An Old School Catholic Message Board

Hey There! So... Wanna Talk?

Annie12

[quote name='Annie12' timestamp='1350432861' post='2494115']
This bandage seems to be sewn on to my skin...
[/quote]

Do it tomorrow! make a plan!

Basilisa Marie

You're confusing what you want with what you think God wants. Your desires are clouding your ability to see what God wants. You're also idolizing this guy. Not a good way to start any relationship.

Come on, dear, what did you expect? :) You need to stop obsessing over him. Honestly, even if you WERE going to start a relationship with him, you need to become more comfortable with yourself, around him, and STOP putting him on the "perfect holiness" pedestal, otherwise it'd end in disaster.

So in order to stop obsessing over him, I'd recommend telling him how you feel. Either he won't reciprocate your feelings and you can get a start on getting over the crush, or he'll reciprocate your feelings and you can get starting on really getting to know each other as real people. Either result would be good for you. :)

ContemporaryCaflicCrusader

You guys got this all wrong that makes her look desperate. I'm no social juggernaut but every time I've known a girl to make the first step in towards being more than in "The friend zone" it goes to pot. Either he rejected it (Me included) or it went to his head. This guy doesn't seem likely to let it go to his head but he might take it as creepy or something. It's been the center of more than one romantic dramedy where the guy is ridiculously oblivious to her being this into him. If this is really God's plan it'll work out and maybe you'll make it a novel while your second one with him is in the oven. A technique I used in high school for a different situation that could work here I don't know it might not, is to tell the gossip queen socially. Then everyone knows you like him.

MissScripture

[quote name='ContemporaryCaflicCrusader' timestamp='1350436680' post='2494129']
You guys got this all wrong that makes her look desperate. I'm no social juggernaut but every time I've known a girl to make the first step in towards being more than in "The friend zone" it goes to pot. Either he rejected it (Me included) or it went to his head. This guy doesn't seem likely to let it go to his head but he might take it as creepy or something. It's been the center of more than one romantic dramedy where the guy is ridiculously oblivious to her being this into him. If this is really God's plan it'll work out and maybe you'll make it a novel while your second one with him is in the oven. A technique I used in high school for a different situation that could work here I don't know it might not, is to tell the gossip queen socially. Then everyone knows you like him.
[/quote]
Well, it worked for me. I told a guy I liked him and now I'm married to him. :|

[quote name='MissScripture' timestamp='1350437239' post='2494132']
Well, it worked for me. I told a guy I liked him and now I'm married to him. :|
[/quote]
THAT JUST HAPPENED! DID THAT BLOW YOUR MIND?

I say you never ever ask him...

That way, you'll never know...

And you can always wonder what could have been.

Communicating feelings is so hard, anyways....

To Jesus Through Mary

[quote name='Winchester' timestamp='1350430204' post='2494093']
You appear to be obsessing. I obsess, sometimes. It's perfectly human. [b]Have you anyone who isn't an internet acquaintance to consult[/b]?
[/quote]

This.

Annie- you have posted about this dude several times seeking the same bit of advice. Yet you never take or even like the advice that is offered. Maybe you should talk to your friends at school. Maybe you might like their advice better. Since you feel like God is telling you not to tell him, as I see it you are pretty much left with two options.

1- follow the earlier advice. Get busy, have fun, enjoy life. It is meant to be it will be. He will be far more attracted to you the more confident you are with being just you.
2. Or two, continue to fixate on this guy and let it smell of elderberries all of the fun out of your life. You can continue to be super concerned with what he thinks and "social suicide". (which really, everyone is far to concerned about how they appear socially to be concerned about how anyone else looks)

Enjoy these carefree times now. They do not last forever... well until we get to heaven, Lord willing. Then I guess they will last forever. Then all the things we cling to will seem so silly. ;)

[quote name='Annie12' timestamp='1350430171' post='2494092']
AC I've actually tried that... doesn't work....[s] God[/s] I doesn't want me to tell him... I've prayed about it....

[/quote]

fxd.

Let's try this again with less cursing.

I met this girl once. We made out. I asked her if she wanted to get lunch the next day. We did. We had a very nice lunch with lots of talking and clicking. Then she explained to me that she had just broken up with her boyfriend and wanted to focus on getting through this breakup rather than on a long term relationship. Did that rejection sting a little? Sure. When I broke up with my girlfriend she cried. A lot. Did that sting her? Yep. People get hurt and get rejected all the time. And we all learn to get over it. So you have a win-win situation here. You can talk to this boy and get this boy or you can talk to this boy and start down the wonderful road of learning to deal with rejection. It's not social suicide. You're friends will also get rejected and dumped. This boy will also get rejected and dumped. In fact, maybe someday he'll even get dumped by you once you realize that he's just a guy and not some transcendent being. And nobody should know about it, anyway. Unless this guy is a total cretin or you pronounce your love in public.

Also, get a sassy gay friend.

[quote name='Annie12' timestamp='1350430431' post='2494097']
This was not the answer I expected.... oh dear me! I think I could use prayers more than anything right now... PLEASE!!!
[/quote]

then you're not "all ears".

smell of elderberries it up and tell him how you feel