An Old School Catholic Message Board

Should Pro-abortion People Use Contraception?

dUSt

Mark of the Cross

Culpability for the action may be mitigated through intention, perhaps even entirely, but objectively speaking the action remains evil if the object is evil.

I agree, I think! A while back there was a thread about this with the hypothetical case of Mr Godwin knocking at the door and you being given the choice to lie and say no there are no Jews hiding in the attic or saying yes and give support to the evil gestapo. Can't remember the outcome of that!

I agree, I think! A while back there was a thread about this with the hypothetical case of Mr Godwin knocking at the door and you being given the choice to lie and say no there are no Jews hiding in the attic or saying yes and give support to the evil gestapo. Can't remember the outcome of that!

We argued that you gun down the Gestapo and go out in a blaze of glory. :proud:

Mark of the Cross

We argued that you gun down the Gestapo and go out in a blaze of glory. :proud:

But you have to do the same as in the movies and let them go for their guns first so it's not murder and becomes a good win!

But you have to do the same as in the movies and let them go for their guns first so it's not murder and becomes a good win!

Nah, I think it is entirely justified in that case to shoot first.

Mark of the Cross

Nah, I think it is entirely justified in that case to shoot first.

I suppose! As long as the gun is paid for and not stolen from the dead body of a German soldier.

I suppose! As long as the gun is paid for and not stolen from the dead body of a German soldier.

I guess strictly speaking, if you kill a German soldier the gun rightly belongs to his surviving family. On the other hand, seizure of his weapons might be justified if we argue that by using it aggressively, he forfeited his right to it. I am leaning towards the latter.

Everyone should use contraception if they're having sex and are not in a position to have and raise a(nother) child.

Oh, and before someone says "oh, well the best way to make sure you don't have a baby is not to have sex in the first place," let me preemptively explode that argument. The best way to make sure I don't break my leg while skiing is to not go skiing in the first place, but that's not a realistic argument.

What is the purpose of skiing?

The purpose of sex is to unite two people and to pro-create.  

ahhh young padawan, you shall learn to be a phatmass master yet!  the degree of morality on all issues is of course always measured on a scale of 1 to Hiroshima on Phatmass :smokey:  

That is clearly Nagasaki. You're slipping. 

Why doesn't she just use NFP? It's healthier for her than contraceptives anyway. And if she uses it right, there won't be any innocent children to abort.

(Please God don't let mentioning NFP blow up in my face...)

Mark of the Cross

Why doesn't she just use NFP? It's healthier for her than contraceptives anyway. And if she uses it right, there won't be any innocent children to abort.

(Please God don't let mentioning NFP blow up in my face...)

Engaging in sex purposely for the sex act but intentionally to avoid pregnancy = contraception.

bugs-bunny-explosion_4056.jpg