An Old School Catholic Message Board

This Is The Mother Of All Youtubes, Watch.

Freedom

[quote name='To Jesus Through Mary' timestamp='1351810501' post='2502295']
None of us are worthy of God's love and forgiveness. I know this might be shocking... but not even you.
[/quote]

[mod]Personal attack. -dUSt[/mod] From what I know, God loves us, otherwise why would He send His Son to die to save us, would you do that without love in your heart?

[quote name='dUSt' timestamp='1351810802' post='2502308']
I liked you better as Tom Selleck.
[/quote]
If I were to make my smart comment to this I'd be warned and possibly banned.

[quote name='dUSt' timestamp='1351810802' post='2502308']
I liked you better as Tom Selleck.
[/quote]
Bert is amesome.

[quote name='Winchester' timestamp='1351810823' post='2502309']
And you called me a 'moron', earlier. So get off your high horse, Punchy.
[/quote]
And I was edited and warned for it.

Now I demand that someone warn this guy. "So get off your high horse, Punchy." is a personal attack.

God loves us, we just don't deserve that love. We don't earn it by our own merits, God loves us freely despite our failures.

Like many things in theology, this is the kind of thing that one can easily turn a phrase and accidentally miss some subtle distinction. As long as we recognize that we cannot earn God's love and that He loves us anyway, we should be good.

[quote name='dUSt' timestamp='1351810909' post='2502313']
And I was edited and warned for it.

Now I demand that someone warn this guy. "So get off your high horse, Punchy." is a personal attack.
[/quote]
No. It's a request, and a nickname. Indicates you're tough. Like Rockie.

To Jesus Through Mary

[quote name='Freedom' timestamp='1351810841' post='2502310']
Did God tell you that, or are you just talking out of your inferiority complex? From what I know, God loves us, otherwise why would He send His Son to die to save us, would you do that without love in your heart?
[/quote]

The Church told me that and my known unworthiness to stand before an amesome God. Call it a inferiority complex if you like. I call it a fear of the Lord.

God sent his Son out of love to die for us because we are not worthy of him or his love. Duh.

[quote name='Aloysius' timestamp='1351810992' post='2502316']
God loves us, we just don't deserve that love. We don't earn it by our own merits, God loves us freely despite our failures.

Like many things in theology, this is the kind of thing that one can easily turn a phrase and accidentally miss some subtle distinction. As long as we recognize that we cannot earn God's love and that He loves us anyway, we should be good.
[/quote]

I agree and there is some truth to that.

[quote name='To Jesus Through Mary' timestamp='1351811023' post='2502318']

The Church told me that and my known unworthiness to stand before an amesome God. Call it a inferiority complex if you like. I call it a fear of the Lord.

God sent his Son out of love to die for us because we are not worthy of him or his love. Duh.
[/quote]

You're entitled to fear the Lord but not doubt His love for us, His children.

[quote name='qfnol31' timestamp='1351810611' post='2502300']
How is it not possible for someone not to care either way?
[/quote]
Just a reminder this question is out there.

[quote name='Winchester' timestamp='1351811018' post='2502317']

No. It's a request, and a nickname. Indicates you're tough. Like Rockie.
[/quote]
And I called you a moron for your misreading of pragmatism as pregnant schism, even though you obviously didn't do that, which should then have lead readers to know that I was obviously not calling you a moron for any actual reason other than to amuse myself for coming up with the term pregnant schism.

Yet, I was edited and warned.

I suppose that is what I get for not being as funny as you.

[quote name='dUSt' timestamp='1351811672' post='2502329']
And I called you a moron for your misreading of pragmatism as pregnant schism, even though you obviously didn't do that, which should then have lead readers to know that I was obviously not calling you a moron for any actual reason other than to amuse myself for coming up with the term pregnant schism.

[/quote]
I don't want anyone warned for attacking me. Either impersonally or not. I'll take whatever attention I can get.

[quote name='dUSt' timestamp='1351811672' post='2502329']

[/quote]

if you think something violates the guidelines, you're encouraged by the moderating team and dUSt, the webmaster, to use the report button. :|

[quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1351811943' post='2502333']

dUSt, the webmaster, to use the report button. :|
[/quote]
Never heard of him.

[quote name='Aloysius' timestamp='1351810992' post='2502316']

[/quote]that was a thread a few months ago.... God loves some more than others. Some if you are aware of your status with Him. Others are mistaken.