An Old School Catholic Message Board

Voting For Anyone Other Than Romney Is Pro-obama

dUSt

MissScripture

[i]Every election year, many Catholic voters see their choice as between the lesser of two evils. They face candidates who argue that while they may not be consistent with Catholic values on all issues, they are consistent on some and that should be good enough. [/i]

[i]But it is not good enough. And as bad as this situation is, it has produced an even worse result. It has blocked the potential of Catholic social teaching to transform our politics. [/i]

[i][b]Source: [/b][/i][i][b]Supreme Knight Carl A. Anderson, Columbia, November 2012, pg. 10[/b][/i]

MissScripture

[i]Catholic voters should insist that candidates measure their political platforms by Catholic social teaching --especially if they are Catholics. Catholic voters should have the courage to settle for nothing less than this. And they should have the courage to withhold their vote from candidates who fail this test --even if it means at times that they will withhold their vote for both candidates for a particular office. [/i]

[i][b]Source: [/b][/i][i][b]Supreme Knight Carl A. Anderson, Columbia, November 2012, pg. 11[/b][/i]

[quote name='MissScripture' timestamp='1351751948' post='2501903']
[i]Every election year, many Catholic voters see their choice as between the lesser of two evils. They face candidates who argue that while they may not be consistent with Catholic values on all issues, they are consistent on some and that should be good enough. [/i]

[i]But it is not good enough. And as bad as this situation is, it has produced an even worse result. It has blocked the potential of Catholic social teaching to transform our politics. [/i]

[i][b]Source: [/b][/i][i][b]Supreme Knight Carl A. Anderson, Columbia, November 2012, pg. 10[/b][/i]
[/quote]
Sounds like he doesn't want you to help get Obama elected to me.

MissScripture

Look, I don't flipping care if people vote Romney based on their conscience. But to have people saying that other Catholics are going to hell or putting their soul in danger by voting their conscience, and voting for anyone other than Romney is a load of horse poo, and is a sorry thing to see coming from Catholics aimed at other Catholics.

MissScripture

[quote name='dUSt' timestamp='1351752110' post='2501907']
Sounds like he doesn't want you to help get Obama elected to me.
[/quote]
Oh, that's right. Romney lines up so perfectly with Catholic social teach...OH WAIT! HE DOESN'T EITHER. HE'S THE ONE TRYING TO SAY HE IS GOOD ENOUGH! Ha! How could I forget that??

[quote name='MissScripture' timestamp='1351752261' post='2501908']
Look, I don't flipping care if people vote Romney based on their conscience. But to have people saying that other Catholics are going to hell or putting their soul in danger by voting their conscience, and voting for anyone other than Romney is a load of horse poo, and is a sorry thing to see coming from Catholics aimed at other Catholics.
[/quote]
Who's doing that?

Roamin Catholic

[quote name='dUSt' timestamp='1351752337' post='2501912']
Who's doing that?
[/quote]

Not like you really care. You'll just go post in support of them. Or prop them, same thing.

[quote name='Roamin_Catholic' timestamp='1351753629' post='2501927']

Not like you really care. You'll just go post in support of them. Or prop them, same thing.
[/quote]
That was a jerky thing to say.

missionseeker

Dust, there have been a few people telling others that they are liberal, not good Catholics, cafeteria Catholics, going against catholic moral teaching, in danger of Hell, stupid, idiot, misinformed, guided by satan, Obama lovers, baby killers, and more dumber because they are saying that Romney is not the only option for Catholics to choose.

Now regardless of whether Romney is better than Obama or if voters who vote third party "waste" their vote it is not good for Catholics to be bickering like that. I don't know if I could find it but I have personally been called at least three of those things by two members here. I don't know if you really know my that well but I've been here for seven years and the last thing I want to do is kill babies and go to hell.

I don't think that we're being exemplary Christians if we can't acknowledge that people - given their different walks of life and their different insights of the world - can come to more than one moral conclusion on the same problem.

Argue Romney vs. third party vote all you want (plural, general not being specific here) but calling a person liberal, evil, sinner, and blasphemer (and even Obama supporter) crosses a line.

Well, I asked for examples and got back [i]"[/i][color=#282828][font='Open Sans', sans-serif][i]Not like you really care."[/i] so I guess I'll just go to bed.[/font][/color]

[quote name='dUSt' timestamp='1351756245' post='2501940']
Well, I asked for examples and got back [i]"[/i][color=#282828][font=Open Sans', sans-serif][i]Not like you really care."[/i] so I guess I'll just go to bed.[/font][/color]
[/quote]
About 2/3 - 3/4 of Freedom's posts should suffice, if that is actually what you are looking for.

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1351756404' post='2501942']
About 2/3 - 3/4 of Freedom's posts should suffice, if that is actually what you are looking for.
[/quote]
Most of the posts from the user known as Freedom that I've seen have been amesome. Certainly no more harsh or demeaning than many of your posts Nihil. Maybe I missed these posts you speak of where she should have received a warning for a phorum violation? Maybe you can link me? Just know that I will be sure to read through the whole thread to make sure that any warnings handed out are not unfairly one sided.

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1351756404' post='2501942']
[/quote]
Snitches get stitches.

FutureCarmeliteClaire

At least I'll be in hell with people I like!

Really, dUSt? None of us are going out and telling you that you are evil or going to hell, and yet, we get multiple topics posted a day about how we support Obama etc etc. Other users (that you prop) even have told us we're going to hell. I think that a lot more important things in these people's beliefs and actions don't line up with God than who they voted for.

How many people think that calling us idiots, telling us to apologize, telling us we're going to hell, in mortal sin, or supporting Obama think that will change our minds? Guess what? It's not. Edited by FutureCarmeliteClaire