An Old School Catholic Message Board

Our Country's Voters Are Stupid

Cherie

All you people who voted implicitly accepted that the vote was a fair way to decide what person gets to be your dictator for the next four years. :smile3: You participated in the process, knowing full well it could go either way.

Basilisa Marie

[quote name='CherieMadame' timestamp='1352262991' post='2505467']
About any of his policies over the next four years.
[/quote]

I don't think you understand why people vote third party.

But regardless, now we can focusing on bringing the HHS to the Supreme Court, among other things.

dominicansoul

[quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1352263282' post='2505471']
this deserves to be posted here:

Let nothing disturb you,
Let nothing frighten you,
All things are passing away:
God never changes.
Patience obtains all things
Whoever has God lacks nothing;
God alone suffices.
– St. Teresa of Avila
[/quote]

:like:

[quote name='elizabeth09' timestamp='1352262867' post='2505464']
I heard that their are [color=#282828][font='Open Sans', sans-serif]Catholics who still voted in Obama, after 4 years.[/font][/color]
[/quote]Most Catholics voted for Obama in 2008. Most Catholics vote for pro abortion politicians.

It's okay if their conscience is clear.

[quote name='Basilisa Marie' timestamp='1352263591' post='2505477']

But regardless, now we can focusing on bringing the HHS to the Supreme Court, among other things.
[/quote]you do know that most Catholics support HHS. What's the Supreme Court gonna do? It's legal.

eagle_eye222001

[quote name='CherieMadame' timestamp='1352262083' post='2505449']
Four more years, people? Really?

This puts the pro-life movement back at least a generation.

3rd party voters aren't allowed to complain. And if you voted for Obama I hope you realized the mess we are heading into that YOU helped happen.
[/quote]

No....it prevents the pro-life movement from getting further scammed by Romney.

I would argue that this actually helps the pro-life movement, because we have a much better chance of getting a real pro-life candidate in there in 4 years as opposed to 8 or more.

Romney would have kept the status quo on abortion according to his previous record. He would not have helped it.

Ash Wednesday

It's not the Catholics that voted 3rd party or didn't vote that I don't understand, it's the ones that voted directly for Obama and his mandate that will suppress the rights of the very Church they claim to be a part of.

One of my friends on facebook, someone who grew up in the same parish as me, supported a group of "Catholics" from my home state of Washington, lobbying for "marriage equality" -- because they just think that is what Jesus really would have wanted. The Gospel is really about being "nice." Never mind what the Church has actually said. And yes, Washington state has now legalized gay marriage. Something I did expect to happen.

I just don't view my country in the same way now. As an expatriate living abroad -- the America I grew up in, and used to get homesick for, is now gone, at the very least, it will be.

You guys are hilarious.

You lost. America persists. And if your party and philosophy can't survive this thumping, then it's not worth the millions of votes cast in its favor today and in the preceding days.

[quote name='Freedom' timestamp='1352266414' post='2505514']
Your avatar is scary, kujo.
[/quote]

It's pretty amesome though. Right?

I'm sorry but to say that our country's voters are stupid is such a bad statement.

This was a very hard and difficult election. Neither candidate was a good candidate. Period. There were many, many issue involved INCLUDING prolife. To simplify choosing the president by looking at a single issue (with no guarantee that a prolife candidate would actually act in that manner) is really narrow minded.

I suggest instead of complaining and moaning that we all pray for our president elect, and start praying for the next candidate. That the Lord might bring up a really strong, virtuous candidate that has a true love for service and a heart for God.

[quote name='cmariadiaz' timestamp='1352267216' post='2505523']
I'm sorry but to say that our country's voters are stupid is such a bad statement.

This was a very hard and difficult election. Neither candidate was a good candidate. Period. There were many, many issue involved INCLUDING prolife. To simplify choosing the president by looking at a single issue (with no guarantee that a prolife candidate would actually act in that manner) is really narrow minded.

I suggest instead of complaining and moaning that we all pray for our president elect, and start praying for the next candidate. That the Lord might bring up a really strong, virtuous candidate that has a true love for service and a heart for God.
[/quote]
It is worth noting that, objectively speaking, abortion is the most important issue. But I'm guessing you knew that already,

[quote name='dominicansoul' timestamp='1352262698' post='2505460']
guys, before we get all heated up in here, [i]please realize that we are friends[/i]. dont' blow friendship over politics. Catholics need to stick together, and I think if we spent as much passion praying for the conversion of the godless people who lead this country as we spend blowing up at each other, we can bring REAL CHANGE to our nation.

'm staring a novena of rosaries for the conversion of barack... The Lord said these types need prayers AND fasting.. its time to bring out the big spiritual guns...

our fight is not with each other, its with the principalities of darkness...
[/quote]

Amen! I already said the Sorrowful Mysteries for Obama's conversion and will continue to do so.

[quote name='XIX' timestamp='1352267542' post='2505528']
It is worth noting that, objectively speaking, abortion is the most important issue. But I'm guessing you knew that already,
[/quote]

I am not disagreeing, but it is also worth a thought that there are conceivably issues that could be more important. I would agree that currently there are not, but it is not difficult to imagine comparatively worse scenarios that could in theory become even more oppressive than abortion.