An Old School Catholic Message Board

Voting For Anyone Other Than Romney Is Pro-obama

dUSt

Voting for anyone other than Romney is pro-Obama.

This is not a moral or theological statement, it is simply a realistic one, based on [b]fact[/b].

So, if you agree with Obama, and enjoy your religious freedom being destroyed, and abortion on-demand, vote for Obama or a third party candidate.

If you value your religious freedom, and disagree with abortion, vote for Romney.

One week before the election, those are the only two viable choices that will have any real affect. Anything else makes you irrelevant.

Thanks,
dUSt - Phounder of phatmass, and leader of you all

[quote name='MissScripture' timestamp='1351748187' post='2501859']
Cool. Then you think the Knights of Columbus aren't Catholic enough for you. amesome. Way to go dUSt.
[/quote]
No, the Knights of Columbus aren't Catholic enough for me. You are also not allowed to say anything bad about the pope's shoes. And I also want to drive people away from the Lord.

MissScripture

It's okay. I've already been told that I'm going to hell for voting how my conscience tells me and that I'm not Catholic enough to be a sister to a Nashville Dominican or raise my child. Tonight has been a stellar night.

[quote name='MissScripture' timestamp='1351748187' post='2501859']
Cool. Then you think the Knights of Columbus aren't Catholic enough for you. amesome. Way to go dUSt.
[/quote]

[i]We have opposed the HHS mandate because it forces Catholics and all Americans to participate in actions that violate our conscience... [/i]

[i]Ironically, the administration has exempted more than 190 million health plan participants and beneficiaries from its health insurance mandate — but it refuses to do so on the basis of religious liberty and rights of conscience... [/i]

[i]Restricting the free exercise of religion for individuals and institutions is not just politics as usual; it is, like abortion, intrinsically evil, and no competing political consideration can make it less evil.

The U.S. bishops have made clear in their document Faithful Citizenship that we have a duty to avoid being complicit with intrinsic evil. They have even said, “It is important to be clear that the political choices faced by citizens … may affect the individual’s salvation.”...

It is my sincere hope that Catholics will defend our fundamental human rights to life and religious liberty in the courts and at the ballot box against those who would seek to make faithful Catholics complicit with intrinsically evil actions and policies.

[b]by Supreme Knight Carl A. Anderson[/b][/i]

MissScripture

[i]It was in our grasp to transform American politics in 1976. And it can be again. No political party in America can be successful and at the same time lose a majority of Catholic voters.[/i]

[i]The solution is as simple as this: We should exercise our right to vote on our own terms and not on the terms of others. If we do, America will be a better place. [/i]

[i]I believe that as Americans and as Catholics, you and I have a responsibility to make this happen. There may be those who say that now is not the right time. But we must look not to the next election, but to the next decade. [/i]

[i]Dr. King had the courage to dream a great dream. I believe that Catholics can dream great dreams as well. [/i]

[i][b]Source: Supreme Knight Carl A. Anderson, Columbia, November 2012, pg. 11 [/b][/i]

MissScripture

[i]Catholic voters must have the courage to tell candidates that if they want Catholic votes they will have to respect the fundamental principles of Catholic social teaching, such as the sanctity of human life and the institutions of marriage and family. [/i]

[i][b]Source: [/b][/i][i][b]Supreme Knight Carl A. Anderson, Columbia, November 2012, pg. 9 [/b][/i]

MissScripture

[i]As Catholics, we wish we could debate and vote on the full range of Catholic social teaching --including prudential issues that raise serious moral questions. But to be able to effectively do this, we must first refuse to support candidates who advocate policies that are intrinsically evil. [/i]

[i][b]Source: [/b][/i][i][b]Supreme Knight Carl A. Anderson, Columbia, November 2012, pg. 10[/b][/i]

MissScripture

[quote name='dUSt' timestamp='1351749812' post='2501878']
He sounds like a Romney supporter to me.
[/quote]
How so?

eagle_eye222001

When you have to start new threads to hide the points you can't respond to in other threads, it is probably time to rethink your position.

I will not support Hitler to stop Stalin....nor will I support Stalin to stop Hitler......for evil is not then being truly fought against....but rather created.

MissScripture

[quote name='MissScripture' timestamp='1351749473' post='2501873']
[i]It was in our grasp to transform American politics in 1976. And it can be again. No political party in America can be successful and at the same time lose a majority of Catholic voters.[/i]

[i]The solution is as simple as this: [b]We should exercise our right to vote on our own terms and not on the terms of others.[/b] If we do, America will be a better place. [/i]

[i]I believe that as Americans and as Catholics, you and I have a responsibility to make this happen. There may be those who say that now is not the right time. [b]But we must look not to the next election, but to the next decade[/b]. [/i]

[i]Dr. King had the courage to dream a great dream. I believe that Catholics can dream great dreams as well. [/i]

[i][b]Source: Supreme Knight Carl A. Anderson, Columbia, November 2012, pg. 11 [/b][/i]
[/quote]
[quote name='MissScripture' timestamp='1351749560' post='2501875']
[i]Catholic voters must have the courage to tell candidates that if they want Catholic votes[b] they will have to respect the fundamental principles of Catholic social teaching[/b], such as the sanctity of human life and the institutions of marriage and family. [/i]

[i][b]Source: [/b][/i][i][b]Supreme Knight Carl A. Anderson, Columbia, November 2012, pg. 9 [/b][/i]
[/quote]
[quote name='MissScripture' timestamp='1351749654' post='2501876']
[i]As Catholics, we wish we could debate and vote on the full range of Catholic social teaching --including prudential issues that raise serious moral questions.[b] But to be able to effectively do this, we must first refuse to support candidates who advocate policies that are intrinsically evil. [/b][/i]

[i][b]Source: [/b][/i][i][b]Supreme Knight Carl A. Anderson, Columbia, November 2012, pg. 10[/b][/i]
[/quote]

I really don't see how anyone could reconcile those things with saying that to vote for anyone but Romney is supporting Obama.

[quote name='MissScripture' timestamp='1351750001' post='2501883']
I really don't see how anyone could reconcile those things with saying that to vote for anyone but Romney is supporting Obama.
[/quote]
I do.

[url="http://www.lifenews.com/2012/03/23/mitt-romney-is-not-soft-on-pro-life-abortion-issues/"]http://www.lifenews.com/2012/03/23/mitt-romney-is-not-soft-on-pro-life-abortion-issues/[/url]

MissScripture

[quote name='dUSt' timestamp='1351750282' post='2501886']
I do.

[url="http://www.lifenews.com/2012/03/23/mitt-romney-is-not-soft-on-pro-life-abortion-issues/"]http://www.lifenews....bortion-issues/[/url]
[/quote]
Well, clearly you did not read the first portion I bolded, so I will say it bigger and brighter, because you're clearly blind (see how cute I'm being? This is a lot of fun!)

[size=6][color=#FF0000][i]The solution is as simple as this: [b]We should exercise our right to vote on our own terms and not on the terms of others.[/b] If we do, America will be a better place.[/i][/color][/size]

[quote name='MissScripture' timestamp='1351750460' post='2501889']
[size=4][i][b]We should exercise our right to vote on our own terms and not on the terms of others.[/b][/i][/size]
[/quote]
I know. That is why I am trying to get you to change your mind about Obama. I do not want you to help him get elected just because [b]I[/b] tell you not to, I want [b]you[/b] to decide for yourself to help keep him from getting re-elected.