[quote name='Lilllabettt' timestamp='1352861781' post='2509607']
nevermind. not worth it.
[/quote]

Your raeg is fulfilling.

AccountDeleted

[quote name='Lilllabettt' timestamp='1352861781' post='2509607']
nevermind. not worth it.
[/quote]

I read it L - before you deleted it. Don't take it so seriously here - these things get out of control, like a bushfire, but really it is just opinion vs another. You know what's important - stick to that. I understand what you meant, even if I am one of those silly people who made the blank check prayer. You're right - caution is advised, but romantic hearts will have their way (including mine).

PhuturePriest

[quote name='nunsense' timestamp='1352861889' post='2509610']
To get back to the OP - I just want to echo the sentiment that as wonderful as this change is in your life right now, you are still young, and things (and your feelings) may change yet again, many, many, many times.

So go easy on your parents who are just concerned that their teenage son not get too dogmatic about anything - whether it be his previous desire to be a priest or his current desire to be a psychologist and get married. Believe it or not, you are INCREDIBLY young! I speak as an old fogie who has been through so much in my own life that I can see the patterns for others as well. I also raised a daughter, and the teenage years were very dramatic and traumatic and full of changing ideas and feelings. If you had told me when she was 7 years old (when I adopted her) that she would end up in the US army, and loving it - I would have called you insane. Her hatred of any kind of authority was that strong. But after 3 years, she has re-enlisted for another 3 because she loves it so much!

All I am saying is not to put yourself into a box - even one of your own making. You MAY end up a married psychologist, you MAY end up a priest yet, or you may end up something completely different from either of these scenarios... time will tell. Continue to love God and trust in Him, and just enjoy your life as it unfolds.
[/quote]

Of course. I'm not X'ing out anything, just as I am not declaring I will be married or that I will be a psychologist. I could be an engineer for NASA for all I know (If there is ever a bet on what I will eventually do, I highly advise everybody to not put money on me becoming an engineer for NASA). But I know what I felt when I was there and when I was praying, and I knew at that moment that God does not intend for me to become a Priest. I could be wrong, but I'm more certain about this than I ever was about actually being a Priest. I fear at some point it near the end it was me wanting to be a Priest and not God, and it was me enjoying the glamor of discerning the Priesthood. I was getting really nice gifts because I was discerning, everyone was so proud of me, etc. I don't think that is the only reason I discerned, but I think that may have been one of the driving forces. Right now what I plan to do is focus on becoming a better person, studying, and waiting to see what happens. I'm not going to fret about what I'm going to be, I'm just going to study, look at majors, and see if I go through with this college thing. Maybe I'll decide to do an Army ROTC program when I'm in college, I don't know. But for the first time in two years I'm just not going to worry about it and I am going to simply enjoy the now.

PhuturePriest

[quote name='Winchester' timestamp='1352862010' post='2509612']
Your raeg is fulfilling.
[/quote]

I think Winchester is listening to Nickleback right now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FO0JddOJZUM

Edited by FuturePriest387

Here, let's pray.

Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day, our daily bread, and forgive us trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us, and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Now see, wasn't that nice? Can we just calm down, stop taking sides, and be a phamily. I love y'all.

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1352862613' post='2509621']
I think Winchester is listening to Nickleback right now.

[/quote]
That's the worst thing anyone's ever insinuated about me.

PhuturePriest

[quote name='Winchester' timestamp='1352863527' post='2509632']
That's the worst thing anyone's ever insinuated about me.
[/quote]

Then you have been terribly sheltered and it is no wonder why you boldly say things on the internet without second thought. I was forced to choose Hannah flippin' Montana as my Disney character. I think you'll live with an insinuation that you are listening to an amesome Rock song about war.

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1352863870' post='2509642']

Then you have been terribly sheltered and it is no wonder why you boldly say things on the internet without second thought. I was forced to choose Hannah flippin' Montana as my Disney character. I think you'll live with an insinuation that you are listening to an amesome Rock song about war.
[/quote]
1. Nickleback is the worst band ever.

2. I don't have to think because I am naturally clever.

C. It was dumb to admit you were "forced". Own your avatar. I am currently in my Doc Holliday aspect, but prior to that, I was attired as the lovely Minnie Driver from the cinematic classic, [i]Grosse Pointe Blanke[/i].

FP I'm quite proud of you for listening for God's voice! It's definitely a sign of maturity to recognize the things we want, aren't always what we are called to. I think the real revelation from your trip is not that you aren't called to priesthood, but that you've become newly open to God's guidance. Keep listening because He's not done guiding you and He no doubt has other surprises in store. Enjoy this time of your life - it's a wonderful time! Going through it I thought it was super tough, but looking back I can see how it was full of possibilities and adventure.

PhuturePriest

[quote name='Winchester' timestamp='1352864008' post='2509644']
1. Nickleback is the worst band ever.

2. I don't have to think because I am naturally clever.

C. It was dumb to admit you were "forced". Own your avatar. I am currently in my Doc Holliday aspect, but prior to that, I was attired as the lovely Minnie Driver from the cinematic classic, [i]Grosse Pointe Blanke[/i].
[/quote]

1. That award goes to Slipknot.

2. I'm sure your wife assures you of that every morning after she has ironed your clothes and cooked your food.

3. Don't sass me about Doc Holiday. My second home is practically Dodge City. I live forty miles away from Dodge City and I have spent a lot of time there.

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1352867489' post='2509675']

1. That award goes to Slipknot.

2. I'm sure your wife assures you of that every morning after she has ironed your clothes and cooked your food.

3. Don't sass me about Doc Holiday. My second home is practically Dodge City. I live forty miles away from Dodge City and I have spent a lot of time there.
[/quote]
1. Slipknot is a horrible band. Nickelback is worse. It's science.

2. I don't iron my clothes, nor do I have them ironed. Ironing smells of elderberries.

5. This is about you owning your avatar, not Holliday.

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1352862961' post='2509624']
I would prefer to pray it in Latin, thanks. Stop being so insensitive. :|
[/quote]

WE SPEAK 'MERICAN HERE!!! MUURRRIICAAAAAA!!! :crazyshoot: