An Old School Catholic Message Board

Should Pro-abortion People Use Contraception?

dUSt

Off topic alert.

I don't agree with everything the Catholic church teaches

If one is Catholic and makes the above statement, that is a very dangerous path. I say this with all charity. If you don't believe a Church teaching on faith and morals, then all teachings can be dismissed. Therefore, endangering your eternal destination. 

Archaeology cat

:hijack: NFP being natural isn't why it's allowed. The pill being unnatural/artificial isn't why it's disallowed. After all, withdrawal isn't artificial, but is still immoral. There are times when hormonal treatments are necessary, and that treatment could conceivably be in the form of the pill, though there are other hormonal treatments, too. /endhijack

KnightofChrist

The answer is clearly, no. Still the pro-aborts and pro-contraception folks will continue to commit generational suicide.

In a few generations or so those that believe in death will lose political power because they will be greatly out numbered by those who believe in life. Assuming of course that our society is free in those generations to come. 

There are actually a couple reasons why a woman could use the pill other than contraception.  You're such a guy!

Principle of Double Effect.

Mark of the Cross

Off topic alert.

If one is Catholic and makes the above statement, that is a very dangerous path. I say this with all charity. If you don't believe a Church teaching on faith and morals, then all teachings can be dismissed. Therefore, endangering your eternal destination. 

Sorry but I disagree. Being wrong in some things does not invalidate the authority of the Church since it is based on the doctrine of Jesus Christ which is truth. I'm not much on history but the Church has lost the plot on other occasions apart from the appalling way it has handled sexual sin within. I'd love to play more but the forearm has been unusually unfriendly lately. Double posts after they were supposedly gate way timed out and difficulty in correcting or posting with extensive delays. So I think I'll give this a break for a few days. Peace and blessings be with you all.

Sorry but I disagree. Being wrong in some things does not invalidate the authority of the Church since it is based on the doctrine of Jesus Christ which is truth.

No, Papist is right. If the Church* has erred in faith or morals, then Jesus Himself lied when He said that the gates of hell will not prevail. If the Church is not infallible, then we have no Truth.

*And please make sure to distinguish between The Church, and the stupid people inside the Church, because I do not want to get sidetracked on that tangent.

The birth rate in the U S, this year is the lowest that it has ever been
The standard of living and government funded social services and healthcare is the greatest it has ever been
Food stamps giveaway is at a all time high and obesity is far and away the biggest health problem in the country.
Go figure

The birth rate in the U S, this year is the lowest that it has ever been
The standard of living and government funded social services and healthcare is the greatest it has ever been
Food stamps giveaway is at a all time high and obesity is far and away the biggest health problem in the country.
Go figure

Wow.  That's a lot of sloppy reasoning and ignorance packed into a tiny post.   

No, Papist is right. If the Church* has erred in faith or morals, then Jesus Himself lied when He said that the gates of hell will not prevail. If the Church is not infallible, then we have no Truth.

*And please make sure to distinguish between The Church, and the stupid people inside the Church, because I do not want to get sidetracked on that tangent.

I am your truth.  

It appears that the only way of practically avoiding sin is for one person to be infertile. To expect people, especially the poor and illiterate to have sex solely for the purpose of giving birth and to refrain at all other times seems impossible. It goes on the list of others that really need a host of escape clauses. Is it really practical to turn the other cheek in all cases? Should you really hand over your wallet to anyone who asks for it? Become someones slave if they ask for it?

Educate a poor non-Catholic here. I thought Catholically speaking, sexual intercourse was for procreation. What about other sexual acts? Just because you can't have sexual intercourse for recreation doesn't mean all sex for fun is forbidden, is it?

Educate a poor non-Catholic here. I thought Catholically speaking, sexual intercourse was for procreation. What about other sexual acts? Just because you can't have sexual intercourse for recreation doesn't mean all sex for fun is forbidden, is it?

Sex belongs inside marriage for the procreative and unitive dimensions of marriage.The procreative and unitive, you can't separate the two. It has been said that when a married couple engages in sex they are renewing their wedding vows of the total giving of self. If one person is contracepting, then he/she is not giving totally of his/her self.