just kidding.... we'll probably retire up north knowing my husband. Still, I kind of think December is a bad idea to plan trips like that. Holiday season and all. Lots of people have tighter budgets at that time of year.
arfink Posted August 9, 2012 Author Posted August 9, 2012 Well, maybe December is an officially bad idea. When else would work for people? I'd considered doing something in the fall here, but people are always busy because of school starting up and also it's kinda short notice. Would anybody be willing/able to do October? Or should I be looking at the spring? And competing with Pitt. Lol.
ardillacid Posted August 9, 2012 Posted August 9, 2012 [quote name='IcePrincessKRS' timestamp='1344464112' post='2464690'] Just kidding.... we'll probably retire up north knowing my husband. [/quote] Wow, I didn't realize you were so old. [quote name='arfink' timestamp='1344480041' post='2464804'] Well, maybe December is an officially bad idea. When else would work for people? I'd considered doing something in the fall here, but people are always busy because of school starting up and also it's kinda short notice. Would anybody be willing/able to do October? Or should I be looking at the spring? And competing with Pitt. Lol. [/quote]I didn't think we were having another Pitt meetup. I thought the next one was at Papist's house.
IcePrincessKRS Posted August 9, 2012 Posted August 9, 2012 [quote name='ardillacid' timestamp='1344480365' post='2464808'] Wow, I didn't realize you were so old. [/quote] Older than dirt. But, there's nothing like planning for the future. And by "retire" I mean "retire from the military" (which could be in 5 years or in 15) not "retire from working altogether." [quote]I didn't think we were having another Pitt meetup. I thought the next one was at Papist's house. [/quote] Neither did I...
arfink Posted August 9, 2012 Author Posted August 9, 2012 [quote name='IcePrincessKRS' timestamp='1344480919' post='2464815'] Older than dirt. But, there's nothing like planning for the future. And by "retire" I mean "retire from the military" (which could be in 5 years or in 15) not "retire from working altogether." Neither did I... [/quote] O really? Hrm. I need to go read the other threads I see.
IcePrincessKRS Posted August 9, 2012 Posted August 9, 2012 [quote name='arfink' timestamp='1344481009' post='2464817'] O really? Hrm. I need to go read the other threads I see. [/quote] Hasan was being a smartarse.
arfink Posted August 9, 2012 Author Posted August 9, 2012 (edited) I got some very important input. I think I should plan on doing a smaller MN meetup this fall, in October. Pro: Flights are cheaper, snow will not be on the ground. Con: School kids are out of luck. Of course a smaller informal thing would be much easier to plan and have than a 4 day mega party like the one that happened in Pitt. Right now I am looking at the last week of October so we could hang out on Halloween. Edited August 9, 2012 by arfink
homeschoolmom Posted August 9, 2012 Posted August 9, 2012 [quote name='arfink' timestamp='1344552635' post='2465218'] snow will not be on the ground. [/quote] [quote]Right now I am looking at the last week of October so we could hang out on Halloween. [/quote] [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1991_Halloween_blizzard"]Just sayin'.... [/url]
arfink Posted August 9, 2012 Author Posted August 9, 2012 [quote name='homeschoolmom' timestamp='1344553229' post='2465223'] [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1991_Halloween_blizzard"]Just sayin'.... [/url] [/quote] I remember that, it was a blast. We could pick something sooner in the month then...
homeschoolmom Posted August 9, 2012 Posted August 9, 2012 [quote name='arfink' timestamp='1344553593' post='2465226'] I remember that, it was a blast. We could pick something sooner in the month then... [/quote] I'm guessing you didn't have to get to work on Nov. 1.
arfink Posted August 9, 2012 Author Posted August 9, 2012 [quote name='homeschoolmom' timestamp='1344554036' post='2465233'] I'm guessing you didn't have to get to work on Nov. 1. [/quote] Lets see, I would have been... 3?
MissScripture Posted August 9, 2012 Posted August 9, 2012 [quote name='homeschoolmom' timestamp='1344553229' post='2465223'] [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1991_Halloween_blizzard"]Just sayin'.... [/url] [/quote] That's exactly what I thought of, too. That was the day after my sister was born!
xTrishaxLynnx Posted August 10, 2012 Posted August 10, 2012 [quote name='arfink' timestamp='1344552635' post='2465218'] I got some very important input. I think I should plan on doing a smaller MN meetup this fall, in October. Pro: Flights are cheaper, snow will not be on the ground. Con: School kids are out of luck. Of course a smaller informal thing would be much easier to plan and have than a 4 day mega party like the one that happened in Pitt. Right now I am looking at the last week of October so we could hang out on Halloween. [/quote] Buuuuttttt.... I vote for a 4 day mega party. On my birthday, really?
arfink Posted August 10, 2012 Author Posted August 10, 2012 [quote name='xTrishaxLynnx' timestamp='1344557050' post='2465252'] Buuuuttttt.... I vote for a 4 day mega party. On my birthday, really? [/quote] That would rock!
MissyP89 Posted August 10, 2012 Posted August 10, 2012 My birthday is the day after Halloween. Just sayin.
arfink Posted August 10, 2012 Author Posted August 10, 2012 [quote name='xTrishaxLynnx' timestamp='1344557050' post='2465252'] Buuuuttttt.... I vote for a 4 day mega party. On my birthday, really? [/quote] Also, I didn't say no 4 day mega party. We gotta see who wants to come then.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now