Winchester Posted September 29, 2012 Posted September 29, 2012 And you're not alone. The world is full of people. Everybody is looking for something. Some of them want to use you. Some of them want to get used by you. Some of them want to abuse you. Some of them want to be abused.
brianthephysicist Posted September 29, 2012 Posted September 29, 2012 [quote name='MissScripture' timestamp='1348876372' post='2487775'] Honestly, from the first sentence of your post, it sounds like you think of God as Santa Claus. Just because you ask for something doesn't mean God is going to immediately deliver. He might even say no. Prayer isn't us us demanding God give us what we want. It's about building a relationship with God and while he wants us to tell him the desires of our heart and what our needs are, if we start ordering God around, we won't get too far. Let the Creator of the Universe do his thing. Trust me, he definitely knows better than us. [/quote] Wow. That was amazing. I need to print that out and tape that to my wall. Thank you.
brianthephysicist Posted September 29, 2012 Posted September 29, 2012 [quote name='brianthephysicist' timestamp='1348876351' post='2487774'] I liked a MissyP [/quote] lololololol
OnlySunshine Posted September 29, 2012 Posted September 29, 2012 Trust me, Annie, there is a good reason why God is making you wait. It may seem unfair to you right now, but He DOES know what He's doing. Asking God for something right now and sulking when you don't get it is just going to bring you further away from Him. Put Him in the pilot seat and let Him figure out where you need to be. [center][b]Wait[/b] [i]by Russell Kelfer [/i][/center] [center]Desperately, helplessly, longingly, I cried; Quietly, patiently, lovingly, God replied. I pled and I wept for a clue to my fate . . . And the Master so gently said, "Wait." [/center] [center]"Wait? you say wait?" my indignant reply. "Lord, I need answers, I need to know why! Is your hand shortened? Or have you not heard? By faith I have asked, and I'm claiming your Word. [/center] [center]"My future and all to which I relate Hangs in the balance, and you tell me to wait? I'm needing a 'yes', a go-ahead sign, Or even a 'no' to which I can resign. [/center] [center]"You promised, dear Lord, that if we believe, We need but to ask, and we shall receive. And Lord I've been asking, and this is my cry: I'm weary of asking! I need a reply." [/center] [center]Then quietly, softly, I learned of my fate, As my Master replied again, "Wait." So I slumped in my chair, defeated and taut, And grumbled to God, "So, I'm waiting for what?" [/center] [center]He seemed then to kneel, and His eyes met with mine . . . and He tenderly said, "I could give you a sign. I could shake the heavens and darken the sun. I could raise the dead and cause mountains to run.[/center] [center]"I could give all you seek and pleased you would be. You'd have what you want, but you wouldn't know Me. You'd not know the depth of my love for each saint. You'd not know the power that I give to the faint.[/center] [center]"You'd not learn to see through clouds of despair; You'd not learn to trust just by knowing I'm there. You'd not know the joy of resting in Me When darkness and silence are all you can see.[/center] [center]"You'd never experience the fullness of love When the peace of My spirit descends like a dove. You would know that I give, and I save, for a start, But you'd not know the depth of the beat of My heart.[/center] [center]"The glow of my comfort late into the night, The faith that I give when you walk without sight. The depth that's beyond getting just what you ask From an infinite God who makes what you have last.[/center] [center]"You'd never know, should your pain quickly flee, What it means that My grace is sufficient for thee. Yes, your dearest dreams overnight would come true, But, oh, the loss, if you missed what I'm doing in you.[/center] [center]"So, be silent, my child, and in time you will see That the greatest of gifts is to truly know me. And though oft My answers seem terribly late, My most precious answer of all is still . . . Wait."[/center]
Winchester Posted September 29, 2012 Posted September 29, 2012 [quote name='brianthephysicist' timestamp='1348877809' post='2487786'] Wow. That was amazing. I need to print that out and tape that to my wall. Thank you. [/quote] Forget it, bro. She's married to Dust.
