An Old School Catholic Message Board

Voting For A 3rd Party Is Voting For Obama.

Freedom

[quote name='Freedom' timestamp='1351283505' post='2498106']
Why are you hiding? Are you trying to wear me down by being on several accounts under different names? I may be young but not stupid. Still, to answer your question, [b]compared to Obama, Romney is a Saint[/b]. Gotta go, I have other things to do besides answering all of youz.
[/quote]
I do not know whether to laugh or vomit.

[img]http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/101/781/Y0UJC.png[/img]

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1351283602' post='2498109']

[size=2]I'm sure everyone can recall me a year ago talking about what a liberal Romney is and how much greater Newt Gingrich and Rick Santorum were. My tune changed as soon as he was the clear victor. This is my first election so[/size] [b]I don't know[/b][size=1], but I'm sure this is probably how it goes every time there is a presidential election. I'm glad I was swayed from the devoted Republican side before I was eaten up by typical American politics.[/size]
[/quote]Edited for clarity.

Just another value added service I provide.

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1351283720' post='2498112']

You have this insane idea that we're all one account. We are each different people. Having multiple accounts is against the rules. These people have been here for years. A lot of them have met each other in real life. We've even had a Phatmass meet-up. Insult us all you want, but I'm tired of you accusing us of being one person. We are all different people. Not one of us has two accounts.
[/quote]
I am becoming more and more convinced that Freedom = The OrthoFox. Accusing us of sock puppetting is an attempt to distract us.

Not one of us has two accounts.
[/quote]Wrong again. I have two.

lol that's true, you had to switch to a new account after your sex change operation or something, right?

err... it was something like that. some sort of change, I could be fuzzy on the details. :|

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1351283802' post='2498116']
I am becoming more and more convinced that Freedom = The OrthoFox. Accusing us of sock puppetting is an attempt to distract us.
[/quote]
this is vile lie~ t'orthofox the same as great american freedom~?~ such untruth~!~ man who calls freedom is great american and the orthofox only wishes to be great as he is~
all who vote not for romney be truly condemmed to hell with schisms and the heresys~

[quote name='Freedom' timestamp='1351281138' post='2498064']
This election is all about voting against Obama and the only one who can do that is Mitt Romney. You want to ignore that, then know that you are wrong. As simple as that.
[/quote]
Yes, for you it is. Because you're a simpleton.

[quote name='Freedom' timestamp='1351281604' post='2498071']
I think you should change your name to Obama Militant... You are certainly not the church's.
[/quote]
[quote name='Freedom' timestamp='1351282387' post='2498081']
God is the truth and the light. I'm afraid you need both, I'll pray for you.
[/quote]

[quote name='Aloysius' timestamp='1351283114' post='2498093']
Freedom, the type of conflation of politics with religion I'm witnessing you display here is poisonous and evil. to accuse people of not being okay with God or the Church because they don't want to support your political candidate... that is evil and it's a sin against our common Catholic Faith. Accuse us of being wrong or stupid or not pragmatic enough, fine, you have the right to that opinion; but calling into question our Catholicism because we don't support Mitt Romney? I would kindly ask you to retract those types of statements and apologize.
[/quote]
[quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1351283209' post='2498099']

don't hold your breath.
[/quote]
[quote name='Anomaly' timestamp='1351283417' post='2498104']
Exactly. I've only seen 37 apologies, and 103 retractions on PM in the 309,000+ posts on the Debate Table. I probably should have doubled those stats, considering :paperbag: my own posts, but it'll never happen.
[/quote]
Dear Freedom,

You have the opportunity to show some class and clarify that though we may disagree on this political issue, this does not and should not be a wedge to divide the Body of Christ. Perhaps you didn't mean it but you have come across as saying that those who disagree with your political actions are lacking a connection to God and Church. That type of sentiment is totally uncalled for and it is poisonous to the Faith, so I'm calling you out to either retract or clarify.

Our Catholic Faith and our love for Our Lord should stand above petty political squabbles; all too often we allow it to be used as a tool by the political machines and start to question people's faith and Catholicity because they disagree with our political positions... I believe I myself was guilty of that on this very phorum back in 2004... the unity of the faith is not supposed to be the cement that holds a voting block together, and when it is used as such it is a tremendous sin against the faith and the unity of the Body of Christ.

To Jesus Through Mary

[quote name='USAirwaysIHS' timestamp='1351283645' post='2498111']
If you believe in earnest that someone would create multiple user accounts on an internet forum for the sake of trying to wear you down and get you to change your political stance, I'm afraid that [b]who you vote for[/b] may be the least pressing issue you are facing in your life right now...
[/quote]

Truth!

The ironic part is he isn't eligible yet. I bet when he is he will have a very different outlook and hopefully a new approach.

Freedom- my changing my stance has nothing to do with showing immaturity? Explain how it does. Dude look- ya just gotta relax. Life is far to short. You have stated very clearly what you believe (although you have a logical disconnect when it comes to reading what others are saying). I'm not worried about my soul or my standing with the Church if I choose to go third party. I know I am not for Obama. I also know I am not for Romney. Life will go on much the same after the election. But hey I am just a bleeding heart liberal after all....

To Jesus Through Mary

You have this insane idea that we're all one account. We are each different people. Having multiple accounts is against the rules. These people have been here for years. A lot of them have met each other in real life. We've even had a Phatmass meet-up. Insult us all you want, but I'm tired of you accusing us of being one person. We are all different people. Not one of us has two accounts.

But wait, key word there. "I may be young but not stupid". According to your nasty private message you sent me you are twice my age, which on a quick mathematical thought is 32. Are you young or are you an adult in your thirties?
[/quote]

FP why don't you just admit you and Nihil are the same person? This charade has gone on long enough...

Oh and if you are 32, God help you dear. I can understand how a 14yr old could post like that but 32 yikes....

PhuturePriest

[quote name='To Jesus Through Mary' timestamp='1351286059' post='2498157']

Truth!

The ironic part is he isn't eligible yet. I bet when he is he will have a very different outlook and hopefully a new approach.

Freedom- my changing my stance has nothing to do with showing immaturity? Explain how it does. Dude look- ya just gotta relax. Life is far to short. You have stated very clearly what you believe (although you have a logical disconnect when it comes to reading what others are saying). I'm not worried about my soul or my standing with the Church if I choose to go third party. I know I am not for Obama. I also know I am not for Romney. Life will go on much the same after the election. But hey I am just a bleeding heart liberal after all....
[/quote]

This post was good and all, but Freedom is a woman.

I fail to see who in the world would have the time to create half a dozen sockpuppet accounts over the course of nearly a decade; then create tens to hundreds of thousands of posts between them, participating fully in the site and interacting with one another...

[quote name='BG45' timestamp='1351288438' post='2498176']
I fail to see who in the world would have the time to create half a dozen sockpuppet accounts over the course of nearly a decade; then create tens to hundreds of thousands of posts between them, participating fully in the site and interacting with one another...
[/quote]
I meant to post that as Nihil.

[quote name='Freedom' timestamp='1351205000' post='2497695']
Unless you are an Obama voter you are either voting for him or throwing your vote away. A 3rd party is like voting for Santa Claus, they both have the same chance to win. If this is too difficult for you to understand, then don't vote at all. America is better off without your vote.
[/quote]

Tell that to all the folks who voted for Lincoln