An Old School Catholic Message Board

Okay, Time To Get Serious!

Freedom

[quote name='kujo' timestamp='1352340809' post='2506286']
I dunno if I'm a "truther," but I am really good at those kids puzzles, where you fit certain shapes into their commensurate holes. I also know that you can't melt steel with jet fuel.
[/quote]

Was there not some kind of official report done by a group of engineers that explained that?

[quote name='Norseman82' timestamp='1352340955' post='2506289']
That picture is enough to make the most hard-core NRA member support an assault weapons ban.

Although the sight of such a weapon would make anyone die of laughter, so I guess that is one way of using it for defense.
[/quote]

Hey, if you want to laugh at that guy then be my guest, but personally, I would not laugh in the face of anybody who is carrying an AR-15 that he knows how to use. Pink or otherwise. :smile3:

Edited by Nihil Obstat

[quote name='kujo' timestamp='1352340809' post='2506286']
I also know that you can't melt steel with jet fuel.
[/quote]
Sounds like a FP post if I've ever seen one. :rolleyes:

To Jesus Through Mary

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1352334203' post='2506212']
True, I guess it does get worse than Canada. :smile3:
There is no place in the US more restrictive in terms of carrying than Canada is though. There are a couple places that are close to the same, specifically New York and Chicago, I think, but it really is hard to get more restrictive. :hehe:
[/quote]

For real- over a year and several thousand dollars to get a conceal carry in the city.

And the ads for this mini-storage unit have their move in price then this...
[img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-gwqsAEN2UcI/UEjfyiVNZkI/AAAAAAAAFfU/bMorrjEVCRk/s1600/IMG_4784.JPG[/img]

[quote name='To Jesus Through Mary' timestamp='1352341797' post='2506300']

For real- over a year and several thousand dollars to get a conceal carry in the city.
[/quote]
Oh, I was under the impression that it was effectively banned right now. I must be thinking of somewhere else. D.C., maybe.

In Canada the deal is that you 'can' get a permit to carry, but nobody except off duty police officers ever will get the permit if they apply.
Main exception is armoured car guards, only when they're on the job, and once in a while apparently people who spend a lot of time in backwoods areas.

[quote name='ardillacid' timestamp='1352341993' post='2506306']
[img]http://www.sv.vt.edu/classes/MSE2094_NoteBook/96ClassProj/examples/FeC.gif[/img]
[/quote]
[img]http://d2ovcr3h00rzir.cloudfront.net/pictures/4a06d868d044c50af0cf9bc82d2fc19f.jpg[/img]

To Jesus Through Mary

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1352341927' post='2506304']
Oh, I was under the impression that it was effectively banned right now. I must be thinking of somewhere else. D.C., maybe.

In Canada the deal is that you 'can' get a permit to carry, but nobody except off duty police officers ever will get the permit if they apply.
Main exception is armoured car guards, only when they're on the job, and once in a while apparently people who spend a lot of time in backwoods areas.
[/quote]

Well when I was looking at leaving the mission and staying in the city a couple years back this was the case. So unless something changed while I was gone last year... It wouldn't surprise me if it was DC. It's a trip when you got out West (like WY and MT) and you see gun racks in peoples trucks and you just expect everyone to carry.

[quote name='LaPetiteSoeur' timestamp='1352335072' post='2506214']

I hope you know that most muslims don't bomb things and that "holy" and "war" never show up next to each other in the Qu'ran. It's an incredibly stupid thing to say, especially on a Catholic forum, even if you are joking (and if you are joking it is in incredibly bad taste).
[/quote]
Just like typing the word that fiddlers to qwerty is not a good exercise in Christian charity.

[quote name='ardillacid' timestamp='1352341993' post='2506306']
[img]http://www.sv.vt.edu/classes/MSE2094_NoteBook/96ClassProj/examples/FeC.gif[/img]
[/quote]
the reflex variant of the delta iron needs repositioning in the hyper eutecoud field. other than your basic cross Austenite exposure at 2066F should balance the remaining ferrite into workable regions..

proceed.......

My favorite model of hand gun:

[url="http://www.alwayscatholic.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/542401bwoman-praying-w-rosary-beads-posters.jpg"][img]http://www.alwayscatholic.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/542401bwoman-praying-w-rosary-beads-posters.jpg[/img][/url]

[quote name='Freedom' timestamp='1352339439' post='2506267']

Say the word "surrender" to these guys and stay off my thread!
9/11/2001 USA Shanksville, PA 40 0 Forty passengers are killed after Islamic radicals hijack the plane in an attempt to steer it into the U.S. Capitol building. 9/11/2001 USA New York, NY 2752 251 Islamic hijackers steer two planes packed with fuel and passengers into the World Trade Center, killing hundreds on impact and eventually killing thousands when the towers collapsed. At least 200 are seriously injured. 9/11/2001 USA Washington, DC 184 53 Nearly 200 people are killed when Islamic hijackers steer a plane full of people into the Pentagon.
[/quote]
[list]
[*]1982, Christian Phalangist Militia commits the Sabra and Shatila massacre in Lebanon. Between 800 and 3,500 Muslim civilians are murdered.
[*]1983, Gordon Kahl, of the Christian Identity movement, kills 2 U.S. Marshals and a Sheriff.
[*]December 25, 1984, Christians bomb 3 abortion clinics, describing it as a "birthday gift to Jesus".
[*]1985, 3 Christians bomb 7 abortion clinics in Maryland, Virginia, and Washington D.C.
[*]1990, Richard Hoskins publishes Vigilantes of Christendom, urging the establishment of a "Phineas Priesthood" named after the Israelite that killed race mixers with a spear.
[*]Early to mid-1990s, Christian minister Willie Lampley engages in a number of bombings.
[*]July 29, 1994, Dr. John Britton and James Barrett are gunned down by a Christian pastor.
[*]July 27, 1996, Christian Eric Rudolph, a member of the Christian terrorist organization "Army of God" bombs the 1996 Olympics in Atlanta, killing 2 and injuring 111.
[*]September 11, 2006, a Christian drives his car into the lobby of a women's care clinic, douses it in gasoline, and sets it on fire. His justification is stopping abortion, the clinic was not involved in that evil practice.
[*]July 22, 2011 Anders Behring Breivik attends church one last time in what his rambling manifesto calls "A Martyr's Mass" before bombing Oslo, Norway, and attacking a political youth camp. This Christian terrorist killed 77 people and injured a further 209.
[/list]
And those are a few examples from the last 30 years from Christians. Every religious group has extremists. It's very unfortunate.

MissScripture

[quote name='To Jesus Through Mary' timestamp='1352342165' post='2506313']

Well when I was looking at leaving the mission and staying in the city a couple years back this was the case. So unless something changed while I was gone last year... It wouldn't surprise me if it was DC. It's a trip when you got out West (like WY and MT) and you see gun racks in peoples trucks and you just expect everyone to carry.
[/quote]
My uncle (western ND) used to have a gun sitting on his passenger seat. I was like, "Ummm, not sure that's legal" and his response was, "Well, how the *bleep* do I get it out from way back there if I see a coyote coming up the road?!?" I then decided it was best to just sit quietly in the back seat of his truck. :|

[quote name='AnneLine' timestamp='1352343215' post='2506331']
My favorite model of hand gun:

[url="http://www.alwayscatholic.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/542401bwoman-praying-w-rosary-beads-posters.jpg"][img]http://www.alwayscatholic.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/542401bwoman-praying-w-rosary-beads-posters.jpg[/img][/url]
[/quote]

That's not just a hand gun, that's a spiritual machine gun!