An Old School Catholic Message Board

Voting For Anyone Other Than Romney Is Pro-obama

dUSt

[quote name='Freedom' timestamp='1351877364' post='2503003']
I'd appreciate it not to be compared to Winchester. Thank you.
[/quote]
Said everybody, forever.

Basilisa Marie

Speaking for myself, I think part of the issue I had with some of dUSt's (and others') posts is that he tried to inject levity into some of them, and I didn't get it...and just got mad. The internets is serious business yo.

Also:
1) It took me a really long time to understand the kind of humor/sarcasm that a lot of phatmassers use, because it's different from the rest of the internet. It sometimes feels like the secret language of 4chan plus the polite ruthlessness of Reddit. Especially when italics/smileys aren't used.
2) It takes a really long time to get accepted and even just listened to around here, unless a regular can support you.
3) It definitely seems like if you've been here a long time, you can get away with a lot of meanness, because you know exactly where the line is. It's really hard to tell where that line is if you haven't been here a while. I've been around about a year and a half, and I'm still not entirely sure sometimes.

And now for some more levity, I give you Catholic Wonka.

[img]http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/250x250/21891216.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Basilisa Marie' timestamp='1351878397' post='2503012']
3) It definitely seems like if you've been here a long time, you can get away with a lot of meanness, because you know exactly where the line is. It's really hard to tell where that line is if you haven't been here a while. I've been around about a year and a half, and I'm still not entirely sure sometimes.
[/quote]
This is a problem I acknowledge and I will try to do a better job of making that line less blurry going forward.

franciscanheart

[quote name='Freedom' timestamp='1351877364' post='2503003']
I'd appreciate it not to be compared to Winchester. Thank you.
[/quote]
:lol:

[quote name='Jesus_lol' timestamp='1351879103' post='2503022']
How long will it be before "Phatmass" is renamed "Mitt Romney 2012"?
[/quote]
Refresh.

[/quote]
[quote name='dUSt' timestamp='1351879509' post='2503027']
Refresh.
[/quote]Jesus_lol you have only yourself to blame for this one.

:lol:

[/quote]A few months after the Democrats state their ideological stance to resist any efforts to get the Government to restrict abortion.

From the Democratic Party Platform, on Democrats.org:

[b]The Democratic Party strongly and unequivocally supports Roe v. Wade[/b] and a woman's right to make decisions regarding her pregnancy,[b][color=#ff0000] including a safe and legal abortion, regardless of ability to pay.[/color][/b] [b]We oppose any and all efforts to weaken or undermine that right. [/b]Abortion is an intensely personal decision between a woman, her family, her doctor, and her clergy; [b]there is no place for politicians or government to get in the way.[/b]

See?

Edited by Anomaly

[quote name='Anomaly' timestamp='1351879971' post='2503032']
[size=4][b]there is no place for politicians or government to get in the way, [color=#FF0000]only to pay.[/color][/b][/size]
[/quote]
Fixed.

Good point. I added the emphasis to the direct quote of the Democratic National Party's platform.

It begs the question. When Catholics vote FOR Obama and the Democratic party, aren't they voting FOR a policy that mandates abortion will be paid by Catholic taxpayers?

If you can't vote FOR Romney and Republicans because of a perceived weakness on pro-life issues, then I guess you can't vote FOR Obama and Democrats. What would happen if no Catholic voters (other than Biden and Pelosi) voted for Obama???

Shouldn't all the PM posters who are denigrating the idea of voting for Romney ALSO be equally vocal about NOT voting for Obama for the exact same reasons?

franciscanheart

[quote name='Anomaly' timestamp='1351881721' post='2503047']
Good point. I added the emphasis to the direct quote of the Democratic National Party's platform.

It begs the question. When Catholics vote FOR Obama and the Democratic party, aren't they voting FOR a policy that mandates abortion will be paid by Catholic taxpayers?

If you can't vote FOR Romney and Republicans because of a perceived weakness on pro-life issues, then I guess you can't vote FOR Obama and Democrats. What would happen if no Catholic voters (other than Biden and Pelosi) voted for Obama???

Shouldn't all the PM posters who are denigrating the idea of voting for Romney ALSO be equally vocal about NOT voting for Obama for the exact same reasons?
[/quote]
If all Catholic voters voted for Romney, Romney would have a lot of Catholic votes. But we can't single-handedly win him the Presidency. That's a good thing, I think; something close, I would imagine, to what the Founding Fathers actually imagined.

missionseeker

[quote name='Anomaly' timestamp='1351881721' post='2503047']

[/quote]

I think most of us are IRL, but not necessarily on PM.

[quote name='franciscanheart' timestamp='1351882040' post='2503049']
If all Catholic voters voted for Romney, Romney would have a lot of Catholic votes. But we can't single-handedly win him the Presidency. That's a good thing, I think; something close, I would imagine, to what the Founding Fathers actually imagined.
[/quote]

http://youtu.be/ecIrj2eWqCs