An Old School Catholic Message Board

Voting For Anyone Other Than Romney Is Pro-obama

dUSt

[quote name='FutureCarmeliteClaire' timestamp='1351767127' post='2501957']
At least I'll be in hell with people I like!
[/quote]
My biggest fear as an atheist is that there may be a hell and I'm going to be stuck there with mostly indingnant Catholics.

Edited by Anomaly

PadrePioOfPietrelcino

[quote name='dUSt' timestamp='1351747296' post='2501850']
Voting for anyone other than Romney is pro-Obama.

This is not a moral or theological statement, it is simply a realistic one, based on [b]fact[/b].

So, if you agree with Obama, and enjoy your religious freedom being destroyed, and abortion on-demand, vote for Obama or a third party candidate.

If you value your religious freedom, and disagree with abortion, vote for Romney.

One week before the election, those are the only two viable choices that will have any real affect. Anything else makes you irrelevant.

Thanks,
dUSt - Phounder of phatmass, and leader of you all
[/quote]

I agree in part, but also disagree. We need to remember that the popular vote does not decide the President by itself, it chooses the electors. For individuals such as myself who live in a solid state like Kansas which almost surely will go to Romney, I feel no danger in voting for a third party, because even if a third party gets 9-10% of the popular state vote it won't be changing the outcome. McCain won the popular vote in 2008 by over 14 points AND Obama has even less support than last election here. In my case voting for a third party does not give support to Obama and sends a message that the two party system is broken or at .east they are running the wrong candidates.

PadrePioOfPietrelcino

Funny, I thought this w the DEBATE table. Where we could I don't know express our views on various issues of the day and debate with others about what it means to be Catholic in Varrying situations, to express differing ideas. Didn't realize that was propaganda now.

PadrePioOfPietrelcino

Rhetoric is part of debate, what I think you mean is that not everyone is posting good solidly constructed arguments.

[quote name='PadrePioOfPietrelcino' timestamp='1351779988' post='2502011']
Rhetoric is part of debate, what I think you mean is that not everyone is posting good solidly constructed arguments.
[/quote]
The distinction is valid.

Basilisa Marie

Maybe I wouldn't have such an issue with everything dUSt says if he wasn't the administrator of the forum.

Not trying to be insulting, just honest.

[quote name='Basilisa Marie' timestamp='1351781021' post='2502020']
Maybe I wouldn't have such an issue with everything dUSt says if he wasn't the administrator of the forum.

[/quote]

I still have my Church Militant tag. I don't think DuS+ abuses his position, at all, if that was your concern.

Basilisa Marie

[quote name='Winchester' timestamp='1351781131' post='2502022']

I still have my Church Militant tag. I don't think DuS+ abuses his position, at all, if that was your concern.
[/quote]

No, I wouldn't say he's abusing his position. Maybe I'm just used to him being the great and powerful mysterious webmaster who only deigns to come down and interact with us plebeians when there's something important to say. :)

PadrePioOfPietrelcino

[quote name='Basilisa Marie' timestamp='1351781021' post='2502020']

[/quote]

Thank-you for your honesty...But why does it change the validity or invalidity of his view? He is expressing how he has received the faith. I think that dUSt does a great job of allowing a WIDE variety of views to be expressed...anybody here remember Budge?

Basilisa Marie

[quote name='PadrePioOfPietrelcino' timestamp='1351781499' post='2502026']
Thank-you for your honesty...But why does it change the validity or invalidity of his view? He is expressing how he has received the faith. I think that dUSt does a great job of allowing a WIDE variety of views to be expressed...anybody here remember Budge?
[/quote]

I don't think it changes the validity, in making it less valid. I think more people might be willing to think he's right because he's our phounder. And maybe I'm just bitter because I disagree with him. :)

Hahaha, I think dUSt has had political feelings as strong as Winnie's since I first started posting here. It's rare to get him to post like this, but I think it's one of three topics in which you'll really get his opinion.

[quote name='Anomaly' timestamp='1351774206' post='2501975']
My biggest fear as an atheist is that there may be a hell and I'm going to be stuck there with mostly indingnant Catholics.
[/quote]

I've never heard an atheist say that their biggest fear is hell. (I am actually friends with several atheists.)