An Old School Catholic Message Board

Why Did Jesus Have To Die?

reyb

Oneness Pentecostals are not Christians, nor are Jehovah's Witnesses. If your Jesus is some being other than the Second Person of the Trinity who was born by the power of the Holy Ghost from the Virgin of Nazareth, then you worship some man's fantasy--not God the Son.

According to wiki (you can see it for yourself).

Oneness Pentecostalism (also known as Apostolic Pentecostalism or Oneness Christianity) refers to the denominations and independent congregations within Pentecostal and Charismatic Christianity which subscribe to the nontrinitarian theological doctrine of Oneness.

Jehovah's Witnesses is a millenialist restorationist Christian denomination with nontrinitarian beliefs distinct from mainstream Christianity.

----------------

May I know why you said ‘Oneness Pentecostals are not Christians, nor are Jehovah's Witnesses.’?

Edited by reyb

Oneness Pentecostals and Jehovah's Witnesses both reject the Trinity. There never has been and never will be such a thing as a non-Trinitarian Christian.

Oneness Pentecostals and Jehovah's Witnesses both reject the Trinity. There never has been and never will be such a thing as a non-Trinitarian Christian.

Therefore,  Wiki is wrong in considering they are 'Christian denominations'. 

Edited by reyb

dairygirl4u2c

i beleive in teh trimity and most major christian beliefs but i dont think u can make a list of what every christian must beleive. everyone's list would be different.

catholics at least have a claim to fame as to why they must be right but really yhey are just one religion on the list

dairygirl4u2c

Jesus is God. (God and man, actually)

I admit I always hesitated to say he's God.. but I hesitated more to say
he's not. and i'm one to give the bible the benefit of the doubt...
so... I go with God...

Romans 9:5 - ...Christ, who is God over all, forever praised! Amen.

Titus 2:13-15 - ...our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ,

Hebrews 1:8 - But about the Son he says, "Your throne, O God, will last for ever and ever"

2 Peter 1:1 - ...the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ"

at the beginning of the book of John... "In the beginning was the Word.
And the Word was with God, and the Word was God. And the Word became
flesh and dwelt among us". Jesus became flesh and dwelt amoung us..
Jesus is the word.

In John, Jesus at one point says "unless you believe that I AM, you will
surely perish in your sins". "before Abraham, I AM:" only God is ever referenced to as I AM,
and Jesus and everyone else knew it.

most biblical arguments for Jesus as God are weak. these are more obscure but powerful verses. enough to make me fall in line

Reyb - nobody can explain because nobody knows what the floopy you are talking about.  Your qeustion has been explained as nauseum but you refuse to acknowledge that.

IMHO you are just playing games.

As I have said in my previous post, you will surely fail to explain it because you just accepted it by faith without any rational explanation. Every teaching in Catholicism is just like that. You have the mystery of Christ’s redemption, the mystery of the Holy Trinity, the mystery of the Eucharist, the mystery of your Church, all your sacraments like Baptism are mysterious and many other doctrines like the Limbo of the Father which now gone, the Limbo of infant and Purgatory which is now hold to be taught to ordinary Catholic member, and last of all with its development still ongoing is the Mariology or Marian Theology or the alliance of the hearts of Jesus and Mary using one or two verses in the scripture as basis for being ‘scriptural’.

To tell you frankly, if you (all of you) can prove to me that Apostle Paul or even a single true prophet of God like Moses and Enoch is a Marian Devotee even today I will kill my neighbor (of course not myself). There is too much idolatry in your Church because even your false teacher Ignatius is not a Marian Devotee.

Nevertheless, if you still do not want to seek the real Jesus Christ that is already your call and not mine. I hope I already got your attention.

Edited by reyb

dairygirl4u2c

this explains "oneness"

""Oneness Pentecostalism is a subset of Pentecostalism
that believes God is only one person, and that he manifests himself in
different ways, faces, or "modes": "Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (or
Holy Ghost) are different designations for the one God. God is the
Father. God is the Holy Spirit. The Son is God manifest in flesh. The
term Son always refers to the Incarnation, and never to deity apart from
humanity."[26]
Oneness Pentecostals believe that Jesus was "Son" only when he became
flesh on earth, but was the Father prior to his being made human. They
refer to the Father as the "Spirit" and the Son as the "Flesh". Oneness
Pentecostals reject the Trinity doctrine, viewing it as pagan and
unscriptural, and hold to the Jesus' Name doctrine with respect to baptisms. Oneness Pentecostals are often referred to as "Modalists" or "Sabellians" or "Jesus Only".

