Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Should Pro-abortion People Use Contraception?


Recommended Posts

Mark of the Cross
Posted

Aw, I do not think you deserve a Phishy tag. :sad2: I disagree with you all the time on theology stuff, but phishy? I think that is too much, personally.

 

Not to worry I felt the sting of the whip on Jesus back, but the Lord is quick to console. There was a funeral yesterday for a dear little girl who died under tragic circumstances. Today I went to clean and was asked to secure toys and drawings left in the Church. I placed her angel drawings next to the picture of Mary MacKillop and sat her toys in the chapel. While I was doing it the parents came to collect and the real softy I am, shed a tear. I don't think they thought I was Phishy! And I said a prayer for the people who have judged me so harshly.   

 

 

In terms of The Church versus the people in the Church, the key to understanding that IMO is to remember that the Church proper is far more than the sum of Catholics who are alive right now. It makes more sense to think of the Church as a person. Specifically, we often identify Mary with the Church. In that sense, the Church is our mother, and all of us who are Catholic, both on earth and otherwise, are Her children. 

So we, the people in the Church Militant, here on earth, can be mistaken and can err. But we are not the Church. We are a part of it, but we are not the totality. The Church as a whole cannot err because She is protected from error by God Himself.

 

Yes as stated I agree about the Church that's why I'm so concerned about the future of lack of priests and falling attendances. Things wax and wane but will I see a return of people and especially children in my time?  My complaint has been with those people here on earth that you say can be mistaken and err and are the cause of this regression. If the Church falls off here other religions that are growing will take over and that would be a shame since they are easy to find logical faults. I don't think you and I disagree that much we just have different concepts of viewing and I think we misunderstand each other. I've always found you to be very patient, non judgmental and quite helpful. Much of what you have written I have taken on board. Peace.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...