arfink Posted August 13, 2012 Author Posted August 13, 2012 (edited) For USAirwaysIHS: [img]https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-nvzYkG8Yy_0/UClal7TZNvI/AAAAAAAACsQ/bfzSLctHkhI/s800/belaard%2520seal%2520finished.JPG[/img] EDIT: ARG, did it again! It's backwards. :/ Well, time for another 10 minutes on the machine. Edited August 13, 2012 by arfink
arfink Posted August 13, 2012 Author Posted August 13, 2012 A few minutes of laser-ing, a few minutes cleaning, and now I have this: [img]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-Id2qlNWBOZA/UClj2-NQcDI/AAAAAAAACs8/vSRuYOT7T10/s800/belaard%2520stamp%2520finished.JPG[/img] Much better!
MIKolbe Posted August 13, 2012 Posted August 13, 2012 I could totally send you some coffee mugs that are squarish and you could laser them. Then use some rub-n-buff (gold or silver) and fill it in. It would look sweet.
Tally Marx Posted August 13, 2012 Posted August 13, 2012 Fink, I have been wanting to close all my letters with a beautiful, unique, avvesome wax seal! ....think you could help me out?
Vincent Vega Posted August 13, 2012 Posted August 13, 2012 [quote name='arfink' timestamp='1344888080' post='2467093'] For USAirwaysIHS: [img]https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-nvzYkG8Yy_0/UClal7TZNvI/AAAAAAAACsQ/bfzSLctHkhI/s800/belaard%2520seal%2520finished.JPG[/img] EDIT: ARG, did it again! It's backwards. :/ Well, time for another 10 minutes on the machine. [/quote] I love it! I'm glad you realized it was backwards yourself...I was trying to think of a gentle way to break it to you.
PhuturePriest Posted August 13, 2012 Posted August 13, 2012 [quote name='USAirwaysIHS' timestamp='1344814082' post='2466607'] Well it doesn't need to be pretty...I'll continue in pm so as to not disrupt the flow of the conversation. [/quote]' Since when has one of your main concerns been not to disrupt the flow of conversations?
Vincent Vega Posted August 13, 2012 Posted August 13, 2012 There's a housemaiden who is fixing to be taught her place...
arfink Posted August 13, 2012 Author Posted August 13, 2012 [quote name='USAirwaysIHS' timestamp='1344891512' post='2467115'] I love it! I'm glad you realized it was backwards yourself...I was trying to think of a gentle way to break it to you. [/quote] Someone else did that for me, you troll! I hope you like the real one.
arfink Posted August 13, 2012 Author Posted August 13, 2012 [quote name='Tally Marx' timestamp='1344891133' post='2467114'] Fink, I have been wanting to close all my letters with a beautiful, unique, avvesome wax seal! ....think you could help me out? [/quote] I think so. These wooden seals are not designed for wax- it would stick rather terribly methinks. I am going to order some plastic so I can do wax seals and for ConfusedCatholicGuy, a signet ring.
ConfusedCatholicGuy Posted August 14, 2012 Posted August 14, 2012 Woot woot, signet ring time is near...ish... ok, it will be a while, but I am still excited!
arfink Posted August 14, 2012 Author Posted August 14, 2012 I've been looking at the prices that places like Ponoko are charging for laser cutting and engraving, and all I can say is HOLY COW. You got one heck of a deal USAirways.
Tally Marx Posted August 14, 2012 Posted August 14, 2012 [quote name='arfink' timestamp='1344895445' post='2467139'] I think so. These wooden seals are not designed for wax- it would stick rather terribly methinks. I am going to order some plastic so I can do wax seals and for ConfusedCatholicGuy, a signet ring. [/quote] I ran out of props, otherwise I would give this one. Just lemme know when you get some, and what you charge.
arfink Posted August 15, 2012 Author Posted August 15, 2012 Here's a little something I did today. My sister found this razzle dazzle tiny flint-glass bottle at work that had flat sides. It's about 1.25" wide by 3" tall and it engraved very nicely with the laser. There was a little distortion from the faces being not quite flat, but otherwise it was quite good. Also, the "grain" of the glass hugely reduces the effective resolution achievable on this surface. Much above 500 DPI is completely useless. [img]https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-NJcH7axt7Rg/UCrfp2ai78I/AAAAAAAACuU/5nsTSG9zl50/s800/IMG_2886.JPG[/img]
ConfusedCatholicGuy Posted August 15, 2012 Posted August 15, 2012 Whoa! That is super razzle dazzle! She should see if she can find any more of those or similar types of glassware. As long as she doesn't get in trouble.
Vincent Vega Posted August 15, 2012 Posted August 15, 2012 In my experience, you can find a lot of stuff like that at flea markets or those big roadside sort of antique shops.
arfink Posted August 15, 2012 Author Posted August 15, 2012 [quote name='USAirwaysIHS' timestamp='1345000979' post='2467748'] In my experience, you can find a lot of stuff like that at flea markets or those big roadside sort of antique shops. [/quote] This. So hey CCG, when we going to axe man to find random croutons to burn in the laser?
ConfusedCatholicGuy Posted August 15, 2012 Posted August 15, 2012 [quote name='arfink' timestamp='1345001306' post='2467752'] This. So hey CCG, when we going to axe man to find random croutons to burn in the laser? [/quote] Soon man, soon. Hopefully when Grant is available too. He's never been, you know.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now