An Old School Catholic Message Board

I'm Back With Important News

PhuturePriest

I am really irritated right now. Really irritated. Nevermind.

If you do what FCC said, you had better be prepared for the hammer to come down, and make sure you have the spiritual resources in place to deal with it. It is not something to do for the drama or romance. Let me tell you from personal experience: there are not a lot of people who will give God the time of day, period. If you offer Him a blank check you can be damm sure He will take you up on it.

Of course this is not germane at all to the discussion of your vocation. <---sarcasm.
I'm sorry I'm not sorry. Later I will be sorry I'm sorry I'm not sorry. but right now I am really irrittated, and this is enough phatmass for me today.

[quote name='FutureCarmeliteClaire' timestamp='1352770542' post='2508855']
Sorry guys. Didn't mean to cause havock.
[/quote]
God is not a little man hiding behind a rock waiting for you to word a prayer wrong so he can jump out and zap you with a wish to get you back. Your advice is fine.

The "Monkey's Paw" version of prayer is superstition.

[color=#222222][font='Helvetica Neue', Arial, Verdana, sans-serif][size=4][background=rgb(255, 255, 255)]

[quote name='Lilllabettt' timestamp='1352768764' post='2508835']
Well, good for you.

If you can pray that prayer with complete honesty and enthusiasm then you are either

1. naive and inexperienced

or

2. among the bravest people alive on planet Earth, in which case heroic sanctity lies within your grasp, congratulations.

In either case I will repeat: the prayer is dangerous in the extreme. Not for the fainthearted. At all.
[/quote]

I like to say "fake it 'till you make it". I am not brave, but if I pray for bravery, I can be strengthened by God. I am not sure whether or not I could embrace martyrdom, like St. Maximilian, but that does not mean that I can pray for the strength to embrace it, if that is what I am called to.
So in that same vein, I will pray that God give me the strength to embrace His Will in [i]all[/i] cases, not just the easy ones. And at the same time I pray for God to make His Will known to me.
I guess I just have faith that such prayers are answered.

I am sorry that you think this is naive. I am not heroic, but I do the best I can with what little I have.[/background][/size][/font][/color]

I guess I am just 'naive' enough to take Jesus at His Word when He says "[url="http://www.drbo.org/chapter/47011.htm"]my yoke is sweet and my burden light[/url]."

Resignation to the Divine Will is an act of trust and humility. I am very far from a saint, but I cannot let that stop me from trying anyway.

God be with you as you continue on with your life seeking His will. Remember, the vocation crisis does not only refer to the priesthood and religious life, it also refers to the lack of good Catholic marriages.

I'm really happy for you, Miles. :) And also proud. It takes a lot of honest self-assessment and personal awareness to get to that place. I hope you have peace. God will do exciting things with and for you, I'm sure.

One tiny note: try not to walk into college expecting you'll find a spouse there. It certainly could, but I know you know it's not a guarantee. I just don't want you getting nervous or upset if someone doesn't come along right then.

That said, I'm praying for you. Please continue to be a part of the phamily.

PhuturePriest

[quote name='nunsense' timestamp='1352769211' post='2508840']
You seem to be maturing very fast FP and it was very courageous of you to post this. Prayers as you continue along life's journey, whereever that may lead you.

And that prayer 'I would rather God break my heart than allow me to disappoint Him.' is very similar to the concept of giving Him a blank cheque, which I did. When you see the amount He writes though, it will be a shocker, as Lilllibettt implies. With Him, nothing is impossible though.
[/quote]

Thank you very much. I wouldn't say it is courage, I just wanted to share something major in my life with my friends (Because I really do consider you all to be friends). I also felt that it was necessary to tell you. You have all been so involved in my discernment, and it is only right to tell you this really important development. Above that, I felt like I should have. Yesterday when I was praying in front of the tabernacle, I felt a bit ashamed. I have made so much hype out of my discernment. With names like FuturePriest, and with telling a lot of people that I thought I was going to be a Priest, I've made a mess of things. I am going to disappoint so many people, and I really dread that. But I know that despite the feeling of not wanting to disappoint people, I have to be honest with myself and with what God wants me to do. So although it may be hard, I'm going to have to keep being honest.

[quote name='MissyP89' timestamp='1352772674' post='2508881']
I'm really happy for you, Miles. :) And also proud. It takes a lot of honest self-assessment and personal awareness to get to that place. I hope you have peace. God will do exciting things with and for you, I'm sure.

One tiny note: try not to walk into college expecting you'll find a spouse there. It certainly could, but I know you know it's not a guarantee. I just don't want you getting nervous or upset if someone doesn't come along right then.

That said, I'm praying for you. Please continue to be a part of the phamily.
[/quote]

Thank you for the kind words. I have much peace about it. I don't think I have ever felt as much peace as I did when I was praying yesterday and came to this conclusion. To be honest, when I first got there I was thinking "I hope I'm not called to be a Priest", but by that night I realized once again the beauty of it and I was very open about my vocation. I'm glad I did this, because it allowed me to discern deeply and not think about my vocation, but to let God tell me about it. I always thought discernment was going "Alright, marriage or Priesthood? Let's think about this for a while..." but in reality, it is about listening to God, not arguing in your mind about the pros and cons of each so much that you drown out His voice.

Definitely not. I of course hope to find a spouse at college, but I know it may not happen that way. Who knows, maybe Emily is my future spouse? Only God does, and I guess we will find out in due time.

Of course. I wouldn't trade you guys for anything. You have been with me through a lot of times both good and bad, and I would never leave over such a silly thing.

PhuturePriest

[quote name='the171' timestamp='1352773853' post='2508888']
"Your yes means yes, because you have the ability to say no." -Fulton J. Sheen
[/quote]

Nice quote, but what does it have to do with this? I'm just curious.

Again, welcome back, FP. Despite the fact that you did not feel at home on your visit to the seminary, it still sounded like a fulfilling and prayerful experience. I will be praying for you, FP, as you continue to discern God's will for your life. You've clearly got a good head on your shoulders, so I don't need to tell you that it will all work out in His way and His time (but I just did, anyway). Thank you for keeping us all updated. :)

LinaSt.Cecilia2772

I'm so happy for you and your peace over your vocation. You have certainly matured a lot over this past year or so, and I'm proud to have a part in your life even though it's online.

I agree with Miles that all of you are considered friends.

I'll be continuing to pray for you. May God pour out His blessings upon us.

[quote name='the171' timestamp='1352773853' post='2508888']
"Your yes means yes, because you have the ability to say no." -Fulton J. Sheen
[/quote]
Interestingly, Sartre would have agreed.

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1352774020' post='2508891']

Nice quote, but what does it have to do with this? I'm just curious.
[/quote]

Don't be afraid to say yes. It was also in response to that whole prayer thingy discussion-mabobber. But once again, God will not give you too much. He only gives you what you can handle.