An Old School Catholic Message Board

Our Country's Voters Are Stupid

Cherie

Well, for all those with such delicate sensibilities, I will say, "incredibly, utterly, and hopelessly ignorant and incapable of foresight" instead of "stupid". Which was what I obviously originally meant, but whatever.

[quote name='CherieMadame' timestamp='1352290550' post='2505645']

[color=#575757][font=Segoe UI', 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][color=#282828]Well, for all those with such delicate sensibilities, I will say, [s]"incredibly, utterly, and hopelessly ignorant[/s] [s]and incapable of foresight" instead of [/s]"[i][b]stupid[/b][/i]"[s]. Which was what I obviously originally meant, but whatever.[/s][/color][/font][/color]

[/quote]

No, really Americans brought this upon themselves, and re-electing Obama for another four years is pretty stupid if you ask , me. :pinch:

Edit: Really those who re-elected Obama are more sinful and shallow... [size=1]and they're stupid. [/size]

Edited by i<3LSOP

[quote name='i<3LSOP' timestamp='1352291886' post='2505650']

No, really Americans brought this upon themselves, and re-electing Obama for another four years is pretty stupid if you ask , me. :pinch:

Edit: Really those who re-elected Obama are more sinful and shallow... [size=1]and they're stupid. [/size]
[/quote]

Yeah re-electing him is, in my opinion, a truly "stupid" decision, but I have to make the distinction not to call the people themselves "stupid" because I guess certain people think that's name-calling. I thought my original meaning/intention was obvious, but I guess not.

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1352269882' post='2505565']
We shouldn't blame the president for being re-elected, nor should we blame Romney for not being elected. We shouldn't be blaming anybody, not even the Catholics that voted for Obama. They voted for him because of the crippling catechesis crisis that we have had over the past few decades. It's not time to blame or point fingers, it's time to pray and catechize so this doesn't happen again. Don't want another Obama-esque candidate to be elected? Start catechizing. When people know their faith they will vote their faith, clear and simple.
[/quote]I disagree entirely. Most Catholics that I know who voted for Obama knew full well what the Church teaches and saw themselves at odds with the bishops. I don't think poor catechesis can really be to blame.

CNN did exit polls in many of the swing states. Catholics overwhelmingly supported Romney in this election.

In Virginia they voted for Romney 54% to Obama's 45%.
In Florida it was 52% to 47%.
Ohio was 54% to 44%!

No, this election wasn't lost because Catholics are poorly educated. That the numbers changed so drastically is a testament to how well the bishops spoke this time. Sadly, many of those Catholics who voted for Obama knew well what they were doing and I don't think catechesis is to blame.

If one does not believe that the Eucharist is truly the Body, Blood, Soul and Divinity of our Savior and Lord Jesus Christ, then one can basically do the same for the rest after that.

spotted this on facebook this morning:

[img]https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/530885_401722313227100_1953871113_n.jpg[/img]

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/how-to-explain-romneys-loss-to-shocked-conservatives/

[quote][b]Finally: you didn’t like Romney that much either. So are you really surprised?[/b] The entire Republican primary was a search for a “Not-Romney” candidate. In fact, you probably once contemplated voting for Newt Gingrich, Herman Cain, or Rick Santorum precisely because Romney was a flip-flopper who invented Obamacare in Massachusetts. Just a year ago, my dear conservative friend, you were likely very much against the idea of Romney being your nominee. So how can you be surprised that other Americans never warmed to him as a choice for president?[/quote]

MissScripture

"It may be the will of Heaven that America shall suffer calamities still more wasting and distresses yet more dreadful. If this is to be the case, it will have this good effect, as least: it will inspire us with many virtues, which we have not, and correct many errors, follies, and vices, which threaten to disturb, dishonor, and destroy us. The furnace of afflication produces refinement, in states as well as individuals. And the new governments we are assuming, in every part, will require a purification from our vices, and an augmentation of our virtues or there will be no blessings... But I must submit all my hopes and fears to an overruling Providence; in which, unfashionable as the faith may be, I firmly believe" -JOHN ADAMS July 3, 1776.

dominicansoul

i can't look back at anytime in American history where we have ever been fully respectful of life and liberty. We just have to keep on chugging along. Sometimes I think the Lord allows the world to grow darker, just so our lights will shine brighter.... it's meant to inspire us and act toward a greater purpose... :)

homeschoolmom

My fellow Catholics:

Please read today's mass readings. [url="http://www.usccb.org/bible/readings/110712.cfm"]http://www.usccb.org/bible/readings/110712.cfm[/url] Thanks.

[quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1352263282' post='2505471']
this deserves to be posted here:

Let nothing disturb you,
Let nothing frighten you,
All things are passing away:
God never changes.
Patience obtains all things
Whoever has God lacks nothing;
God alone suffices.
– St. Teresa of Avila
[/quote]

All will happen in God's time, how long were his chosen people enslaved ?

ed