It says in mark at then end to baptize in the name of the father and of teh son and of the holy spirit.

""

Holders of the Jesus' Name doctrine assert that "in the name of Jesus
Christ" is the only valid formula for baptism, and that baptism "in the
name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit" is invalid
because Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are not names but titles.[2] The latter form of baptism being performed by most Christians.

Jesus' Name believers claim the development of baptism "in the name
of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost" is a
post-Apostolic interpolation and corruption. Some claim that the
"Trinitarian" clause in Matthew 28:19 was added to Matthew's text in the 2nd/3rd century.[3] They cite as evidence that no record exists in the New Testament
of someone being baptized with the Trinitarian formula. Other adherents
of the Jesus Name doctrine believe the authenticity of Matthew 28:19,
but believe that the command is correctly fulfilled by baptizing in the
name of Jesus. Such adherents are generally Oneness Pentecostals
who believe that the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit are not to be
regarded as distinct persons in the Godhead, and that the name "Jesus"
is the supreme revelatory name of the one God who is the Father, Son,
and Holy Ghost.[4]"

i guess
it's not w out basis, as ive heard arguments of pasage authenticity before.  i just assume the bible is true. and why not? why nit go with orthodoxy? safeest bet

Edited by dairygirl4u2c

dairygirl4u2c

jesus often refers to teh father as separate from himself. sure he often said they were one too..... but the fact he said they wre separate seems to indicate they are different yet one, trinity.

why not go with what the bibile says? u have to have a really good basis to skip over it. which isnt shown. just preferences etc

yer both nutz

which is why we are both amoung the few, the proud..... "the phishy"

Based on my conversation with Reyb on my "Blessed Mary Again" thread and pending his confirmation or denial, I believe him to be a believer in the heresy of Gnosticism.

Based on my conversation with Reyb on my "Blessed Mary Again" thread and pending his confirmation or denial, I believe him to be a believer in the heresy of Gnosticism.

Good to know someone finally figured it out xD

As to the question asked here: I like what the Eastern Fathers taught. God became man so that man might become God. The East rejects the teachings of Anselm that God the Father needed someone to pay because of his offended honor. Rather, He came to give life where there was once death.

I failed to confirm or deny your allegation because I am sleeping. You are too far to become a true disciple of Christ because you are too easy to judge on something you do not really understand. Do not be like them - these people on Jude 10.  

Do not copy your father Ignatius (I know you are not a Catholic but you are a believer of this historical Jesus) who always shout against other Christians ‘Heresy, Heresy, Heresy’ but failed to realize that he is promoting a ‘Hear-say’ or a ‘rumour’ regarding that ‘the day of the lord has already come’.

Since I am still looking for letters regarding Metatron and Melchizedek, can you please explain to me why Metatron is a demon? (Start a new topic regarding this so that we discuss things in an organize manner) 

And if you still have time in proving to me How Metatron becomes a demon, Can you please explain to me – logically and rationally – Why did Christ have to die? Couldn't God have forgiven sins without this? (Post your answer in this thread)

Edited by reyb

Reyb, respectfuly, and I do mean this, your zeal and sincerity are admirable, but if you cannot plainly state to me what you believe I'm not interested in discussing Sacred things with you. I can neither agree nor disagree with word games and abstractions. I do not state firmly that you are a Gnostic, if you say you are not then I am relieved and will gladly take you at your word, but tedious game playing teasing out by incessantly asking the same question is some Alice-like journey through the looking glass, all it can lead to is confusion and bare-breasted heresy. You have demonstrated that the standard Christian answers to your questions are lacking in some way. Tell us what you believe or be silent--these are serious matters, the person of Christ, Heaven, Hell, holiness, and the life eternal.

Edited by Evangetholic

I already told you what I believe and still you are asking me?

I think you want me to tell you about teachings, sacraments, and rituals like what you are doing in your religious life. Is that what you are asking?

I'm sorry, but if you've affirmed any doctrine I've misread it. Tell me in a nutshell please.

Things like do you believe in the deity of Christ.

The Holy Trinity.

The Atonement.

The Virgin Birth.

The Old Testament canon as accepted by either Protestants, Catholics, or the Orthodox.

The New Testament canon as accepted by all Christians.

Can you assent to these things?