An Old School Catholic Message Board

Why Is My Life So Awkward?

Annie12

PhuturePriest

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1352928771' post='2510021']
Great feeling, eh? I remember making that decision a few times, and every time I felt better than I had in months. For me it was a way to take back some of [b]my dignity[/b].
[/quote]

rotfl

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1352928993' post='2510023']

rotfl
[/quote]
I wanted to say pride, but we all know that pride is teh badz. :|

Chasing after someone who is not interested in you, or trying to preserve a relationship that has already failed changes a person. :P And never in healthy ways.

Mark of the Cross

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1352930073' post='2510033']
trying to preserve a relationship that has already failed changes a person. :P And never in healthy ways.
[/quote]
Unless you are married. The rewards for standing by your spouse can be bountiful!

[quote name='Mark of the Cross' timestamp='1353016768' post='2510792']
Unless you are married. The rewards for standing by your spouse can be bountiful!
[/quote]
Right. Unless you are married.

Okay, so I still don't know what to do about the feelings I still have for him... Part of me tells me to get the heck over it and another part of me tells me that I should just go with the flow and follow my heart... I'm torn....

And, I think I've been to harsh on him here... :paperbag:

So yeah this is why asked for prayers in mys status today...

This is my suggestion: start flirting, talking, having a lot of fun with someone else (male of course) and you could finally have the answer if he is still interested in you or not.

missionseeker

[quote name='organwerke' timestamp='1353164552' post='2511800']
This is my suggestion: start flirting, talking, having a lot of fun with someone else (male of course) and you could finally have the answer if he is still interested in you or not.
[/quote]

This could be kinda dangerous if you aren't either very careful or an indiscriminate flirt. Even if you are it can be dangerous

As an indiscriminate flirt myself, I would not recommend this way. It's using another person to get what you want. And it may not even work out. If you start flirting with guy B to get guy a's attention it could possibly backfire by getting guy b's attention and loosing guy a's because he thinks you're into guy b. guy b asks you out because you only flirt with him (if you aren't an indiscriminate flirt) and then what do you say?? "Sorry. I was just flirting with you to get guy a's attention. I never meant anything by it." Not cool.

If you're going to go the flirting route, you kind of have to flirt with all guys. Flirting with one guy is utilitarian. And that's not Christian. Actually if you flirt with everyone with the intention of getting one guy's attention, that's still using people to possibly hurt another.

Just talk to him. Then you'll at least have an answer of what to do. If he says no then work on getting over him. If he says yes, go on a date.

Yeah, I agree. I wouldn't want to flirt with anyone else though because I'm only attracted to this guy! We talk but its mostly just chit chat at meals. The only other time we see each other is when we play sports (for fun btw). And all this happens in a group of other people. So, I think I'll just take it easy and let God lead me... I don't know any other way... I would really appreciate prayers right now because I feel like I'm being very fickle about this. One moment I Like him and the next I just see him as any other guy (which may be a coping mechanism btw... not sure...)

missionseeker

Eh. Don't feel fickle. Sometimes we meet a person and at first are like "oh my goodness (don't blasphemy) he's so amesome" and after a couple weeks or months we realize "meh, not so much." Lol.

To Jesus Through Mary

[quote name='missionseeker' timestamp='1353172683' post='2511840']
Eh. Don't feel fickle. Sometimes we meet a person and at first are like "oh my goodness (don't blasphemy) he's so amesome" and after a couple weeks or months we realize "meh, not so much." Lol.
[/quote]

Ain't that the truth. :smile3:

PhuturePriest

[quote name='FutureCarmeliteClaire' timestamp='1353172768' post='2511841']
It's sounds like you need a sassy gay friend.
[/quote]

I'll get Hasan.