An Old School Catholic Message Board

Why Is My Life So Awkward?

Annie12

Seriously awkward moment when you realize the guy you like (and have been praying for) is flirting with your best friend... I've been trying to get over him, but now I'm just being all whiny about it. It just seems so dumb! Please pray that I get get over this... please because I know God is at work here I just don't see [i]how[/i]... :paperbag:

Then try some more :) Distract yourself, find some useful project that keeps you busy (reading some good books, making something,...). You're a little bit upset now and it all seems so dumb at this point, but that's okay. You'll get it later. That's the thing with God, always later. We can only wait and trust Him.
It will still be hard, certainly because it's with your best friend, but keep praying for him. And for yourself! I'll pray for you. :priest:

[img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-ptaefNEt2u4/Tyg9nlfLxGI/AAAAAAAAApg/PgEuctte0j0/s1600/sassygayfriend.jpg[/img]

[img]http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lybzi1p1891rnvmiko1_500.jpg[/img]

[img]http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/271/0/7/sassy_gay_friend_poster_by_natsa666-d4b70kt.jpg[/img]

Edited by Hasan

[quote name='NonNovi' timestamp='1352830146' post='2509256']
Then try some more :)
[/quote]
...to get over him I meant of course. Don't know if I made that clear.

[quote name='Annie12' timestamp='1352816308' post='2509158']
Seriously awkward moment when you realize the guy you like (and have been praying for) is flirting with your best friend... I've been trying to get over him, but now I'm just being all whiny about it. It just seems so dumb! Please pray that I get get over this... please because I know God is at work here I just don't see [i]how[/i]... :paperbag:
[/quote]

The worst thing you can do for yourself right now is allow yourself to get swept up into some internal narrative where this is some great cosmic drama. I say this from experience. Just let it go. Or talk to him. But if you don't talk with him then you have no justification for whining about him hitting on your best friend in front of you on phatmass. Talk to him. Experience some rejection (or, who knows, maybe not). Stop hanging around him all the flooping time. And move on.

#toughlove

#getafloopingsassygayfriend

Edited by Hasan

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1352836611' post='2509308']
Does your friend know about your recent struggles?
[/quote]
No, I told some of my friends but they got all weird and started asking me if he was hot and stuff like that so I've just kept it inside...
I'm dealing with it though. When I happen to be playing sports with him I will try to be really aggressive and competitive and that help let out some of my steam... :hehe2:
You know, its really not that bad though because even though I am annoyed as all heck, I still have retained my inter peace... God is good! :saint2:
I'm not even sure if my friend is aware she is being hit on... Should I tell her or let things play out?

Edited by Annie12

[quote name='Annie12' timestamp='1352838578' post='2509326']
No, I told some of my friends but they got all weird and started asking me if he was hot and stuff like that so I've just kept it inside...
I'm dealing with it though. When I happen to be playing sports with him I will try to be really aggressive and competitive and that help let out some of my steam... :hehe2:
You know, its really not that bad though because even though I am annoyed as all heck, I still have retained my inter peace... God is good! :saint2:[/quote]

Sounds like you are in a better place now than you were a few weeks ago. :) That is good progress.

[color=#222222][font='Helvetica Neue', Arial, Verdana, sans-serif][size=4][background=rgb(255, 255, 255)]

[quote name='Annie12' timestamp='1352838578' post='2509326']
I'm not even sure if my friend is aware she is being hit on... Should I tell her or let things play out?
[/quote][/background][/size][/font][/color]
The only reason that I personally can see in telling her that would be if you wanted them to get together.

[quote name='God the Father' timestamp='1352839174' post='2509332']
You need to take control of your life. Start by taking revenge on them both.
[/quote]
[img]http://wac.450f.edgecastcdn.net/80450F/club937.com/files/2012/02/Soon5.jpg[/img]

you guys are great! ya know the funny thing is I'm getting kinda competitive. It's really weird. Haha! I get all "don't you be hitin' on my friend yo!" when this guys starts it up. And, I'm not necessarily trying to keep him single, but it's just that she is MY friend! :bomb: Haha! :hehe2:

:lol3:

In my humble opinion, guys just don't know what their missing by not dating me... Guys need to get some guts... this is ridiculous! But you know, I don't want to date a coward so it's all for the best I suppose! :hehe2:

[quote name='Annie12' timestamp='1352839708' post='2509339']
you guys are great! ya know the funny thing is I'm getting kinda competitive. It's really weird. Haha! I get all "don't you be hitin' on my friend yo!" when this guys starts it up. And, I'm not necessarily trying to keep him single, but it's just that she is MY friend! :bomb: Haha! :hehe2:
[/quote]

I know the feeling. When I was about 16 I liked this guy who I knew didn't like me. And I was okay with that but there was a rumour he liked my best friend. And I remember ranting to my friends about how unfair it was that of all the girls in my grade he just [i]had [/i]to like my best friend.