An Old School Catholic Message Board

Honeymoon Ideas?

zabbazooey

PhuturePriest

But because you're wise beyond your years, you know it's the right thing to do.

My dear Winchester, you have found the way to get me out of any thread: Flattery with a side of complete truth. I will stay out of this thread now! :)

My dear Winchester, you have found the way to get me out of any thread: Flattery with a side of complete truth. I will stay out of this thread now! :)

Good form.

it's really not about the honeymoon

it not worth going into debt

:heart:  to all the phatmass married couples , may all your days together be a honey moon :heart:

theculturewarrior

If you like sunshine and beach weather, South Padre Island is pretty good this time of year.  It snows every now and then, like once every two or three years, but usually we have beach weather the whole year.  Stay away during March and early April though.  I avoid Mexico because of the violence.

Disney cruises/resorts are nice (I was able to stay at the Yacht Club Resort, it was amazing), or somewhere tropical. If you live close to Canada there are some nice places here as well. My parents went to Niagra Falls for theirs and also saved for a trip to Mexico a few years later (although, be wary of food poisoning, my Dad spent most of Mexico 'sight-seeing' in washrooms). Also extravagance/typical location for a major trip isn't always necessary, you could also look into options of going somewhere close to your heart/relationship, like a location you both wished to see someday, or a place where your ancestry is from (for me I would live to go to England and Ireland to explore my family roots).

Maybe you could get a deal on a vacation rental somewhere in the US?   Maybe someone could give you a deal on some time in a time share? 

My husband had set up a bunch of tiny 3-4 day stays in various places in Italy.... and we took his  grandmother with us.  Now, before everyone's eyes get big... she was too old to travel back to Italy by herself, so we took her and LEFT her in her ancestral village.  In exchange, we had a free base spot (with fantastic food & drink!) and lots and lots of 2-3 day trips all over Italy, and it wasn't any where near as expensive as it might have been. 

What parts of the US if any would interest you, zabbazooey?

You could fly out to Istanbul and stay at a nice hotel for like 1,200 (flight and 7 night stay).  I know a hotel you can stay at.  You can get good wine and good cheap food and you'll be right on the Bospherus.  It's a lot more unique that going to Mexico for a Honeymoon and you're less likely to get murdered by a drug cartel.  

Not to mention Greek and Byzantine ruins. 

And Turkish and Roman.  You could actually go to Greece pretty cheaply by ferry, although with the Northern European countries currently smashing Greece it's sometimes problematic to rely on regular transportation.  But you can feel it our while there.  I have friends who live there and some friends who have stayed there a lot longer than I did for study abroad so I can give you lots of info about traveling around cheaply   

You could fly out to Istanbul and stay at a nice hotel for like 1,200 (flight and 7 night stay). I know a hotel you can stay at. You can get good wine and good cheap food and you'll be right on the Bospherus. It's a lot more unique that going to Mexico for a Honeymoon and you're less likely to get murdered by a drug cartel.

You mean Constantinople? :|