An Old School Catholic Message Board

Hey There! So... Wanna Talk?

Annie12

Okay whatever, this thread is not helping. I got the picture... I honestly just wanted to know what y'all thought. But instead a lot of you are making observation about me. You don't know me so how can you be so sure you're right? Not mad, just at the end of my rope... I talk to my brother and he says I should do all this stuff that makes no sense. I just thought I could get real answers from people who have experience at this sorta thing. It's just annoying how y'all are treating me... Thanks for trying to help though... I guess... :paperbag:

To Jesus Through Mary

[quote name='Annie12' timestamp='1350519620' post='2494251']
Okay whatever, this thread is not helping. I got the picture... [b]I honestly just wanted to know what y'all thought.[/b] But instead a lot of you are making observation about me. [b]You don't know me so how can you be so sure you're right?[/b] Not mad, just at the end of my rope... I talk to my brother and he says I should do all this stuff that makes no sense. I just thought I could get real answers from people who have experience at this sorta thing. It's just annoying how y'all are treating me... Thanks for trying to help though... I guess... :paperbag:
[/quote]

Seriously?! Seriously??? Wow- you are for real. What answer DID you want to hear? Really, what answer would have satisfied you? Look at all your responses to the vast range of advice offered on how to handle the situation.

And goodness gracious girl, if you ask a bunch of people who you don't know you can't get mad that they don't know you. YOU were the one who post this for the 5th time and yet are so how shocked at the out come each time. :duh:

[quote name='To Jesus Through Mary' timestamp='1350522221' post='2494263']

Seriously?! Seriously??? Wow- you are for real. What answer DID you want to hear? Really, what answer would have satisfied you? Look at all your responses to the vast range of advice offered on how to handle the situation.

And goodness gracious girl, if you ask a bunch of people who you don't know you can't get mad that they don't know you. YOU were the one who post this for the 5th time and yet are so how shocked at the out come each time. :duh:
[/quote]

i love you too.

LinaSt.Cecilia2772

[quote name='Annie12' timestamp='1350522007' post='2494262']
Okay whatever, this thread is not helping. I got the picture... I honestly just wanted to know what y'all thought. But instead a lot of you are making observation about me. You don't know me so how can you be so sure you're right? Not mad, just at the end of my rope... I talk to my brother and he says I should do all this stuff that makes no sense. I just thought I could get real answers from people who have experience at this sorta thing. It's just annoying how y'all are treating me... Thanks for trying to help though... I guess... :paperbag:
[/quote]

If you don't want to have an open mind for all the advice you've been given for the fifty bagillionth time, then don't start the same threads over and over again.

But if I were you, I would seriously take some of the advice on here, because some of the people on here (people I dont even know) are VERY respectable people who have been there and done that, AND have TAKEN THE TIME to give you advice to HELP. I don't understand your motivations for every single thread you've started if you really don't want to have an open mind to consider the advice given.

Sometimes the best advice is advice that we don't want to hear. I've had experiences like yours, and I've been told some of the same things you are now. It truly smells of elderberries. But don't go around asking the same questions for the same advice from very good people if you're just going to say stuff like you did just now, and almost insulting them about the way they're treating you when you're treating them like they did no service to you when they did.

I'm praying for you, just think about your motives before you do anything.

When you go to friends for advice over and over again,
and each time they give you the same advice,
you need to either follow their advice
or get different friends. :smile3:

look i had a giant obsessive crush all through high school...it was silly, but what else is there to do in high school.. just TALK to him...and def don't tell him about the rosaries until you have been dating for like a year...lol

[quote name='sixpence' timestamp='1350527063' post='2494279']
look i had a giant obsessive crush all through high school...it was silly, but what else is there to do in high school.. just TALK to him...and def don't tell him about the rosaries until you have been dating for like a year...lol
[/quote]
Yeah, I had a crush on a girl from about grade five to grade ten. It was stupid. My expectations- the way I [i]wanted[/i] reality to be did not match the way reality [i]actually was[/i]. I caused myself a lot of pain because I refused to accept that. I thought it was determination. It wasn't- it was naivete and stupidity.

Finally, after a couple eye opening events, I decided I was done wasting my time. I stopped thinking about her, and never looked back. That was perhaps the most important decision I made in that year of my life.

I could have wasted all sorts of time being bitter, being angry at her for not being the person that existed in my head. But that would be even worse. At the end of the day, that was not where I was meant to be, and it was not what I was meant to be doing. When I accepted that I was able to finally move on with my life and work on what was at that point rather serious self esteem issues.

missionseeker

[quote name='Hasan' timestamp='1350454370' post='2494172']

Also, get a sassy gay friend.
[/quote]
[url="http://maryhomegirl.tumblr.com/post/32733507620/sassy-examination-of-conscience"]http://maryhomegirl.tumblr.com/post/32733507620/sassy-examination-of-conscience[/url]

PhuturePriest

[quote name='Annie12' timestamp='1350518085' post='2494244']
would I come off as unstable if I told him I prayed 2 rosaries a day for him for the past month? or do you think that he would find this to be sweet?
[/quote]

Run this question through your head:

If a guy who was always nervous around you and sometimes avoided you (As I believe you have said you did to him because you were nervous) came up to you, said he loved you and topped it off with saying he prayed two Rosaries a day for you, would you think that was sweet? Well, it depends. It's important to think about what [i]he [/i]will think. He's not a girl and he doesn't think the way you think. He may think this is sweet, but think about that word: I don't know any guy on the planet who would use that word for something like this in the first place. Really it all depends on his personality. If you don't know him well enough to make the judgement yourself, play the safe road and just tell him you like him and ask him to go on a date with you. It's better than risking it, as others have said it may come off as desperate and obsessive.

Edited by FuturePriest387

Dunno if this has run its course, but truthfully, it's 2012. You're an adult (ARE you an adult?) woman in full control of your identity, your self-worth and your values. And from the sound of it, you are totally being overly-analytical about this. You like the guy? Tell him. Period. See what he has to say. But all this angst and prayer is pointless...just go talk to this guy and see whether he reciprocates. If he doesn't...he doesn't. It'll su.ck but you'll be fine because of what I said before--you are who you are, and you know who that person is. You won't go off the rails, and so there's nothing to lose. Be strong.

LinaSt.Cecilia2772

Ironically this status from Mark Hart (Catholic speaker and vice president of Lifeteen) came up on Facebook yesterday.

[quote] It's Ironic that when we pray to God for patience, we always want it now not later. [/quote]

Something to also consider.

And I'll say this--all you jackasses making this girl feel bad about herself and her complicated feelings on this subject should back off. If all you have to say is denigrating or unhelpful things, perhaps you should go over to the debate table. That stuff is like candy over there.

Annie12 for President!

PhuturePriest

And honestly, I'm inclined to agree with others that this is somewhat obsessive and unhealthy. I'm not saying you are chemically imbalanced, but you are making too much out of this guy. He is a guy just like every other guy in the world, including me. Just a small note, but you should have felt a chill up your spine when you read that. Is he a really holy guy who is totally amazing? Possibly. But you don't know him well enough to make that judgement. There are many guys who look perfect on the outside but have nine billion problems on the inside. So don't obsess over him, talk to him. Ask him out on a date. If he says yes, amesome. But that is not a sign you are called to be married forever. That is a sign that he is interested in talking to you while you drink coffee. You have to discern with him, not discern about him with God. You should of course pray, but prayer without works is useless, as scripture itself says. You will never see if there is any fruit of your labors unless you go and ask him out, talk to him, and truly see if he is the guy for you. Until then, you are likely stuck in this terrible broken record, and nobody wants that, especially you.

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1350533155' post='2494321']
I'm not saying you are chemically imbalanced...
[/quote]

#JackassCommentAlert

Dude, you're like 9, so I'll give you a head's up: [b]neverevereverever [/b]tell a lady she's "chemically imbalanced." Don't insinuate it. Don't imply it. Don't even bring it up. You're 9 and you are unqualified to make that determination, so instead it just comes off as insulting.

Edited by kujo