An Old School Catholic Message Board

Why Did Jesus Have To Die?

reyb

If you can, briefly, what do you believe about them.

Reyb believes in reybism.

Maybe you'll have better luck than others who have tried to figure out reybism.

You can see in all my post that I am calling Jesus as my Lord and that is true. He is truly my Lord and my God. He is the Lord of all the Holy Prophet and witnesses of God. He is the Lord of my dear Apostle Paul. He is the Lord of Luke. He is the only Christ of God. Jesus Christ is my Lord and my God and it will be forever.

But the Jesus I am saying is not your historical Jesus because this historical Jesus is just an ‘interpretation, belief, understanding and conclusion of people like Ignatius (who is not a witness) when they read and try to understand these witnesses (like Abraham, Enoch, Moses, Jonah, Paul, Luke, and others) and their written testimony.

Historical Jesus is a non-existing personality in our world of reality. There is no historical Jesus at all. But there is ‘another’ Jesus who is still hidden from you. He is the true one and even up to now you can still see him for yourself in the same way witnesses of the past saw him. This is the Christ to whom all God’s witnesses gave their testimony and they are not really referring to your historical Jesus.

Since I do not accept the reality of the existence of this historical Jesus, it only follows I do not believe, perform, accept and teach any ritual, sacraments, doctrine and teachings which are all founded on this historical Jesus because all of them are  â€˜man made doctrines’.

To make it short, I do not accept your idea of atonement, virgin birth, mass offering or eucharistic sacrifices, original sin, purgatory, limbo of whatever kind, churches and its hierarchy, trinity, oneness….all and every doctrine created out of this historical Jesus.

If I will be allowed to preach by this world, I will preach one or two things.

First, since all of us are created equal by God and all of us will be saved only thru Christ therefore, love your brother in the same way Jesus Christ loves you. Second, since it is impossible for you to understand the love of Christ without seeing him then, seek him first with all your heart, mind and soul and you will find him - by the grace of God He will reveal his Christ to you. 

(Aha and third, Do not lose your common sense. Do not say that piece of bread is your lord and God and then you eat your God) 

Edited by reyb

1. You can see in all my post that I am calling Jesus as my Lord and that is true. He is truly my Lord and my God. He is the Lord of all the Holy Prophet and witnesses of God. He is the Lord of my dear Apostle Paul. He is the Lord of Luke. He is the only Christ of God. Jesus Christ is my Lord and my God and it will be forever.

2. But the Jesus I am saying is not your historical Jesus because this historical Jesus is just an ‘interpretation, belief, understanding and conclusion of people like Ignatius (who is not a witness) when they read and try to understand these witnesses (like Abraham, Enoch, Moses, Jonah, Paul, Luke, and others) and their written testimony.

3. Historical Jesus is a non-existing personality in our world of reality. There is no historical Jesus at all. But there is ‘another’ Jesus who is still hidden from you. He is the true one and even up to now you can still see him for yourself in the same way witnesses of the past saw him. This is the Christ to whom all God’s witnesses gave their testimony and they are not really referring to your historical Jesus.

4. Since I do not accept the reality of the existence of this historical Jesus, it only follows I do not believe, perform, accept and teach any ritual, sacraments, doctrine and teachings which are all founded on this historical Jesus because all of them are  â€˜man made doctrines’.

5. To make it short, I do not accept your idea of atonement, virgin birth, mass offering or eucharistic sacrifices, original sin, purgatory, limbo of whatever kind, churches and its hierarchy, trinity, oneness….all and every doctrine created out of this historical Jesus.

6. If I will be allowed to preach by this world, I will preach one or two things.

First, since all of us are created equal by God and all of us will be saved only thru Christ therefore, love your brother in the same way Jesus Christ loves you. Second, since it is impossible for you to understand the love of Christ without seeing him then, seek him first with all your heart, mind and soul and you will find him - by the grace of God He will reveal his Christ to you. 

7. (Aha and third, Do not lose your common sense. Do not say that piece of bread is your lord and God and then you eat your God) 

I've numbered your post to better help anyone interested following this do so. (the mealy mouthed and easily shocked should skip part six)

1. Based on this then you are my brother and a brother to most of the good people here. Why do you trouble us? (Then I got to sections 4 and 5 where I discovered that you are not a Christian according to the commonly understood [[theological rather than sociological] meaning this word.)

2. Enoch is not a Biblical text. The only Enoch mentioned in the Bible walked with God long before the Incarnation.

3. You seem to be describing a visionary experience related to your conversion, many people have had such, but neither dreams, nor visions are to govern the Christian life. We are not to build doctrines on these and certainly not to speak to our brothers as if they are not our brothers because they haven't had this favor granted them by God.

