Amppax Posted August 9, 2012 Posted August 9, 2012 [quote name='MissyP89' timestamp='1344451242' post='2464595'] I've always wanted to go to Texas... [/quote] Why?
Lil Red Posted August 9, 2012 Posted August 9, 2012 i've been to Dallas before. it's okay. of course, i was just hanging out with dUSt and p5c, and not franny, so that might make the difference.
franciscanheart Posted August 10, 2012 Author Posted August 10, 2012 [quote name='IcePrincessKRS' timestamp='1344552717' post='2465219'] I dunno... but with a new baby on the way I can see Mrs. Dust putting the kibosh on that one reeeeaaal fast. [/quote] I can see the kibosh on that anyway. [quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1344556204' post='2465246'] i've been to Dallas before. it's okay. of course, i was just hanging out with dUSt and p5c, and not franny, so that might make the difference. [/quote] I still cannot believe you came here and didn't see me.
Lil Red Posted August 10, 2012 Posted August 10, 2012 [quote name='franciscanheart' timestamp='1344558907' post='2465279'] I can see the kibosh on that anyway. I still cannot believe you came here and didn't see me. [/quote] IT'S NOT MY FAULT, WOMAN! [quote name='franciscanheart' timestamp='1344552125' post='2465209']So yeah: my house is basically off-limits. [/quote] not razzle dazzle franny, not razzle dazzle.
brianthephysicist Posted August 10, 2012 Posted August 10, 2012 I hope we can figure out something with housing. I have a decent chance of being able to save up for the plane ticket, but there's no way I'd be able to swing that and the hotel.
Lil Red Posted August 10, 2012 Posted August 10, 2012 [quote name='brianthephysicist' timestamp='1344560844' post='2465293'] I hope we can figure out something with housing. I have a decent chance of being able to save up for the plane ticket, but there's no way I'd be able to swing that and the hotel. [/quote] what about one of those bundle deals? like expedia or something?
IcePrincessKRS Posted August 10, 2012 Posted August 10, 2012 [quote name='franciscanheart' timestamp='1344552125' post='2465209'] So yeah: my house is basically off-limits [/quote] Shoot down all my plans why don't you.
brianthephysicist Posted August 10, 2012 Posted August 10, 2012 [quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1344563365' post='2465315'] what about one of those bundle deals? like expedia or something? [/quote] Maybe. It also might help if I could find other guys to split the bill with. It's still a ways off, so there's a lot to look into yet.
FutureCarmeliteClaire Posted August 10, 2012 Posted August 10, 2012 [quote name='IcePrincessKRS' timestamp='1344540069' post='2465141'] In general I'm in favor of the 18/21+ rule just because of chaperoning and liabilities (you know, for staying in someone's home or bar tours). But if we had a gathering in a public place like a state fair and some younger members in the area came, say, with parents, I wouldn't be opposed to that. I'm sure if there was a weekend planned in the DFW area there could be a time or day where we "opened" it to younger members. Like, Fair Day, come one come all. Next day, check out all Dust's favorite seedy bars and taco joints, 18/21+. [/quote] My dad would totally take me. He has an account on the phorum, but never uses it.
franciscanheart Posted August 10, 2012 Author Posted August 10, 2012 [quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1344559247' post='2465285'] IT'S NOT MY FAULT, WOMAN! [/quote] Oh right, I forgot we were blaming dUSt. [quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1344559247' post='2465285'] not razzle dazzle franny, not razzle dazzle. [/quote] [size=2]You can stay with me.[/size] [quote name='IcePrincessKRS' timestamp='1344563637' post='2465320'] Shoot down all my plans why don't you. [/quote] [size=2]You can stay with me, too.[/size] [quote name='brianthephysicist' timestamp='1344607163' post='2465470'] Maybe. It also might help if I could find other guys to split the bill with. It's still a ways off, so there's a lot to look into yet. [/quote] I kinda figured people would go in on rooms. If we get enough at one hotel, we could probably negotiate a rate. I have two problems with people at my house (that are reasonable and that I'll mention): 1. I have a roommate. She is not Catholic. She would not be thrilled with a bunch of people sleeping on our floors. 2. Our condo is small. With all of our furniture and gadgets, there's barely enough room for the two of us to live comfortably. You can imagine how ridiculous it would get with twelve people.
got2luvjc Posted August 10, 2012 Posted August 10, 2012 If ppl shared hotel rooms it would be a reasonable fee. Though us long-distance flyers might be strapped for cash after the airfare... i have family in TX so Id stay with them.
LinaSt.Cecilia2772 Posted August 11, 2012 Posted August 11, 2012 I would be willing to go to this if I had a car by then. I live in Austin, so it's not too far of a drive. And I'll be 18 by then as well. not positive though, depends on if I will be out of the country or not.
IcePrincessKRS Posted August 11, 2012 Posted August 11, 2012 [quote name='FutureCarmeliteClaire' timestamp='1344608559' post='2465476'] My dad would totally take me. He has an account on the phorum, but never uses it. [/quote] That right there is the ideal situation for younger phamily members.
Amppax Posted August 11, 2012 Posted August 11, 2012 Y'all are wimps. If I'm there I'm just sleeping on a park bench. Doing my best impression of Hasan on a Monday morning.
brianthephysicist Posted August 11, 2012 Posted August 11, 2012 [quote name='Amppax' timestamp='1344661752' post='2465925'] Y'all are wimps. If I'm there I'm just sleeping on a park bench. Doing my best impression of Hasan on a Monday morning. [/quote] Made me think of Aqualung. Hasan, did Jethro Tull write a song about you?
Seven77 Posted August 11, 2012 Posted August 11, 2012 [quote name='franciscanheart' timestamp='1344449803' post='2464571'] Mark your calendars, phamily; we're having a party: [b]Party in Thanksgiving for dUSt, his family, [/b] [b]and the creation of us -- the Phatmass Pham[/b] [b]Dallas, Texas -- July 2013[/b] Activities will include (but are not limited to): Taco Picnic (weather-permitting) Mass & Adoration Divine Mercy Chaplet I haven't even run this by the boss yet, but that's okay. This is really just to let you know that if you'd like to attend, you should probably start saving and planning NOW. You've got a little under one year. Who's in? [/quote] I'm down, if it'll relocate to a better spot.
franciscanheart Posted August 13, 2012 Author Posted August 13, 2012 [quote name='Seven77' timestamp='1344728495' post='2466258'] I'm down, if it'll relocate to a better spot. [/quote] Sorry, Seven, it's definitely in Dallas. There may be another gathering happening elsewhere in the country, but this one will definitely be happening in Dallas. This is Phatmass Headquarters, and this is where it shall be. (The dates, however, may change.)
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now