An Old School Catholic Message Board

Voting For Anyone Other Than Romney Is Pro-obama

dUSt

LinaSt.Cecilia2772

[quote name='USAirwaysIHS' timestamp='1351823638' post='2502536']

I officially apologize to Freedom for giving it the Dumbest Post of the Day award before the day ended.
[/quote]

Thanks for calling me dumb because of my post. Really appreciate it.

[quote name='LinaSt.Cecilia2772' timestamp='1351824686' post='2502560']

[/quote]
He called the post dumb. You're the poster. He didn't call the poster dumb.

FutureCarmeliteClaire

[quote name='LinaSt.Cecilia2772' timestamp='1351824686' post='2502560']

[/quote]
I may not agree with your views, but I seriously know exactly how you feel when you posted this. Except I wasn't being directly heckled.

Although, I've learned, if you're going to put your opinion on a public forum (especially here right now) expect it to be heckled.

FYI to the rest of y'all, I do not agree with her views, but there's more mature ways to go about things that using sarcasm and calling people dumb.

[quote name='FutureCarmeliteClaire' timestamp='1351825176' post='2502574']
I may not agree with your views, but I seriously know exactly how you feel when you posted this. Except I wasn't being directly heckled.

Although, I've learned, if you're going to put your opinion on a public forum (especially here right now) expect it to be heckled.

FYI to the rest of y'all, I do not agree with her views, but there's more mature ways to go about things that using sarcasm and calling people dumb.
[/quote]
heckle heckle heckle heckle heckle heckle heckle heckle heckle heckle heckle heckle heckle heckle
heckle heckle heckle heckle heckle heckle heckle heckle heckle heckle heckle heckle heckle heckle

[/quote]
Well this has obviously not happened because we all know that the only person who does stuff like that is the user known as Freedom, and she hasn't even posted in this thread.

[quote name='Adrestia' timestamp='1351825473' post='2502579']
Winnie, you're not on ladder 31, are you?
[/quote]
Nope. I'm in my kitchen.

Edited by Winchester

[/quote]
[quote name='Winchester' timestamp='1351824967' post='2502567']
He called the post dumb. He didn't call the poster dumb.
[/quote]

I do not have enough information at hand to make an assessment about the intellectual capacity of the poster. However, the entire post itself is right there in front of me.

LadyOfSorrows

[/quote]

FCC, aren't you 14? I'm just asking because you write very maturely and I assumed that you were voting from your responses. I'm just concerned as to why you claim that people are ridiculing you for not voting for Romney when you're not of age to vote yet. If this is totally wrong and you're over the age of 18, I apologize. :)

[quote name='LinaSt.Cecilia2772' timestamp='1351823185' post='2502529']
I should have just kept my beaver dam mouth shut and not have said anything. I'm sorry that I caused trouble.
[/quote]
I wouldn't describe this as trouble, but I must ask:
What did you expect?

FutureCarmeliteClaire

[quote name='LadyOfSorrows' timestamp='1351825536' post='2502583']

FCC, aren't you 14? I'm just asking because you write very maturely and I assumed that you were voting from your responses. I'm just concerned as to why you claim that people are ridiculing you for not voting for Romney when you're not of age to vote yet. If this is totally wrong and you're over the age of 18, I apologize. :)
[/quote]
You are correct. :) Yes, I am ridiculed for not supporting Romney. Not on Phatmass am I ridiculed personally. It's actually adults in real life who have done that to me. I've gotten "I can't believe you wouldn't know that" or understand that or some variant thereof. I'm like, way to go to make a 14 year old lose all respect she had for you in the past.

I actually appreciate debates on PM (even though they get really stupid and out of hand at times) because I've never been personally attacked for my views here.

Yeah, Lina, I am not sure what you expected here. Half of us think Obama is very evil, and the other half think both Obama and Romney are very evil.

[quote name='dUSt' timestamp='1351822875' post='2502522']

I disagree with you, but I do not fault you for your decision--after all, it is the natural progression of all the arguments Aloysius and Winchester have been making.
[/quote]i don't think it's the natural progression if their arguements, but the half thinking that many people do. They stop at their comfort level which is what they grew up with.
She stated how the other economic issues were so important that they were allowed to override the pro-abortion agenda within the Dem party. She's not evil, nor is the Dem party. They have a certain vision for social justice that promotes Government subsidized freedoms with involved Gov protections. Great, but its gone too far with unrestricted and subsidized a oration in the name if women's rights. Dems don't hate babies.

On the other hand, Republicans want to limit government intrusion, not subsidize irresponsibility and bad choices sometimes to the detriment if sound moral social policy. Repubs don't hate poor and women.
They both have a different view if what's right for society and how to accomplish that. Winchester, Jaime, Era, and kujo all share those exact same goals with massively different opinions if how to do it.

That's we're rational logic comes it. It can't be just personal opinion if you don't attempt to consider the body of circumstances, and practical consideration of what can be changed or can't be changed, what can be tolerated long or short term, what can't be tolerated, and accept we live in a society where everyone gets their say. Winchester may be most correct with his opinions (he isn't), but he isn't going to impact society without convincing a large group of people to support him. He would have to do use Force.

The point is, you have to pick your battles and prioritize. My opinion is its abortion because that's fundamental to all humans having the right to life. I believe the Catholic Church had identified the same priority.

If abortion is the primary concern, you must evaluate the effects if your choices, many if which are unanticipated or not experienced from your life experiences. That's why there's 78 threads on this topic and 90,004 posts. You have much to gain and maybe something to share, even if its mistake you made like voting for Obama.