Roamin Catholic Posted September 29, 2012 Posted September 29, 2012 [quote name='brianthephysicist' timestamp='1348877809' post='2487786'] Wow. That was amazing. I need to print that out and tape that to my wall. Thank you. [/quote] And ruin Christmas for everyone that walks into your room? You smell of elderberries
Winchester Posted September 29, 2012 Posted September 29, 2012 [quote name='MissyP89' timestamp='1348878064' post='2487792'] Oh, Johnny. [/quote] [img]http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/250x250/21526552.jpg[/img]
Winchester Posted September 29, 2012 Posted September 29, 2012 [quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1348876584' post='2487777'] i think i agree with the second part. [/quote] [img]http://www.pinupgirlclothing.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/476x698/4c971525e32ff444db0f0150e765d17f/l/m/lm-priss-ny.jpg[/img] Case closed.
Nihil Obstat Posted September 29, 2012 Posted September 29, 2012 [img]http://stonedlizard.com/images/2012/05/26/oh-dog-you-did-it-again.jpg[/img]
Archaeology cat Posted September 29, 2012 Posted September 29, 2012 I have been extremely impatient about many things, and at the time, I sulk and wonder why God isn't making it happen right then. Ad then, later, I realise how much better His timing is. I know it's easier said than done, but don't stress so much. Trust me, I'm impatient right now with my husband not having a job and wondering when we can move, and where, but I know God will take care of it, and that His timing will be perfect.
MIKolbe Posted September 29, 2012 Posted September 29, 2012 As is life, you're stuck with two choices..... Give up. Or don't. Choose wisely.
Anomaly Posted September 29, 2012 Posted September 29, 2012 You probably don't want my advice, although I was the cool brother to four sisters and raised two totally freaking amazing daughters and a husband to a hot wife and living a life of envious of male friends. Advice: chillax, you've got some maturing to do. Hopefully to a nice Cabernet Sauvignon, not a sour MD 2020
MissyP89 Posted September 29, 2012 Posted September 29, 2012 It is OK. You're 18. Your life is full of new things right now. You have a million opportunities at your feet! Explore. Enjoy that college even if it's not where you want to be. Make friends. Join a club. Sit under a tree and read a book. Contemplate life. Dream. A man will come, maybe. But maybe not. Maybe God, in his graciousness, has something better than that Guy, or any guy, for you. Whatever He does have in mind, it's perfect. Right now, focus on you. Be happy. Someone will notice.
Winchester Posted September 29, 2012 Posted September 29, 2012 [quote name='MIkolbe' timestamp='1348880362' post='2487812'] As is life, you're stuck with two choices..... Give up. Or don't. Choose wisely. [/quote] [img]http://blogs.lifeandscience.org/keepers/files/2010/12/knight.gif[/img]
Lil Red Posted September 29, 2012 Posted September 29, 2012 [quote name='Winchester' timestamp='1348878451' post='2487798'] [img]http://www.pinupgirlclothing.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/476x698/4c971525e32ff444db0f0150e765d17f/l/m/lm-priss-ny.jpg[/img] Case closed. [/quote] You always know just the right thing to say
4588686 Posted September 29, 2012 Posted September 29, 2012 [quote name='Winchester' timestamp='1348874653' post='2487757'] Sounds like the dude is gay and probably impotent. You're dodging a bullet. [/quote] You told my ex-girlfriend the same thing. At this point you're just recycling your advice.
Winchester Posted September 29, 2012 Posted September 29, 2012 [quote name='Hasan' timestamp='1348886463' post='2487859'] You told my ex-girlfriend the same thing. At this point you're just recycling your advice. [/quote] There are a lot of gay, impotent dudes. Not my fault.
Jaime Posted September 29, 2012 Posted September 29, 2012 [quote name='MissyP89' timestamp='1348881549' post='2487828'] It is OK. You're 18. Your life is full of new things right now. You have a million opportunities at your feet! Explore. Enjoy that college even if it's not where you want to be. Make friends. Join a club. Sit under a tree and read a book. Contemplate life. Dream. A man will come, maybe. But maybe not. Maybe God, in his graciousness, has something better than that Guy, or any guy, for you. Whatever He does have in mind, it's perfect. Right now, focus on you. Be happy. Someone will notice. [/quote] 18? You're throwing in the towel at 18??? Nihil! It's time for your favorite meme (not my little pony)
4588686 Posted September 29, 2012 Posted September 29, 2012 [quote name='Winchester' timestamp='1348878451' post='2487798'] [img]http://www.pinupgirlclothing.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/476x698/4c971525e32ff444db0f0150e765d17f/l/m/lm-priss-ny.jpg[/img] Case closed. [/quote] Is your sister single?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now