An Old School Catholic Message Board

Okay, Time To Get Serious!

Freedom

Events that have accord earlier tonight have been detrimental to my future plans and decisions. Are we supposed to rush forward in becoming a martyr for our faith or are we supposed to listen to our survival instinct and avoid death? Just to be clear, I'm [b]not[/b] talking about going against righteous morals in order to stay unharmed.

[quote name='missionseeker' timestamp='1352273508' post='2505611']
Then what the hell are you talking about?
[/quote]

Um, excuse me... would you mind refraining from using that type of language in my threads?

[quote name='Freedom' timestamp='1352272838' post='2505605']
Events that have accord earlier tonight have been detrimental to my future plans and decisions. [/quote]

[img]http://hegeekshegeek.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/the-brain.jpg[/img]

[quote name='kujo' timestamp='1352294141' post='2505666']
Freedom,

Please explain the ambiguity in your post. It sounds like you are suggesting some sort of suicide bomber stuff.
[/quote]

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought this.

KnightofChrist

[quote name='Freedom' timestamp='1352272838' post='2505605']
Events that have accord earlier tonight have been detrimental to my future plans and decisions. Are we supposed to rush forward in becoming a martyr for our faith or are we supposed to listen to our survival instinct and avoid death? Just to be clear, I'm [b]not[/b] talking about going against righteous morals in order to stay unharmed.
[/quote]

We are not to seek martyrdom, only except it should it be inescapable. But matters of Faith and Morals must never be compromised to avoid martyrdom.

Freedom you most likely will not have to worry about being martyred. You will have a good shot at going to jail for your faith if you do not pay the tax or the fine due to religious reservations over supporting death. I doubt that any will have that resolve, especially among catholics as a majority of catholics once again voted for this man.

ed

KnightofChrist

A nation crippled by the culture of death, murdering millions of babies can most certainly and easly rationalize murdering other groups of unwanted people. Handicap people are now being targeted as well. Despite the mocky this may invoke it is not so unbelievable that one day Christians who refuse to bow at the altar of death will be put to death.

Basilisa Marie

We're never required to be martyrs. Encouraged, yes. Do we praise them? Of course. Do we hope to be like them? Sure.

Take each day at a time.