An Old School Catholic Message Board

Do You Dream In Color?

Freedom

Do you dream in color?  

41 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I always dream in color, and they are memorable and very vivid. I used to have horror dreams as a kid then I learned to control them in my sleep by standing up to them, weird huh?

I had a neat dream about a year ago, I was in an old fashioned RV with my wife Winnie at the bottom of a big hill just setting there relaxing and we were both pretty old and wrinkled. I looked up to the top of the hill and there was Pope John Paul II, young looking and dressed in white and glowing with the sun shining on him, like that picture of him hiking in the white outfit. I turned to Winnie and said , hey look its Pope John Paul II and pointed up the hill. Winnie, who is a very talkative person, drives me crazy at times, even though I am verbose myself, she said Oh God I have always wanted to see him, do you think he would mind if we went to see him? I looked up at him and he smiled at us and waived us up to him. I grabbed Winnie and started up the hill, I was having a hard time and she was having it even harder so I grabbed her around the waist and put her arm over my shoulder and started carrying her. I kept thinking I was taking a heart attack as I could barely breath and also thinking that it was hard enough for me to climb this hill alone and now I am supporting her up the hill. All the time she kept talking like she was about to cry, saying, you remember that time he came to baltimore and we wanted to go see him, we should have went even though we were broke, and you remember that time he went out west and we wanted to go but the money was tight and we could not afford to go, this is so great to finally get to see him. I felt like I could go no further yet i did not want to fail her again as she was so excited and I thought we would never get the chance to see him again before we died so I kept trudging up the hill. We came over a little rise before the top and there was a fence and I thought there is no way that fence is going to stop me now. I lifted Winnie over the fence and it was all I could do to climb over it and I kept thinking I always failed to bring her to see the Pope and I am not going to let her down again, we had about fifty feet of what seemed like a steep grassy slope left to go and my legs started to give out and I thought I better push her ahead of me as I am not going to make it. So I shoved her ahead of me and crawled soem and pushed her some more and she was saying he was always my favorite Pope I can't believe he is so close now! I felt like yelling this is killing me just shut up, I am a very hard person to deal with at times, but I kept going and suddenly we were standing before him and my wife said Pope John Paul i always wanted to see you but we never could get to any place you were at and i felt like I had always knew months in advance and never planned on making the trip by actually saving money, money has always been tight with the kids and expenses but I could have saved if I actually tried. Then I listened as Winnie talked incessantly, rambling on an on gushing about how thrilled she was to see him and for once I was thrilled that I just let her talk and enjoyed listening to her and then I had this thought, the Pope has not had a chance to say a thing and how patient and kind he is to listen to my wife going on and on about how she loved him and wanted to see him and how this was the best thing that ever happened to her. Then he looked at me and smiled and held out his hand and i kissed his ring! Then my wife said I really wish we had a chance to see you when you were alive ! Then I woke up with the most wonderful and warm feeling I have ever experienced and hugged my wife till she woke up and told her about my dream while choking back tears.

ed

I rarely remember my dreams, but those that I do remember visually are in colour, although not bright colours. They're usually shadowy.

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1353473394' post='2514052']
I sometimes dream in colour. Also I never dream in black and white, but sometimes my perception of the dream does not include colour. It is not that colours are somehow lacking. It is more like colour does not exist, in those circumstances.
[/quote]

Precisely the same for me, as well.

[quote name='Ed Normile' timestamp='1353478851' post='2514099']
I had a neat dream about a year ago, I was in an old fashioned RV with my wife Winnie
[/quote]

you married Winchester :huh:

[quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1353511839' post='2514214']

[/quote]
That's the worst thing you've ever said.

[quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1353511839' post='2514214']

[/quote]

My wife is Winifred Anne, named after her grandmother. She hates her name, lol. She really hates when I say things like winnie the pooh, or " Winifred thats highly irregular " thats from the old disney movie with the elephant patrol, the one was named winifred and her husband thought all her ideas were highly irregular.

I probably would have kicked Winchester in the groin and rolled him down the hill.

ed

Yes. I have very vivid dreams, and always in color. Perhaps ironically, I am also colorblind.

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1353473803' post='2514063']
I always dream in color. However, my dreams never make sense. I have yet to have one dream that made sense. Two nights ago I dreamt that I was enrolled in a college called America University. It was the biggest university in America and it had over a hundred thousand students. My dorm was co-ed and my roommate was Kim Kardashian, whom I was dating. We were in a play together and practiced our lines.
[/quote]
Near occasion of sin. :stubborn:

PhuturePriest

[quote name='USAirwaysIHS' timestamp='1353539915' post='2514477']
Yes. I have very vivid dreams, and always in color. Perhaps ironically, I am also colorblind.

[/quote]

I know, right? Especially since we were the only ones in the dorm. It was this gigantic room that looked like the inside of a house and the floor was this nice white carpet. However, I slept on the floor because I'm a man of character like that.

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1353540033' post='2514479']
However, I slept on the floor because I'm a man of character like that.
[/quote]
Non-opportunist. :stubborn:

PhuturePriest

[quote name='USAirwaysIHS' timestamp='1353540122' post='2514480']
Non-opportunist. :stubborn:
[/quote]

Oh please. Dating Kim Kardashian and living in the same dorm as her is taking enough opportunity.

PadrePioOfPietrelcino

I most often do not remember my dreams the ones I do are mostly black and white with key elements of the dream in color...like a B&W dream with a green lamp, or someone wearing a Red Chasuble and another wearing a Marian Blue one...stuff like that.

Edited by PadrePioOfPietrelcino

[quote name='USAirwaysIHS' timestamp='1353539915' post='2514477']
[/quote]

That's funny cuz I try not to sin in my dreams... gosh, I can't even have fun in my dreams!