PhuturePriest Posted November 28, 2012 Posted November 28, 2012 no. *smh* i like Hasan's idea of coloring the quoted part. Seeing as how I can't find the colors anymore, I think I will just bold the messages I am quoting. It doesn't surprise me that Hasan is the one that thought of coloring them, though. He does like totally fab colors, after all.
Ed Normile Posted November 28, 2012 Posted November 28, 2012 Hassan you posted above " I said that 'a great many people' did. I never said a majority or even a plurality. I did not write that post with any sarcasm. Honestly, you come of extremely judgmentally and so I thought I would help you perhaps broaden your perspective by both directing you to a place where you could get your question answered and by writing you up a query that wouldn't get you screamed at and dismissed right off the bat. But (AND HERE IS SOME SARCASM!!!) I do so very sincerely apologize for trying to help you. And it would not be more adult for me to have said your statement as I have never made any sort of pornographic tape. I've never claimed that I have and I'm not sure why you assumed that I have. My sex life is, I'm afraid, pretty boring and tame. Why you are so feverish in trying to reject my claims to not be an avid consumer of pornography and implicate me in pornography production I do not know but somehow I suspect that the phenomena known as projection may be at work here." Sorry I can not get the quote thing to work tonight . First off a great many, would be a plurality ! I come off as judgemental? You are the person who has twice wrote posts using my name that I did not write or refer too. I accept your apology. I need no help writing anything up. Look I do not want to argue with you Hassan. I came to the conclusion you used porn as you brought it up, said it was not bad, said many people make their own porn tapes etc. Most of your post's in this thread seem to defend porn and give the impression that you have knowledge in this area. What was I supposed to take from them? It was unfair of me and rude to imply you had anything to do with pornography as I know no such thing, I projected that from your posts. I do not care about your sex life either, again you brought that up. Look, if I defended genocide and added that a lot of people engage in genocide and stated that there is a place for it in certain situations, you may well come to think I was either involved or in favor of it. ed
4588686 Posted November 28, 2012 Posted November 28, 2012 The real question is how can Ed know that female pornstars exist without himself being a female pornstar or, at the very least, have experience fulfilling the role of a female pornstar? There's no way around it. Unless that logic is somehow flawed.
Ed Normile Posted November 28, 2012 Posted November 28, 2012 This thread is a very interesting read. I just want to add a touch of diplomacy if that is possible. Hasan is not Catholic. He has announced it next to his profile pic. He has not claimed to speak with any kind of moral authority from what I have read. The rules that I live by (try to anyway, because I am human too) come from the Catholic Church, and they include judging not, lest ye be judged. If I was not Catholic, I would watch porn as often as I can politely state here, and I am not the only one. We know porn is bad. As Catholics we don't need to convince non-Catholics that porn is bad. I think the Church's position on that is well known. We need to convince them that the Church is home, and it has to come from the heart. Fair enough , although we are supposed to judge, what your are referring to is judging ones soul like whether they are going to hell. We are supposed to judge right and wrong, judge who we associate with and how that will affect us. We can not judge how they will spend eternity that up to God. ed
Ed Normile Posted November 28, 2012 Posted November 28, 2012 The real question is how can Ed know that female pornstars exist without himself being a female pornstar or, at the very least, have experience fulfilling the role of a female pornstar? There's no way around it. Unless that logic is somehow flawed. This was very amusing ! Now if I rabidly defended being a female pornstar repeatedly, one may assume that I had a dog in that fight. ed
Nihil Obstat Posted November 28, 2012 Posted November 28, 2012 Red does not like me either, but I am not nearly as obnoxious as you are, Ed. :|
PhuturePriest Posted November 28, 2012 Posted November 28, 2012 Red does not like me either, but I am not nearly as obnoxious as you are, Ed. :| She doesn't? Bribe her with chocolate and wine. At least wine. From what I gather she really likes wine, so that's a good start.
Lil Red Posted November 28, 2012 Author Posted November 28, 2012 She doesn't? Bribe her with chocolate and wine. At least wine. From what I gather she really likes wine, so that's a good start. Wouldn't help.
