An Old School Catholic Message Board

Okay, Time To Get Serious!

Freedom

[quote name='LaPetiteSoeur' timestamp='1352335072' post='2506214']

I hope you know that most muslims don't bomb things and that "holy" and "war" never show up next to each other in the Qu'ran. It's an incredibly stupid thing to say, especially on a Catholic forum, even if you are joking (and if you are joking it is in incredibly bad taste).
[/quote]

Actually, you know what... I'm not even going to waste my time talking to someone as rude as you are. Go posts your own threads and get out of mine. What nerve you have! Unbelievable.

LaPetiteSoeur

[size=3][quote name='Freedom' timestamp='1352337321' post='2506232']
Um, did you forget 9/11?
[/quote][/size]

[size=3]No, I did not forget 9/11. I actually grew up very close to NYC and experienced the attacks firsthand. [/size][size=3]But just as there are a few radical fundamentalist Christians who are terrorists (like James Kopp) and a few fundamentalist Jews (like Baruch Goldstein) who were terrorists, the number of Muslims who are terrorists is incredibly small (and by incredibly small I mean a handful). [/size]

[size=3]Islam, just like Christianity and Judaism, is a very peaceful religion. In fact, the word "Islam" means "surrender" and is related to "salaam," the Arabic word for peace. When Mohammad brought the Qu'ran to the Arabs, he sought to end the many slaughters that occurred at the time in Arabia. He even inspired a movement of nonviolence in the region before his death. [/size]

[size=3]The word "jihad" actually translates to "struggle." It is not one of the five pillars of faith of Islam (which are testimony, prayer, fasting, almsgiving, and pilgrimage). "Jihad" refers to the struggle in one's soul to do good, not evil. The word "jihad" has been taken over by extremists who are distorting the true peaceful nature of Islam. The only acceptable war, as prescribed in the Qu'ran, is in self defense. [/size]

[size=3]In the Qu'ran, it is written that one is not to kill Jews or Christians, because they worship the same God--they are "People of the Book." In addition, in his last speech, Mohammad said [color=#000000][font=Palatino, Georgia, Times, 'Times New Roman', serif] "O people! We have formed you into nations and tribes so that you may know one another" (49: 13)--not to conquer, convert, subjugate, revile or slaughter but to reach out toward others with intelligence and understanding.[/font][/color][/size]
[font="Palatino, Georgia, Times, Times New Roman, serif"][color="#000000"][size=3]9/11 was the work of a few men who just happened to be Muslim--and they were not even following the precepts of their own faith. To say otherwise is incredibly demeaning and insulting to the majority of Muslims who are peaceful and only wish to worship the same God Christians and Jews do. [/size][/color][/font]

[quote name='dominicansoul' timestamp='1352338460' post='2506251']
we havent had this muslim debate in awhile....
[/quote]

Makes me miss Madame V.

[quote name='LaPetiteSoeur' timestamp='1352338228' post='2506249']

[size=3]No, I did not forget 9/11. I actually grew up very close to NYC and experienced the attacks firsthand. [/size][size=3]But just as there are a few radical fundamentalist Christians who are terrorists (like James Kopp) and a few fundamentalist Jews (like Baruch Goldstein) who were terrorists, the number of Muslims who are terrorists is incredibly small (and by incredibly small I mean a handful). [/size]

[size=3]Islam, just like Christianity and Judaism, is a very peaceful religion. In fact, the word "Islam" means "surrender" and is related to "salaam," the Arabic word for peace. When Mohammad brought the Qu'ran to the Arabs, he sought to end the many slaughters that occurred at the time in Arabia. He even inspired a movement of nonviolence in the region before his death. [/size]

[size=3]The word "jihad" actually translates to "struggle." It is not one of the five pillars of faith of Islam (which are testimony, prayer, fasting, almsgiving, and pilgrimage). "Jihad" refers to the struggle in one's soul to do good, not evil. The word "jihad" has been taken over by extremists who are distorting the true peaceful nature of Islam. The only acceptable war, as prescribed in the Qu'ran, is in self defense. [/size]

[size=3]In the Qu'ran, it is written that one is not to kill Jews or Christians, because they worship the same God--they are "People of the Book." In addition, in his last speech, Mohammad said [color=#000000][font=Palatino, Georgia, Times, 'Times New Roman', serif] "O people! We have formed you into nations and tribes so that you may know one another" (49: 13)--not to conquer, convert, subjugate, revile or slaughter but to reach out toward others with intelligence and understanding.[/font][/color][/size]
[font=Palatino, Georgia, Times, Times New Roman, serif][color=#000000][size=3]9/11 was the work of a few men who just happened to be Muslim--and they were not even following the precepts of their own faith. To say otherwise is incredibly demeaning and insulting to the majority of Muslims who are peaceful and only wish to worship the same God Christians and Jews do. [/size][/color][/font]
[/quote]

Say the word "surrender" to these guys and stay off my thread!
9/11/2001 USA Shanksville, PA 40 0 Forty passengers are killed after Islamic radicals hijack the plane in an attempt to steer it into the U.S. Capitol building. 9/11/2001 USA New York, NY 2752 251 Islamic hijackers steer two planes packed with fuel and passengers into the World Trade Center, killing hundreds on impact and eventually killing thousands when the towers collapsed. At least 200 are seriously injured. 9/11/2001 USA Washington, DC 184 53 Nearly 200 people are killed when Islamic hijackers steer a plane full of people into the Pentagon.

Of course, you're assuming that these attacks happened the way our overlords...I mean honest benevolent elected leaders...told us they did, science, physics and logic be damned!

[quote name='Freedom' timestamp='1352339439' post='2506267']

Say the word "surrender" to these guys and stay off my thread!
[/quote]
Dude, you do not own this thread. Do not start trying to dictate what is said on a public forum, by people with reasonable points to make. I do not care if you agree with them or not- by being here you are accepting a responsibility to interact with us respectfully.

[quote name='kujo' timestamp='1352339538' post='2506268']
Of course, you're assuming that these attacks happened the way our overlords...I mean honest benevolent elected leaders...told us they did, science, physics and logic be damned!
[/quote]
Ooh, are you a "truther"? I am legitimately interested.

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1352340445' post='2506278']

Ooh, are you a "truther"? I am legitimately interested.
[/quote]

I dunno if I'm a "truther," but I am really good at those kids puzzles, where you fit certain shapes into their commensurate holes. I also know that you can't melt steel with jet fuel.

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1352328993' post='2506111']
[img]http://news.gunholsters.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/hello-kitty-AR-15.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

That picture is enough to make the most hard-core NRA member support an assault weapons ban.

Although the sight of such a weapon would make anyone die of laughter, so I guess that is one way of using it for defense.