franciscanheart Posted August 8, 2012 Posted August 8, 2012 Mark your calendars, phamily; we're having a party: [b]Party in Thanksgiving for dUSt, his family, [/b] [b]and the creation of us -- the Phatmass Pham[/b] [b]Dallas, Texas -- September 2013[/b] Activities will include (but are not limited to): Taco Picnic (weather-permitting) Mass & Adoration Divine Mercy Chaplet I haven't even run this by the boss yet, but that's okay. This is really just to let you know that if you'd like to attend, you should probably start saving and planning NOW. You've got a little under one year. Who's in?
Slappo Posted August 8, 2012 Posted August 8, 2012 (edited) Derp... I read party in Thanksgiving and thought we were talking about the holiday... I was all "... Fran... Thanksgiving is not in July... even in Texas..." Edited August 8, 2012 by Slappo
Lil Red Posted August 8, 2012 Posted August 8, 2012 [quote name='IcePrincessKRS' timestamp='1344450062' post='2464574'] No promises, but I want to be there. [/quote] ditto. i'll start saving the little bit of money that i can out of each paycheck.
homeschoolmom Posted August 8, 2012 Posted August 8, 2012 [quote name='franciscanheart' timestamp='1344449803' post='2464571'] Mark your calendars, phamily; we're having a party: [b]Party in Thanksgiving for dUSt, his family, [/b] [b]and the creation of us -- the Phatmass Pham[/b] [b]Dallas, Texas -- July 2013[/b] Activities will include (but are not limited to): Taco Picnic (weather-permitting) Mass & Adoration Divine Mercy Chaplet I haven't even run this by the boss yet, but that's okay. This is really just to let you know that if you'd like to attend, you should probably start saving and planning NOW. You've got a little under one year. Who's in? [/quote] Dallas in July? And people are complaining about Minnesota in December....
Lil Red Posted August 8, 2012 Posted August 8, 2012 [quote name='homeschoolmom' timestamp='1344451268' post='2464596'] Dallas in July? And people are complaining about Minnesota in December.... [/quote] true, but at least dUSt should be at this one.
franciscanheart Posted August 8, 2012 Author Posted August 8, 2012 [quote name='homeschoolmom' timestamp='1344451268' post='2464596'] Dallas in July? And people are complaining about Minnesota in December.... [/quote] Better than August! Besides, this year has been MUCH better than last year, and hopefully next year will be even better. We haven't seen anything over 108 yet, and we're already a quarter of the way through August!
cmaD2006 Posted August 8, 2012 Posted August 8, 2012 I suspect it's a no ... July will probably be the month that I will schedule a 30 day retreat next year. That's required for the program I'm doing. Now on an aside ... there's always a chance I need to go out to Dallas for work. So that having been said I can always send out a "cma's on her way to Dallas" and see who wants to get together.
franciscanheart Posted August 8, 2012 Author Posted August 8, 2012 [quote name='cmariadiaz' timestamp='1344456419' post='2464637'] I suspect it's a no ... July will probably be the month that I will schedule a 30 day retreat next year. That's required for the program I'm doing. Now on an aside ... there's always a chance I need to go out to Dallas for work. So that having been said I can always send out a "cma's on her way to Dallas" and see who wants to get together. [/quote] Do it! If dUSt is in Dallas, I'll beg him to come hang out with us.
cmaD2006 Posted August 8, 2012 Posted August 8, 2012 you're a meanie, dUSt. And I really mean that in the nicest way possible
sixpence Posted August 8, 2012 Posted August 8, 2012 I might be in panic mode try to finish my degree then..but we'll see
MIKolbe Posted August 8, 2012 Posted August 8, 2012 Any flexibility on the date? Summer is a pretty expensive time for airfare...
franciscanheart Posted August 8, 2012 Author Posted August 8, 2012 [quote name='MIkolbe' timestamp='1344460537' post='2464671'] Any flexibility on the date? Summer is a pretty expensive time for airfare... [/quote] I'll talk to the boss about when he'll be around. But I'd really love to see us rally right around the time the phorum started. dUSt "became a member" of the community on July 1, 2003. I'd love to have people together on that day. Details will come. Plan on summer 2013, though -- for now.
MIKolbe Posted August 8, 2012 Posted August 8, 2012 razzle dazzle. Check with the boss and get back with me. If people who would have to fly could save $50-$100 by a date change, it might be behooving to entertain. Friends are more important than some random date. But then I may be odd.
franciscanheart Posted August 8, 2012 Author Posted August 8, 2012 [quote name='MIkolbe' timestamp='1344463493' post='2464686'] razzle dazzle. Check with the boss and get back with me. If people who would have to fly could save $50-$100 by a date change, it might be behooving to entertain. Friends are more important than some random date. But then I may be odd. [/quote] You are. If $50-$100 is enough to keep people away from a rocking ten year anniversary party with dUSt, well, maybe they shouldn't come. But then, I also wouldn't mind taking dUSt and his family out for dinner and drinks (where appropriate) on the PM anniversary and having you losers down later in the year when the weather is nicer (maybe during the State fair) and flights are cheaper.
IcePrincessKRS Posted August 8, 2012 Posted August 8, 2012 [quote name='franciscanheart' timestamp='1344465112' post='2464695'] You are. If $50-$100 is enough to keep people away from a rocking ten year anniversary party with dUSt, well, maybe they shouldn't come. But then, I also wouldn't mind taking dUSt and his family out for dinner and drinks (where appropriate) on the PM anniversary and having you losers down later in the year when the weather is nicer (maybe during the State fair) and flights are cheaper. [/quote] The State Fair might actually be an amesome time to go. I mean,[i] fair food.[/i] Need I say more?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now