4588686 Posted November 28, 2012 Posted November 28, 2012 This was very amusing ! Now if I rabidly defended being a female pornstar repeatedly, one may assume that I had a dog in that fight. ed Sure. I think people have every right to view pornography, although I would encourage them to view pornography that is responsible produced with participates who work in humane conditions, and to make private sex tapes. I also think it's sad how much hypocrisy surrounds this issue and how many people live in shame over something they have no reason to be ashamed about. So I will stick my neck out so maybe other people can feel less shame for something that so many other people do, albeit behind a veil of hypocrisy. That doesn't mean that I think somebody should watch pornography or make sex tapes. I'm not a big fan of pornography and have zero interest in making a sex tape. But that's not some grand moral decision I've made. it's just an expression of personal sexual preferences. You have formed a monogamous relationship with one woman for 27 years. I think that's an amazing thing. Honestly. But I don't think that gives you a right to label as perverts people who have different sex lives. I think that you are a decent guy but you turn a lot of people off who would probably actually agree with you by the way you present your positions.
Lil Red Posted November 28, 2012 Author Posted November 28, 2012 Red does not like me either, but I am not nearly as obnoxious as you are, Ed. :| case in point, i'll actually prop some of your posts, even if you are a Canadian. :|
PhuturePriest Posted November 28, 2012 Posted November 28, 2012 Wouldn't help. Aw. I'm sorry, Nihil, that's pretty much all I had in my hat of tricks. Looks like you're just going to feel the wrath of a redhead. Have fun!
Lil Red Posted November 28, 2012 Author Posted November 28, 2012 Aw. I'm sorry, Nihil, that's pretty much all I had in my hat of tricks. Looks like you're just going to feel the wrath of a redhead. Have fun! meh.
Ed Normile Posted November 28, 2012 Posted November 28, 2012 Hasan, look I can not recall where I called anyone a pervert. I did refer to pornography and other things as perversions. ed
Ed Normile Posted November 28, 2012 Posted November 28, 2012 Red does not like me either, but I am not nearly as obnoxious as you are, Ed. :| See warrior, thats a fair judgement. Nihil finds me obnoxious and views himself as less obnoxious, thats allowed. Of course this comes from a Canadian, these people engage in the sport? of curling ... ed
Nihil Obstat Posted November 28, 2012 Posted November 28, 2012 (edited) See warrior, thats a fair judgement. Nihil finds me obnoxious and views himself as less obnoxious, thats allowed. Of course this comes from a Canadian, these people engage in the sport? of curling ... ed Curling is basically Bocce on ice. We are also rather well known for lacrosse. Besides hockey, obviously. Edited November 28, 2012 by Nihil Obstat
Ed Normile Posted November 28, 2012 Posted November 28, 2012 Marie-therese you wrote :" So you're saying that because a person is having a discussion on an internet website about the fact that certain sexual behaviours are commonplace in society, that the people involved in the discussion must, thereby, be perverts and degenerates, and obviously associated with other perverts and degenerates? This discussion isn't the problem, it's reactions like yours that are the problem. What you just did, Mr. "Hint of Scandal," is refer to me as a pervert and a degenerate. Frankly, that pisses me off. For someone who loves to crow about all their many years of marriage and life experience, it seems you haven't learnt the base lesson, that saying stupid things will not engender positive responses." Where do you get that its a "fact that certain sexual behaviours are commonplace in society" ? Thats what I asked Jlol and Hasan. Look I watch the news and for a few years there it seemed every semi talented performer just as there 15 minutes of fame started to wane "leaked" or had "pirated" some sort of sex tape from the phone or computer, most likely on purpose to get back in the spotlight. That does not mean its either commonplace or a majority of people that engage in this. I can not make it any clearer than that. Sure some do, I am certain that most do not in a country that the majority are religious whether they are christian, jewish or muslim they all have moral standards. How does my calling pornography a perversion refer to you as a pervert and a degenerate ? I guess you just wanted to jump on the bandwagon for a chance to insult me, as I neither mentioned your name or personna here. Talk about saying stupid things, you should consider what you wrote here. You put yourself in this argument for what reason I can not fathom. If I were to have called you anything it would have been clearly written and you would have quoted me. Whats your deal? ed
Marie-Therese Posted November 28, 2012 Posted November 28, 2012 Ed, it's painfully simple. Many of the behaviours discussed in this thread are, in fact, commonplace. Just because you do not engage in them, or agree with them, does not make them somehow less likely to occur. Want some basic information? Google the phrase "sexting." Do some base research on the amateur pornography market. There is a reason that pornography is one of, if not THE, largest money-making enterprise in the world. I think porn is gross, but that does not in some way make it less common, or make me a degenerate because I happen to be aware of the fact that these behaviours exist. Your entire jab at J-lol and Hasan was predicated on the fact that they were discussing the fact that these behaviours are common and well-known. You, in your moral authority, then pronounce that they must be well versed in these matters because they offered an opinion. You are the one who said this: " I sincerely hope that the both of you can find a person that you love enough and one who loves you enough to be physically attracted enough to each other that you do not need external stimuli such as porno tapes or role playing or some other perversion of the God given gift of sexual unity to keep yourselves interested in each other sexually. That is what love is all about, not the hard body, rather the soft heart and the pure soul. Now I am sure that there are some who may do this perversion, you both have confirmed it for me by your positing it here and you seem so familiar with it I have to take your word for it, by the way thanks for that, thats the problem with the sin of gossip, its an evil that you need no proofs to spread that hint of scandal all you need to do is to say it and the damage is done." That is a straight out, personal insult to the both of them, based on nothing more than the fact that they were making a statement about the relative frequency of a certain sort of behaviours within a given context. You involved me because I'm J-lol's girlfriend, which is a fairly public fact on this phorum. See, not every stupid comment a person makes has to be directly addressed to involve other people. Fact is, you just insinuated that my companion, my best friend, and the love of my life, is somehow mired in a world of porn and filth because he referenced sexual behaviour which is, in fact, common, regardless of whether you seem to believe it to be so. In turn, that involves me. Your position in this thread lost all credibility because you seem to be totally enrapt with this idea that because you insist something is not "common" then it must not be so. The world is not limited to your cohort or your personal knowledge. As I said before, if you were actually interested in facts, there is plenty of reading to be done about the sex industry. It isn't exactly a world veiled in mystery. Also, the increased popularity of using visual media, social networking, and various platforms of data transmission to trade sexual images (of self, of partner, of strangers, etc.) is a fairly well documented phenomena. You don't have to be a porn producer to be aware of the fact that people like sex, or that people have sex, or even that people like to have naked pictures of the people they're having sex with. This ain't rocket science. Your problem is that you like to tell people an awful lot about themselves, with little or nothing to base it on. My observations on you in this thread are based solely on your own words.
Ice_nine Posted November 28, 2012 Posted November 28, 2012 I'd rather see the journal article than popular media's take on it.
Jesus_lol Posted November 28, 2012 Posted November 28, 2012 Hey Ed. Sex outside of marriage is commonplace in today's society. Pornography takes up the majority of the internet and a huge portion of that is amateur filmed stuff. Peoples phones have nudes on them, so much so that there are countless news stories about young teenagers with them. Sexting is also incredibly common especially with younger people. Hell STD's are rampant in old age homes. Look it up on google if you doubt me, you loud mouthed schnook. And when you are done that, stop outright stating that me and Hasan are sexual deviants just because we have all 5 senses and the modest brainpower required to observe our surroundings. By your incredibly flawed logic, everyone on PM who has ever noted that fornication, gay sex, masturbation, etc is unfortunately common in today's society therefore takes part in all those activities. Because otherwise how could they possibly know what goes on behind closed doors?
PhuturePriest Posted November 28, 2012 Posted November 28, 2012 (edited) Hey Ed. Sex outside of marriage is commonplace in today's society. Pornography takes up the majority of the internet and a huge portion of that is amateur filmed stuff. Peoples phones have nudes on them, so much so that there are countless news stories about young teenagers with them. Sexting is also incredibly common especially with younger people. Hell STD's are rampant in old age homes. Look it up on google if you doubt me, you loud mouthed schnook. And when you are done that, stop outright stating that me and Hasan are sexual deviants just because we have all 5 senses and the modest brainpower required to observe our surroundings. By your incredibly flawed logic, everyone on PM who has ever noted that fornication, gay sex, masturbation, etc is unfortunately common in today's society therefore takes part in all those activities. Because otherwise how could they possibly know what goes on behind closed doors? Great post! Just wanted to laugh about something (This thread needs some laughter). Every time I read the word "fornication" for some reason I say "fornification". That happened to me while reading your post. :hehe: Edited November 28, 2012 by FuturePriest387
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now