An Old School Catholic Message Board

Franciscan University

Annie12

[quote name='Amppax' timestamp='1352671837' post='2508217']
Not necessarily true. I only hit one of those points, in that my goal is to get a PhD in Theology. I have plenty of friends that have gone on to do grad work, at a number of different places. I will agree that the academics aren't the best, it really depends on the major though, some are good. Ask me again about this in a year though, I haven't started applying for grad school.
[/quote]
I tried sending you a PM but you're unavailable. :(

Let me know if you ever want to chat about PhDs in theology. I know a little bit about the process, experience, and schools.

[quote name='qfnol31' timestamp='1352674573' post='2508239']
I tried sending you a PM but you're unavailable. :(

Let me know if you ever want to chat about PhDs in theology. I know a little bit about the process, experience, and schools.
[/quote]

That would be great! I went and deleted a lot of pm's, hopefully that free's up some of that space. I'd really appreciate that, thank you.

[quote name='Amppax' timestamp='1352679792' post='2508277']That would be great! I went and deleted a lot of pm's, hopefully that free's up some of that space. I'd really appreciate that, thank you.[/quote]

abuse of apostrophes makes them sad. :(

:P

[quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1352679975' post='2508278']
abu'se of apostrophe's make's them 'sad. :(

[/quote]
FTFY

Edited by Nihil Obstat

[quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1352679975' post='2508278']
abuse of apostrophes makes them sad. :(

[/quote]

I hate apos'trophes' with a burning pas's'ion.

Also, I admit to apostrophe abuse with "free's" but I deny that pm's is abuse. Unless you prefer the alternative.

Also, boo to Nihil. I thought I was being clever.

Edited by Amppax

[quote name='Amppax' timestamp='1352687423' post='2508379']

Also, I admit to apostrophe abuse with "free's" but I deny that pm's is abuse. Unless you prefer the alternative.
[/quote]
My preferred compromise when pluralizing initialisms is something along the lines of "PMs". I think that is more or less standard usage at the moment.

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1352680586' post='2508288']
FTFY
[/quote]
More like RSV-CE. That transation of Scripture has more apostrophes than anything I've ever seen.

[quote name='tinytherese' timestamp='1352687963' post='2508393']
More like R'SV-CE. That tran'sation of 'Scripture ha's more apo'strophe's than anything I've ever 'seen.
[/quote]

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1352687927' post='2508392']
My preferred compromise when pluralizing initialisms is something along the lines of "PMs". I think that is more or less standard usage at the moment.
[/quote]

Yeah, I thought about that after my post.

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1352687927' post='2508392']
[/quote]

I seem to remember being taught to use apostrophes with letters, but not numbers. So I would have gone with PM's. But we're in the 2010s.