DiscerningCatholic Posted January 8, 2013 Posted January 8, 2013 I couldn't go...when would it be? I'm 16 and no way would my parents be willing to take me. :pinch: ALRIGHT HOLD IT I MIGHT BE WITH MY DSMME NEXT SEPTEMBER WE'LL SEE BUT PROBABLY. :nun:
BG45 Posted January 8, 2013 Posted January 8, 2013 Wish I could, but can't. Though I will be in Dallas in March.
arfink Posted January 8, 2013 Posted January 8, 2013 I'm saving for a different trip in the coming year, so I cannot come pretty much for sure.
Lil Red Posted January 8, 2013 Posted January 8, 2013 I think we should put it to a vote. Considering that dUSt has a full house and I have a tiny one, people are going to have to provide their own accommodations while in Dallas/Ft Worth. I can certainly point you to good locations and I can even set up a group rate (used to work for one of the top two hotel chains). So, for those of you who are actually able and wanting to come (even if you're not 100%; especially those of you who are dependent upon certain times of year), what would you prefer: Summer or Fall? We're talking either late July or late September. Some considerations: JULY July is hot in Texas. It is, on average, our warmest month. I would bet on upper 90s, low 100s. It's hot, but it isn't unbearable. This is the anniversary month of the IPB board, the one the majority of us know and love. If you're starting to save now, you have 6 months to come up with funds.SEPTEMBER The State Fair of Texas happens in September. Check out some fun facts here: http://www.bigtex.com/sft/sponsors/whatmakesusunique.asp September is still hot in Texas, but usually less miserable than July. Average temps are still 88-94ish. If you're starting to save now, you have 8-9 months to come up with funds. I can't think of any other general pros/cons. I still vote September. And we should have a mini-birthday party for me :|
franciscanheart Posted January 8, 2013 Author Posted January 8, 2013 I still vote September. And we should have a mini-birthday party for me :| You get to Dallas and we will celebrate your birthday, fh style. ;)
cartermia Posted January 9, 2013 Posted January 9, 2013 there needs to be something in the good ole' state of Kentucky. Anybody from Kentucky or in the area?
PhuturePriest Posted January 9, 2013 Posted January 9, 2013 I still vote September. And we should have a mini-birthday party for me :| I told you before in my last post: I will come and sing 16 Going On 17 for you.
FutureCarmeliteClaire Posted January 9, 2013 Posted January 9, 2013 Mom said we can think about it. Definitely September not July.
PhuturePriest Posted January 9, 2013 Posted January 9, 2013 I vote that it begins in the evening of November fourth and then ends on the fifth of November. We can have fireworks and play with guns at midnight. The guns will be easy to find because it's Texas and it will be easy to access at least a few high-powered rifles. I also vote for Napoleon-age twelve pound cannons and howitzers, if we can find them in time.
franciscanheart Posted January 9, 2013 Author Posted January 9, 2013 Sounds like September is going to work out better for everyone. I like the idea of September very much, so let's say September. Someone bug Miko to get back over here and confirm he can come in a bit early to hang with us.Lil Red: Looks like you'll be having a birthday celebration in Dallas!!Ice: I really hope you can make it, too.
PadrePioOfPietrelcino Posted January 9, 2013 Posted January 9, 2013 I would like to be put into the maybe category for now...my availability will depend upon if and where I am accepted to Seminary, AND what the seminary schedule ends up being. On a side not are their any KOA, County/ State parks locally around Dallas at all? I would think if space is an issue camping might b an option...
AnneLine Posted January 9, 2013 Posted January 9, 2013 (edited) Probably can't do either of those dates; slight possiblity for sometime in Jan or Feb 2014.... have to be there for a different reason, but dates are still up in the air.... And seriously, I think the info about camping that Padre Pio asked for really would be helpful, because that might be do-able for some PMers.... or is there a Church Basement people could crash in or something? Grounds of the Dallas Carmel? Anything? Edited January 9, 2013 by AnneLine
MIKolbe Posted January 9, 2013 Posted January 9, 2013 i am in Dallas 9/25-9/27.... a few days before or after this would would. someone is gonna have to split the hotel room with me... or else i'll have to sleep in dUSt's bed.
cmaD2006 Posted January 9, 2013 Posted January 9, 2013 September. Although I'm a big maybe. Maybe I can fly in on a Friday and leave on Sunday (I'd have to work). But my budget has been shot due to class and the 30 day retreat. Maybe work will send me to dallas for a few weeks finally????? Then voila, problem solved. It's happened before ...
MissyP89 Posted January 9, 2013 Posted January 9, 2013 I don't think I can do this, honey. (I'm sorry, Red. Stop making that face.) Have summer plans and with a potential move in the near future I'm gonna need all the $$$ I can save right now. Google hangout? <3
franciscanheart Posted January 9, 2013 Author Posted January 9, 2013 i am in Dallas 9/25-9/27.... a few days before or after this would would. someone is gonna have to split the hotel room with me... or else i'll have to sleep in dUSt's bed. I'd maybe see that happening except: I know dUSt's wife. :| WELL HAAYYYY: Looks like dUSt and I will be chillin' with Miko and Red. Sounds like all we need. ;)
ardillacid Posted January 10, 2013 Posted January 10, 2013 You get to Dallas and we will celebrate your birthday, fh style. ;)
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now