An Old School Catholic Message Board

Voting For A 3rd Party Is Voting For Obama.

Freedom

[quote name='Freedom' timestamp='1351281138' post='2498064']
This election is all about voting against Obama and the only one who can do that is Mitt Romney. You want to ignore that, then know that you are wrong. As simple as that.
[/quote]
I have this weird, apparently radical idea that political processes, broadly speaking, should be used to actually make positive change, to protect freedom and promote justice and morality.

Funny how we are approaching this differently.

[quote name='Freedom' timestamp='1351281604' post='2498071']
I think you should change your name to Obama Militant... You are certainly not the church's.
[/quote]
Wrong again, my strange friend.

[img]http://agoratelegraph.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/murray-rothbard-enemy-state.jpg[/img]

But hey, if we want to go down that route, I suggest a competition. Let us both find a nice spiffy altar, then we will both stand in front of it and recite our favourite prayers. The winner is the one who looks most pious and devout.
The winner will be entitled to say:
O God, I give thee thanks that I am not as the rest of men, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, as also is this publican. I fast twice in a week: I give tithes of all that I possess.

[quote name='Freedom' timestamp='1351282387' post='2498081']
God is the truth and the light. I'm afraid you need both, I'll pray for you.
[/quote]
Do not forget to thank God that you are much more pious than I am.

[quote name='Freedom' timestamp='1351273835' post='2497999'] I know who I'm voting for and I know who is best for this country and for the Catholic church, Mitt Romney.
[/quote]
Wait, so are you voting because you think Obama is terrible (which I agree with) or because Romney is great (which I do not agree with)? Because earlier in the thread the cut of your gib was different. Talk about waffling convictions.
I'd bet dollars to donuts that if we had asked you a year ago who would be best for this country, Santorum (or insert other more socially conservative candidate here) or Romney, you would have talked about what a liberal Romney is (and I wouldn't have disagreed).

[quote name='Freedom' timestamp='1351281604' post='2498071']
I think you should change your name to Obama Militant... You are certainly not the church's.
[/quote]
Yeah, everyone else here are the ad hominem masters. lol

[quote name='Freedom' timestamp='1351282574' post='2498084']
Again, I'll pray for you to see the truth and the light, no matter how blind you are right now.
[/quote]

You need to chill out a bit, dude. Kick back and watch some K-pop with me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7mPqycQ0tQ

Freedom, the type of conflation of politics with religion I'm witnessing you display here is poisonous and evil. to accuse people of not being okay with God or the Church because they don't want to support your political candidate... that is evil and it's a sin against our common Catholic Faith. Accuse us of being wrong or stupid or not pragmatic enough, fine, you have the right to that opinion; but calling into question our Catholicism because we don't support Mitt Romney? I would kindly ask you to retract those types of statements and apologize.

[quote name='Aloysius' timestamp='1351283114' post='2498093']
Freedom, the type of conflation of politics with religion I'm witnessing you display here is poisonous and evil. to accuse people of not being okay with God or the Church because they don't want to support your political candidate... that is evil and it's a sin against our common Catholic Faith. Accuse us of being wrong or stupid or not pragmatic enough, fine, you have the right to that opinion; but calling into question our Catholicism because we don't support Mitt Romney? I would kindly ask you to retract those types of statements and apologize.
[/quote]

don't hold your breath.

[quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1351283209' post='2498099']
don't hold your breath.
[/quote]
Exactly. I've only seen 37 apologies, and 103 retractions on PM in the 309,000+ posts on the Debate Table. I probably should have doubled those stats, considering :paperbag: my own posts, but it'll never happen.

Edited by Anomaly

Why are you hiding? Are you trying to wear me down by being on several accounts under different names? I may be young but not stupid. Still, to answer your question, compared to Obama, Romney is a Saint. Gotta go, I have other things to do besides answering all of youz.

PhuturePriest

[quote name='USAirwaysIHS' timestamp='1351282683' post='2498087']
Wait, so are you voting because you think Obama is terrible (which I agree with) or because Romney is great (which I do not agree with)? Because earlier in the thread the cut of your gib was different. Talk about waffling convictions.
I'd bet dollars to donuts that if we had asked you a year ago who would be best for this country, Santorum (or insert other more socially conservative candidate here) or Romney, you would have talked about what a liberal Romney is (and I wouldn't have disagreed).
[/quote]

I'm sure everyone can recall me a year ago talking about what a liberal Romney is and how much greater Newt Gingrich and Rick Santorum were. My tune changed as soon as he was the clear victor. This is my first election so I don't know, but I'm sure this is probably how it goes every time there is a presidential election. I'm glad I was swayed from the devoted Republican side before I was eaten up by typical American politics.

[quote name='Freedom' timestamp='1351283505' post='2498106']
Why are you hiding? Are you trying to wear me down by being on several accounts under different names? I may be young but not stupid.
[/quote]
If you believe in earnest that someone would create multiple user accounts on an internet forum for the sake of trying to wear you down and get you to change your political stance, I'm afraid that who you vote for may be the least pressing issue you are facing in your life right now...

PhuturePriest

[quote name='Freedom' timestamp='1351283505' post='2498106']
Why are you hiding? Are you trying to wear me down by being on several accounts under different names? I may be young but not stupid. Still, to answer your question, compared to Obama, Romney is a Saint. Gotta go, I have other things to do besides answering all of youz.
[/quote]

You have this insane idea that we're all one account. We are each different people. Having multiple accounts is against the rules. These people have been here for years. A lot of them have met each other in real life. We've even had a Phatmass meet-up. Insult us all you want, but I'm tired of you accusing us of being one person. We are all different people. Not one of us has two accounts.

But wait, key word there. "I may be young but not stupid". According to your nasty private message you sent me you are twice my age, which on a quick mathematical thought is 32. Are you young or are you an adult in your thirties?

Edited by FuturePriest387