4 and 5. Oh I see. You really do sound like one of the (I cannot find a neutral and inoffensive term to describe them, so take this as it is intended) heretics of the early centuries of Christianity. You are a basic anti-materialist--a Manachaean or a Gnostic. What does Paul say of those who either preach another Gospel than the one we have first come to believe or who deny that Christ, who I assure you Paul understood as the Second Person of the Trinity, came in the flesh.

6. Know that you preach a kind of rank heresy the Church (by which thing I mean to include Catholics, but do not exclusively mean them) defeated by the Power of the Holy Ghost with pure Biblical light a millennium ago. Know that I am in no way your brother. There is no secular brotherhood of mankind. These men are my brothers because we share a Father, a brother in the Biblical and Historical God-Man, and are the dwelling place of the Holy Ghost.

I do not seek visions, though many Christians of all traditions have had them. I do not seek another Lord. The Grace of God invaded my life, and made the scales fall from my eyes, I have beheld the One By Whom Men Might Be Saved. He is "Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace." And was born by the power of the Holy Ghost of the Blessed Virgin Mary. A real and true human baby, yet He is not merely human. He had a heart that beat, a mouth that sought His Mother's Breast, He had flesh, feet, arms, legs, a penis, toes, a brain, a significant amount of His DNA was shared with chimpanzees, and yet still He is not merely human.

Hear me Reyb, GOD PUT ON FLESH. God became man. He ate, spat, urinated, defecated, bled, felt pain, and even died. Jesus, called the Christ, became MAN. Do not build some disembodied spiritualism for yourself when He has revealed Himself. Do not chase idols, and religious system's of man's devising when "His burden is easy. And His yoke is light."

Faith is only as good as the object of that faith. You have placed your faith in an  unworthy object either gotten directly from the ancients or devised by yourself. Trust in the Common Christ all Christendom adores.

7. Correct Eucharistic doctrine is plainly taught in John 6.

It is really very easy for you to say that I am wrong. As I have said it is not unexpected from someone like you to think like that because we are truly having different Jesus Christ.

Since you are now saying the Lord of Apostle Paul is your historical Jesus (you even give me an assurance that he is truly referring to the second person of your trinity) and not my Jesus, may I know from whom did you get that idea?

Edited by reyb

It is really very easy for you to say that I am wrong. As I have said it is not unexpected from someone like you to think like that because we are truly having different Jesus Christ.

Since we now know that there are 'two' different Jesus Christ and you are now saying the Lord of Apostle Paul is your historical Jesus and not my Jesus, may I know from whom did

you get that idea?

I agree we have two different Jesuses.

I agree we have two different Jesuses.

Okay. So, from whom did you get your idea that he is preaching your Jesus and not mine?

Edited by reyb

From the plain meaning of the Biblical text as taught by fearsome men Catholic, Protestant, Orthodox, and just plain Christian "They were stoned; they were sawed in two; they were put to death by the sword. They went about in sheepskins and goatskins, destitute, persecuted and mistreated--the world was not worthy of them. They wandered in deserts and mountains, and in caves and holes in the ground." Hebrews 11:37-38

From the plain meaning of the Biblical text as taught by fearsome men Catholic, Protestant, Orthodox, and just plain Christian "They were stoned; they were sawed in two; they were put to death by the sword. They went about in sheepskins and goatskins, destitute, persecuted and mistreated--the world was not worthy of them. They wandered in deserts and mountains, and in caves and holes in the ground." Hebrews 11:37-38

To make it short not from 'revelation of Christ' himself, Isn't it?

On what authority do you elevate your private opinions above Revelation?

It is not an ‘opinion’.  I have known the truth because God revealed it to me. Now  I know that this historical Jesus is a lie because  I have seen what they saw in a manner they have seen the only Christ of God. As it is written (1 John 1:2-3), The life appeared; we have seen it and testify to it, and we proclaim to you the eternal life, which was with the Father and has appeared to us. We proclaim to you what we have seen and heard, so that you also may have fellowship with us. And our fellowship is with the Father and with his Son, Jesus Christ.

Besides the ‘revelation’ you are talking about is not truly revelation but ‘new found ideas’ based on faith or new set of beliefs. For example, during the time of Ignatius this rumor regarding ‘the day of the lord has already come’ is a new set of belief in the eyes of the Jews but actually none of them see this person (historical Jesus). That is why religious beliefs are truly evolving but salvation through Christ is not.

Edited by reyb