An Old School Catholic Message Board

Why Is My Life So Awkward?

Annie12

DiscerningCatholic

Send him this gif.

[img]http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbfpejumQx1qiu3jko1_250.gif[/img]

Follow it up with this:

[img]http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/true-story-neil-patrick-harris.png[/img]

Edited by DiscerningCatholic

You know I can't really blame him but c'mon! Really? It makes me sick when we're all at a table eating dinner and he only talks to her... it's so obvious he's hitting on her! I wonder if I scare him... :unsure:

[quote name='Annie12' timestamp='1352843138' post='2509381']
You know I can't really blame him but c'mon! Really? It makes me sick when we're all at a table eating dinner and he only talks to her... it's so obvious he's hitting on her! I wonder if I scare him... :unsure:
[/quote]
The axe through his bedroom door certainly did not help in that respect.

if he literally only talks to her if there are three of you sitting together, he sounds like a jerk. and not worth your time.

PhuturePriest

[quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1352845272' post='2509430']
if he literally only talks to her if there are three of you sitting together, he sounds like a jerk. and not worth your time.
[/quote]

I agree. If I was talking to Emily and her friends I would probably talk to Emily more than the others, but I wouldn't ignore everyone else. That's just rude.

I can't take anything I say seriously with this avatar. I really need to change it.

[quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1352845272' post='2509430']
[/quote]
He's not a jerk. He's just more reserved, not shy but reserved. I still don't fully get him but he's a complete gentleman...

[quote name='Annie12' timestamp='1352848987' post='2509466']
He's not a jerk. He's just more reserved, not shy but reserved. I still don't fully get him but he's a complete gentleman...
[/quote]

if he ignores you completely and only talks to her (if it's just the three of you), then at best he has bad manners and was raised by apes. at worst, he's a jerk.

edit: a "complete gentleman" doesn't ignore the other person sitting at a table just because he's interested in one person at the table.

[b] [i]gent·le·man[/i]/ˈjentlmÉ™n/[/b]
Noun: [list]
[*]A chivalrous, courteous, or honorable man.
[*]A man of good social position, esp. one of wealth and leisure.

[/list]

Edited by Lil Red

PhuturePriest

[quote name='Annie12' timestamp='1352848987' post='2509466']
[/quote]

I figured it might just be him being shy or something. I know I have probably broken nine thousand rules when talking with Emily simply because I didn't know or I'm still trying to be more outgoing. That doesn't make it right, though. But I can't see how you might be in the situation to tell him about it, so I guess he will just have to learn himself.

PadrePioOfPietrelcino

[quote name='Annie12' timestamp='1352816308' post='2509158']
Seriously awkward moment when you realize the guy you like (and have been praying for) is flirting with your best friend... I've been trying to get over him, but now I'm just being all whiny about it. It just seems so dumb! Please pray that I get get over this... please because I know God is at work here I just don't see [i]how[/i]... :paperbag:
[/quote]

Does FP realize Emily is your best friend?

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1352848198' post='2509460']I really need to change it.
[/quote]
Good idea.

[quote name='PadrePioOfPietrelcino' timestamp='1352855658' post='2509537']
[/quote]

:o

Basilisa Marie

Maybe he doesn't talk to you too because he thinks that you're shy and prefer to just listen? I only ask because you've posted before about being shy and only outgoing and talkative around a few select friends. He may have no idea that you're feeling excluded.

But you definitely sound like you're making progress! YAY! :)

[quote name='PadrePioOfPietrelcino' timestamp='1352855658' post='2509537']
[/quote]
That would be hilarious, but no... 'tis not so

I've decide I'm over him. He goes around flirting with all the freshman girls... except me... ugh! pathetic! (I say this with a smirk on my face btw...) :evil:

[quote name='Annie12' timestamp='1352924747' post='2509984']
I've decide I'm over him. He goes around flirting with all the freshman girls... except me... ugh! pathetic! (I say this with a smirk on my face btw...) :evil:
[/quote]
Great feeling, eh? I remember making that decision a few times, and every time I felt better than I had in months. For me it was a way to take back some of my dignity.